sleepy_yellow

50 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is anybody have specification and description of the chip of Cmedia8788? i'll try to write driver by myself.

You could have a look at the Linux drivers (alsa). Linux has support for D1(X) and D2(X). There's even experimental support for the HDAV1.3 and upcoming support for the Essence series. They are supported by the snd-virtuoso driver.

There's also support for other CMI8788 based cards like the AuzenTech X-Meridian through the snd-oxygen module. C-Media CMI8x38 PCI cards use the snd-cmipci driver.

For all these cards all analog (7.1 or 5.1) and digital (except hdmi) connections seem to work properly. There is also support for 192/96kHz, 24-bit and MIDI. Basically everything except hdmi is supported. In Linux, but given enough knowledge and time those drivers could be portable.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Don't forget about us. Is there somebody who can write drivers? I need only one stereo output 192kHz/32bit. Nothing more. My souncard is Asus Xonar D2 and in near feature I will have Snow Leopard (Actualy iAtkos v7). I am desperate.

Datasheet: http://www.cmedia.com.tw/datasheet.html

Windows driver: http://www.cmedia.com.tw/drivers.html

Linux driver: http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Download

Please help!

• 3 months later...
Hi

Don't forget about us. Is there somebody who can write drivers? I need only one stereo output 192kHz/32bit. Nothing more. My souncard is Asus Xonar D2 and in near feature I will have Snow Leopard (Actualy iAtkos v7). I am desperate.

Datasheet: http://www.cmedia.com.tw/datasheet.html

Windows driver: http://www.cmedia.com.tw/drivers.html

Linux driver: http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Download

Please help!

Just found this today. Not sure if it would work, but its worth a shot. Its a Xonar U1 driver for Mac:

I would imagine one would simply have to change the device id's to match those of your DX cards, but who knows.

http://www.asusdriver.net/asus-xonar-u1-au...for-mac-os.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Windows Description - ASUS Xonar Essence STX Audio Device

* Hardware ID - VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_835C1043&REV_00

* Device Category (Class) - Sound, video and game controllers

* Enumerator - PCI

* Detected Chip Vender - C-Media Electronics Inc

* Detected Chip Device - <unknown, id=8788>

* Detected Vender - ASUSTeK Computer Inc

* Detected Device - <unknown, id=835C>

* Driver INF - oem21.inf

* Driver Version - 5.12.8.1773

* Driver Date - 6-9-2009

* Device Status Flags - Detected, Present, Known, Not Phantom, Category Visable

device instance: is below:

-------------------------------------

PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_8788&SUBSYS_835C1043&REV_00\5&295fa9e8&0&200030

how do i load drivers for tomymacs snow leopard retail inastall

running a

intel i5-650 with gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4p

GTS 8800 overclocked M.S.I 650mbvram.

can i use the drivers from your thread in snow leopard in 32bit or 64bit mode.

how do i load them and maybe change the device id to get sound out my board on the kext

the electronic layout of the essencse is to {C-Media Electronics Inc} Same AS The <pure specs> Thats what i read in reviews.

so it should be a driver direct in machine code to the {C-Media-8788} chip.

would this work to at least just get my two pure channels of the most perfect sound i ever heard - and im a fussy prick when it comes to sound boards.

i Sold my X_HIFI cause the cleastest driver was hacked by a 14 year old expert and it still was a HIGHNOISECARD. throw ya x-hifi out the window, thats where it belongs , in the trash and down with {censored}tybum creative labs who got so big with other {censored}t too, forgot to know how to build a better card anymore.

THE ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCIe Sound card is the best hope we have for pure sound output thats got NO NOISE AT ALL , What 0.0003 distortion. at 127db sound. the headphones blow at 192khz ust hummimg pure

PLEASE GUYS NEW PROJECT BUILD D~RIV~E~RS for THIS CARD AND ALL MACINTEL HACKEN A SMACKIN with Some DRivers names some like below

OSX Stiriod ear melting, Super Dooper PURE SOUND MAC PROJECT EDSION GOLD LABEL

ASUS Xonar Essence STX Drivers

PLEASE SOMEONE !!!!!!!!!!!! BEFORE I CRACK UP

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe we should put together a paypal donation fund, so we can pay someone to do it.

(A driver for CMI-8788 for SnowLeopard)

Any takers? Anyone with the skill to pull it off, and just needs a push of cash incentive?

If so, how much?

Lets see if there are any takers, then we can figure out a way to keep it honest.

Just an idea...a potential solution, seeing as Asus wont support the people who love a strong, clean OS. :D

Maybe we should put together a paypal donation fund, so we can pay someone to do it.

(A driver for CMI-8788 for SnowLeopard)

Any takers? Anyone with the skill to pull it off, and just needs a push of cash incentive?

If so, how much?

Lets see if there are any takers, then we can figure out a way to keep it honest.

Just an idea...a potential solution, seeing as Asus wont support the people who love a strong, clean OS. :D

I would absolutely donate money to this....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heyyo,

OK, if the 8738 driver recompiled under Leopard does not work, then I guess the next step would be to try a linux codec dump with Taruga's AppleHDA patcher (if someone hasn't already given this a shot yet). CMI8788 cards are now very well supported under linux since the OSS ALSA driver folks started rewriting the drivers for these cards from scratch about 6 months ago. So obviously use the latest ALSA drivers when creating the codec dump.

Tried linux codec dump.. the CMI8788 does not create a codec dump since it's not based off of Intel's HD Audio chipset. Used Ubuntu 7.10 with that ALSA driver.

I tried also just adding the Device ID to the CMI8738 driver.. didn't work. The creator of the CMI8738 driver, Dogbert said that they are two very different chipsets so yeah the only way is if someone remade the driver for our generation soundcards...

Another person said KxAudioDriver... also nogo for me.. maybe others might have luck but I'm sure this one is once again a totally different chipset.

[EDIT1]

I've also tried modifying the info.plist on appleazaliaaudio.kext.. no go there too.. ugh. Well I'm seriously considering ripping out this soundcard and forever sticking with onboard... the Audigy 2 was the only onboard soundcard I truly loved... the X-Fi XtremeGamer and Asus Xonar DX have been major letdowns for me... X-Fi? back when vista fist came out the sound would crackle if I had more than 4GB's of RAM in my system.. and on this Xonar DX? since the beta Windows 7 drivers I've suffered crashing if I try and enable GX so it's not worth the mini framerate boost I got.. and now zero support in Mac OSX... fml... :)

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...