My findings about ad1981hd on hp

6nikola9

122 posts in this topic

I've made a new installer version. It will remove the AppleHDA.kext automatically.

here it is:

Thanks a lot. Guys you are gurus. HP Compaq nc8430 sound works great from internal speakers but no luck for headphones

Ovof, your work is most definitely appreciated. Ive got sound out of the speakers of my nc6400, no headphones as everyone else states. Now Ive got to get my LAN and maybe the WAN working

For my NC6400, i bought an DELL 1390 mini PCIE Wifi card, which worked oob ($10 on ebay)

hi I'm Salvo an italian boy and I'm newbie of this field.I have an HP COMPAq nx7300 and I installed yesterday iAtkos 1.0i.everything went well except one:the sound card.Mute,mute,mute.I have the famous AD1981.Please help me.I tried to install the installer that ovaf made but nothing.someone can explaine to me step by step the perfect things that i'll do.help me please....

hi I'm Salvo an italian boy and I'm newbie of this field.I have an HP COMPAq nx7300 and I installed yesterday iAtkos 1.0i.everything went well except one:the sound card.Mute,mute,mute.I have the famous AD1981.Please help me.I tried to install the installer that ovaf made but nothing.someone can explaine to me step by step the perfect things that i'll do.help me please....

please can someone help me???

install the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, repair permissions: open terminal and write:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

delete AppleHDA.kext and something about AC97 then reboot with -f flag, it should work

install the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, repair permissions: open terminal and write:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

delete AppleHDA.kext and something about AC97 then reboot with -f flag, it should work

thanks so much so much so mush.you was very nice...thanks

Thanks very much. Working Like A charm on my NX7400. Also installed the cardbus drivers for Leo as mentioned in another topic. Even the buttons for sound are working on my HP NX7400. The only thing i still have to fix now is the intel wireless.

Hey Guys - I have a AD1981b and have installed the Azillia kext.

My sound works really well on my gx620. I have 2-channel out on the back, plus headphones and mic working on the front panel. Using Kalyway 10.5.2 and the kalybaby kernel on a 945G system with Pentium D 940.

My only problem is that running some programs like games somehow throws the driver out of wack and I can't use the volume slider or keyboard to change the main system volume without rebooting.

I know this is a 1981hd thread, but if there is any similarity between the two, maybe somoene has an idea on how I can fix this issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
be sure to have removed applehda

because it can loads and block appleazalia

try load the kext manually

first, IOHDAudioFamoly (in plugin of appleazalia)

then, appleazaliacontroller (it reset then disable led mute button)

then appleazaliaaudio

tell me

Im not sure who to thank but my Soundmax Audio device is now working under 10.5.2 using this method.

To confirm, its an AD1981, ven 11d4 dev 1981 device in a HP nx6320. I was waiting for further modding by Tauruga but this has solved the issue.

Now just the 3945abg wifi and dual core left to resolve. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Great!!! works really cool. I had even brought a usb soundstick for my headphones and migrated my nx7400 back to windows. This made me coming back to OSX. Thanks.

But one problem the sound level is very low and headphone output is not working.

Any solution for these problem??

-Nishad

Can't get this to work on a Pentium D Lenovo/IBM thinkcentre desktop. I have the AD 1981 chip.

The HD Audio output does appear in the Sound control of System preferences but no sound from earphone jack in the front nor output in the back of the computer.

What I did:

1. Installed AppleAziliaAudioADI1981_v2

2. Restarted no sound

3. Read that I need to delete AppleAC97Audio.kext and repair permissions so I did so and re-started

4. Still no sound from any output.

Any ideas?

I've made a new installer version. It will remove the AppleHDA.kext automatically.

here it is:

BlackCH, I had to remove on my PC also AppleAC97Audio.kext to make it work.

Can you please make the v3 version of the installer?

Great work!

Paolo

BlackCH, I had to remove on my PC also AppleAC97Audio.kext to make it work.

Can you please make the v3 version of the installer?

Great work!

Paolo

Can we modify the package file and release one ourselves?