April 30.! Leopard running on HP TX series With Goodies!

artbj

36 posts in this topic

I have now successfully made an install disc for the hp tx 1285 model tx 1000

The remote control now works with Front Row, iTunes, Quicktime, and I navigate my computer with it.

The touchscreen works

Audio works.

I went thru the extensions and removed slow downs.. so now my system is running pretty smooth booting quite fast compared to before.

I got software acceleration but no qe

I have also managed to get the nvidia 6150 go running with native geforce drivers, but with some tearing.

So I am now using Titan, I could get it to recognize native resolution, alas, NVDAResman.kext crashes the machine, and NVidiaEFI.kext dont work well with nvidia cards that use system memory.

I will add some pictures later ;) The hard disk driver I am using is an AppleVIAATA.kext with a nulled out line and some small changes for PIO mode.. which is dead slow, so I need to get my hands on the medevil source for nforce and fix it.. I think it should be fairly doable.

Im running pro apps etc.. I changed the cpuid of over 200 files, though roxio toast titanium gives me some problems, I have to look into that.

Also working on automatic patching after system software update :)

If there is any interest in making a good driver for the nvidia 6150 go - then lets chat :) open drivers for all!!!!

aRt - brasil :D

I too have a tx series laptop. Wow! is there a way I can get a notice of this release? This is a major deal for me, I have had too many headaches trying to install Leo on this laptop. The last disk to work for me was zeph 10.5.2 release, but it had no sound, video kexts, and wireless was not working either. The Medevil sata kext that are on that disc work without a hitch though.

Hi, well, right now I am in brasil, so putting this on the net aint easy due to low internet speed.

Lets talk via msn or at some irc channel regarding the disc.

I really need that medevil nforce sata kext from your install, as the one from tubgirl 10.4.10 didnt even store to the hard drive, it just saw them and crashed pretty fast.

post-31916-1206572349_thumb.jpg

post-31916-1206572721_thumb.jpg

post-31916-1206572730_thumb.jpg

post-31916-1206572731_thumb.jpg

This is great. i have a tx1420 and i didnt want to even try to put osx86 on because i was sure that most of the stuff would not work. do you know anything about if the mics, webcam and fingerprint scanner will work. i also noticed that it requares software support to change the screen brightness, does that work at all. if any of those work it would be even more icing on the cake. anyway thanks for making a disc like this, its great.

Yesterday, I recompiled the AppleNForce.kext and got UDMA hard drive speed. YAY!

It still reports a couple of errors now and then... 0 devices found... etc.. I will better the timing values when I get a deeper understanding of it, as I have the latest linux timing values for the nforce 410/430 chipset, mc55 I believe - or was it mp?

I also had a look at the Apple IR controller kext, and I disassembled it, I found all the ir commands etc, so we can probably get all keys on our remotes working. Right now I am browsing my computer, quitting programs, starting movies, controlling itunes, switching spaces to check downloads etc.

Has anyone managed to get any graphics when starting front row?

I am also working on the GeForce support, I have the latest nv kernel source for linux which supports the 6150 go, though I need some opensource gfx driver for pci... to alter.

I managed to get just as far as those with the 7600 7300 ppl when using NVidiaEFI - it freezes with a black screen, cpus=1 platform=i386 / x86 or something like that, and changing the EDID0 and EDID1 could work. The machine doesnt crash but the internal display doesnt change afterwards, and I have no external monitor to test it on.

I now copy 1 gig in a min or less! And I watch divx videos flawlessly. Anyone able to start DVDplayer yet? it dont recognize the gfx card.

Next up is calibrating the touchscreen, it is percentagewise... and since we dont have native resolution, it will not be totally accurate since 1024x768 means the middle is in the middle but apart from that there is deviation.

c u later guys - can u guys dump all information regarding EDID dev id etc from the Nvidia 6150 go - windows properties?

aRt

Exciting news, for sure.

I have a tx2000 which I believe is nearly identical to the tx1000 except for a Wacom tablet addition. For what its worth, device ids for my tx2000 nvidia 6150 video is 10de,0244.

Full windows info on the nvidia is in the attached text file.

If anyone else needs to track them for future reference, here are all of the useful vendor and device ids associated with my tx2000 (and probably most/many tx1000 systems):

video 10de,0244

bluetooth 03f0,171d

SATA (nForce) 10de,0266

IDE 10de,0265

webcam (USB) 064e,a110

modem 1057,3055

wireless (BCM 4321 a/b/g/n) 14e4,4328

LAN 10de,0269

TPM (AES1610) 08ff,1600

audio (Realtek) 10ec,0862

touchpad is a synaptics

I haven't tried OS X on this machine yet, but that's a top priority.

nv6150_tx2000z.txt

Excellent dude! This machine of yours definately rocks - it even has tpm! meaning a native boot of an osx disc can be possible in the future.

Thanks for the nvidia info it has the same gfx card as mine, I was not able to get all this information due to not having windows.

Graphics: qe ci

I have gathered some utilities and a rom for GT7300 GT7600 , its a firmware update and I extracted the firmware patcher tool and a kext we can use for flashing our 6150 go chips.. I need the 6150 le rom from some laptop if anyone can extract that, and I have this warranty that lets me crush my machine, and get a new one if I {censored} up the rom. The 6150 go Rom is also needed. it should be called something like

efi6150go.rom and the le: efi6150le.rom

the le chipset allready works and has full qi ce, I believe there is some possibility of getting our chipsets running by carefully examining these roms, doing some patching, and using an arm assembler disassembler utility or risc, as this nvidia gpu should be based on such architectures.

If anyone are able to help, please mail me the necessary, we are entitled to have the roms of our cards legally as we can download them as firmware updates, and ofcourse we are stupid enough to break our warranty if we really want to dork out ;)

I have some problems using front row, dvd player etc... the graphic card is not recognized, the apps would work without a hitch I believe using the software acceleration, but there is a check in the start of the apps which is more or less standarized - if we can patch one, we can do the rest. There should also be some possibility of tricking the system to tell lies to the apps, maybe some functionality would lack, but its better than nothing.

ps! remember to also own an original mac, or there wont be any cool apps in the future if they go bankrupt... ;) ;)

aRt

I would love to help. I have a tx1410us and would love to see it working well with OSX. How can I help? I installed the TOH AMD 10.5.2 DVD with all the usual problems. I am going to get Leo4all and try it.

Alex DeWolf

adewolf@gmail.com

San Diego, California

Guys am a complete noob. Installed Leo4All on HP TX1210ca works fine. Following are working and non working components

WORKING:

1. WIFI

2. Bluetooth

3. Ethernet

4. WebCam

NON-WORKING

1. Video Card (installed nforcetest.kext during OS installation) getting 1024x768 support only

2. Sound Card (Not working) dont know which drivers to try.

Technical Specs of machine:

Processor, Operating System and Memory Processor

AMD Turion ™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-58

• 1.9GHz, 512KB+512KB L2 Cache, Up to 1600 MHz system bus running at AC/DC mode 35 Watt

Operating system installed

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium

Standard memory

2048MB DDR2

Memory type

DDR2 System Memory

Maximum memory

Supports up to 2 GB DDR2 memory

memory layout

1024MB x 2

Internal drives Internal hard disk drive

160GB

Hard disk controller

SATA Hard Disk Drive

Hard disk drive speed

5400RPM

Optical drive type

Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

System features Memory card device

5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

Modem

High speed 56K modem

Network interface

Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

Wireless Technologies

802.11a/b/g/n (draft 802.11n) WLAN & Bluetooth™

External I/O ports

3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 2 Headphone out - 1 w/SPDIF Digital Audio & 1 stereo, 1 microphone-in, 1 VGA (15-pin), 1 TV-Out (S-video), 1 RJ-11 (modem), 1 RJ -45 (LAN), 1 notebook expansion port 3, 2 Consumer IR(1 on notebook & 1 on panel)

Expansion slots

One ExpressCard/34 slot

Display size

12.1" WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Convertible Display (1280 x 800)

Display resolution

1280 x 800

Video adapter

NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 6150

Video RAM

559MB Total Available Graphics Memory

Control Panel

HP QuickPlay media player software and its dedicated menu controls, music and DVD buttons

Webcam

HP Webcam with Integrated Microphone

Handheld remote control

HP Mini Remote Control

Internal audio

3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated

Speakers and microphone

Altec Lansing® speakers

Keyboard

101 key compatible keyboard

Mouse/Pointing Device

Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down pad, volume control, mute buttons, 2 Quick Launch Buttons

power supply type

65W AC Adapter; 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery

The trick is to use the NvidiaEFI.kext in combination with the GeForce drivers, though the internal lcd freezes and the hard drive continues to be active to some point, I more or less gave up this idea and I am now wanting to disassemble roms, to make a patch for the 6150 gowith the right nvcap and edid I froze the screen, it said 1280x800 instead of 1024x768.I will see if I can get the same effect again and post it here.PS! I also patched the 2nd leo disc, as I made my install from scratch, I also use original bootx - works like a charm.PSSS!!!! Please help us by dumping the 6150go rom from windows with some utility so we have a .rom file, and also the 6150 LE rom. We desperately need this! The idea is to hack the LE rom to use shared memory, i.e. use code from 6150 go and 6150 LE... aRtone more thing - can someone let us have a look at that working wifi io802family.kext ionetworkingfamily etc?regardsaRt

For those of you with the 6150 Go, try the kext files in post #56 at this thread. All Credit goes to Mass-Face for compiling this .zip file. I used the Kext Helper included with the Leo4Allv2 disk to install the kext's I needed. Remember to remove IONDRVSupport.kext.

artbj, how is your sound working, i got the sound working on my tx1250 but i can't control the volume in any way or fasion, can you control yours, do you think you could tell me how u managed it, if yours can be controled.

Cheers

zeafy

artbj, how is your sound working, i got the sound working on my tx1250 but i can't control the volume in any way or fasion, can you control yours, do you think you could tell me how u managed it, if yours can be controled.

Cheers

zeafy

I copied the kexts applehda and ac97 from tubgirls 10.4.9 release, they work perfectly. Though, the latency is not too good, meaning that when I run reason and other apps I need to compensate by altering settings.

Greetings from Brazil. :)

Just to let you know, dv6232br also has the same graphics card, and is nforce based.

If you had any issues booting leopard up, try pressing esc and select your hardrive on boot menu. for some reason, everytime i tried this worked, strangely. also, try to use -f, nforceata works most times this way, too.

Any ideas on QE/CI on this?

Alex

After installing NvidiaEfi kext I had some success getting more things to work, except I the screen froze.

I believe the NVDAResman kext does not fully work with the go chipset, due to its control registers differing.

We seriously need to dump the 4mb rom of the GPU 6150go .

We also need the 6150LE chip dumped as this yields full qe ci, tho uses no shared memory, but it could give some insight.

We also need to hack the NVDAHal40 or maybe one of the other bundles/plugins, as we need to use shared memory. NVDAResman kext needs to be hacked as well.

One necessity is a tool kit with arm assembler and disassembler to use, preferably within osx.

One great difference between osx prepared rom drivers is that they also rely on efi, but there is a difference to the id string in the start of the rom, saying this is an osx driver. For anything to work at all, we need to dump these chips.

1st priority: 6150go dump AND 6150LE dump - there are several users here who have 6150LE chipset.

Please, ask people to boot up windows and give us a dump, I could dump mine, but I have no space for windows.

These dump tools are all over the net. google is your friend.

regards,

aRt.

After installing NvidiaEfi kext I had some success getting more things to work, except I the screen froze.

I believe the NVDAResman kext does not fully work with the go chipset, due to its control registers differing.

We seriously need to dump the 4mb rom of the GPU 6150go .

We also need the 6150LE chip dumped as this yields full qe ci, tho uses no shared memory, but it could give some insight.

We also need to hack the NVDAHal40 or maybe one of the other bundles/plugins, as we need to use shared memory. NVDAResman kext needs to be hacked as well.

One necessity is a tool kit with arm assembler and disassembler to use, preferably within osx.

One great difference between osx prepared rom drivers is that they also rely on efi, but there is a difference to the id string in the start of the rom, saying this is an osx driver. For anything to work at all, we need to dump these chips.

1st priority: 6150go dump AND 6150LE dump - there are several users here who have 6150LE chipset.

Please, ask people to boot up windows and give us a dump, I could dump mine, but I have no space for windows.

These dump tools are all over the net. google is your friend.

regards,

aRt.

I can get Linux running, can we get a dump from Linux?

Alex