Jack Zhou

Jack Zhou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

you're not good with numbers, eh?
and no, you guessed wrong.

So what's up, then? Can you give us the situation? I made a request 5 pages back... and I've been waiting for more than a month, I think. I really appreciate what you're doing for this community, but please don't keep the rest of us in the dark.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts
Kabyl makes that work for free !
Maybe users which want it faster, can pay him some work-charge to get priority ?
There are too much NBs and too much Bios Updates to get all of them fast and safe! patched.

Ashand

Ashand

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
mitch_de, if only he ask....no problems here...

tripkip

tripkip

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Can we make an index of modded bioses with exact modelnumbers etc, so people can donwload the already patched bios files?

I have a HP Pavilion dv9540eb, the bios file is an exe(phoenix bios), dont think you can do much with that, so what now?

AEZ2007

AEZ2007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Kabyl,

First off, I would like to thank you for all the hard work on unraveling this deeply-seated problem with so many laptops.

I also have a ASUS-M50SA (as did someone a page or two back) and I decided to take a crack at it myself.

I've got a little farther than I thought I would.

I have:

Gotten ahold of AMI (that's what this machine uses) BIOS tools.
Extracted the DSDT
Fixed the DSDT
Recompiled the DSDT into a DSDT.aml

I've been able to piece this together with google and old Linux sites from the days when Linux commonly meant extracting and recompiling DSDT.

But I am a little lost when I reimplant it into the rom file for flashing. (how to get it back into a flashable bios form). I have a toolkit of AMI bios tools apparently up to date enough, but I haven't found which commands reimport the DSDT file.

Can you maybe just let the community know what tools you're using to do this (if they're available) even just names would give us something to google.

I have tried CBROM32, MODBIN, etc. but I cannot figure out where or how to insert the repaired DSDT (i.e. the DSDT.aml file Intel's ASL compiler made)...

I have mostly been getting size warnings.

Thanks for any help, tips, etc. I'm quite willing to Do-It-Myself, but I feel like I'm snagged on the last couple of steps.

Thanks. Efforts like yours make OS X x86 possible for the rest of us.

david tsu

david tsu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I will post an instructions doing this mod for AMI bios in a few days. I think teaching someone to fish is better then feeding them for life. I will find some time and write up the way I have extract the DSDT, decompile and inserted the DSDT back. Hopefully if Kabyl is not busy, he can give us some hints if I did something wrong.

About the Dell laptops. I am sitting on a laptop that I absolutely can not get osx to run without cpus=1 also. So far I have extracted the ROM but can not find any editor or find any DSDT strings inside the ROM. If someone can find a software to edit || decompress || decrypt the ROM, I can start working on it. But for now I think some how having the kernel read from an external DSDT file when it load (like linux) would be the best choice.

-DTsu

Kabyl

Kabyl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 170 posts
That would be nice, David, thanks ;)

Jack Zhou

Jack Zhou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I will post an instructions doing this mod for AMI bios in a few days. I think teaching someone to fish is better then feeding them for life. I will find some time and write up the way I have extract the DSDT, decompile and inserted the DSDT back. Hopefully if Kabyl is not busy, he can give us some hints if I did something wrong.

About the Dell laptops. I am sitting on a laptop that I absolutely can not get osx to run without cpus=1 also. So far I have extracted the ROM but can not find any editor or find any DSDT strings inside the ROM. If someone can find a software to edit || decompress || decrypt the ROM, I can start working on it. But for now I think some how having the kernel read from an external DSDT file when it load (like linux) would be the best choice.

-DTsu

Thank you, I will gladly wait.

llauqsd

llauqsd

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 137 posts
Thank you David, this is greatly appreciated! Do you know if it is possible to change reported processor frequencies. My bios reports 998mhz as the only other frequency below 2.0ghz and therefore appleacpicputhrottle.kext won't work.

sonotone

sonotone

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

-DTsu

hi,
I've managed to boot with booth cores on my Inspiron 9400: description here: http://forum.insanel...o...st&p=775980
It seem's to work if you install kalyway 10.5.2 without patches and use Stock Kernel. After 10.5.3 update and manual patching, it's still working.
So, it boot but with critical graphics shuttering, witch fixed after sleep out. I don't exactly know witch kexts are incrimined, i don't want to reinstall it again (to afraid to loose it!)., but if i have time, i will make some tests on a external HD.
Anyway, it's not very clean but it's a good solution for now.

david tsu

david tsu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Kabyl,

First off, I would like to thank you for all the hard work on unraveling this deeply-seated problem with so many laptops.

I also have a ASUS-M50SA (as did someone a page or two back) and I decided to take a crack at it myself.

I've got a little farther than I thought I would.

I have:

Gotten ahold of AMI (that's what this machine uses) BIOS tools.
Extracted the DSDT
Fixed the DSDT
Recompiled the DSDT into a DSDT.aml

I've been able to piece this together with google and old Linux sites from the days when Linux commonly meant extracting and recompiling DSDT.

But I am a little lost when I reimplant it into the rom file for flashing. (how to get it back into a flashable bios form). I have a toolkit of AMI bios tools apparently up to date enough, but I haven't found which commands reimport the DSDT file.

Can you maybe just let the community know what tools you're using to do this (if they're available) even just names would give us something to google.

I have tried CBROM32, MODBIN, etc. but I cannot figure out where or how to insert the repaired DSDT (i.e. the DSDT.aml file Intel's ASL compiler made)...

I have mostly been getting size warnings.

Thanks for any help, tips, etc. I'm quite willing to Do-It-Myself, but I feel like I'm snagged on the last couple of steps.

Thanks. Efforts like yours make OS X x86 possible for the rest of us.

If you are using the AMI tool to extract the 1b-SingleLink...., then this will work for you. If not, then you have to wait for me to get a package together with the tools. I also recommend using Winhex, it will make your life easier.

You are basically reinserting your compiled dsdt file back into the 1B file you extracted, without causing any changes to the file size. And since we are removing something, the new file should be smaller in size. You inject the file back into the original and then fill the remaining spaces with 0x00 (hex=00). (Q for Kabyl: Can we decrease the size of the dsdt section instead of filling it with 0x00?) If this does not work, then you might have to wait for the guide.

-DTsu

demonfox13x

demonfox13x

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Can someone please help and do the Lenovo Y510 IdeaPad. Attached is the bios.

Attached File  06CN29WW.ROM.zip   551.27KB   55 downloads

thanks

mcurran

mcurran

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Do not use the G1Sn BIOS kabyl or whoever created - I lost 3000 marks running a standard benchmark test w/ 3DMark06 - Yes, Kalyway installed perfectly after the patch, but when I went back to Vista and ran my gaming tests... YES -3K 3D marks!!!

mert kosova

mert kosova

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i have an asus p5ld2-x/1333 motherboard , intel c2d e4500 2.2ghz and ati hd2600 xt iceq turbo
i want to use leopard but i need a modified BIOS for working all cores and i hope you can help me
bios file is here:http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5LD2-X_1333/LD2X0206.zip
thanks

laryd2000

laryd2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello, Kabyl.
I've got MSI PR200 YA Edition with this configuration:

Processor & Cache Intel Core 2 Duo Processors (T5260)

Chipsets Intel GM965 Express Chipset

System Memory 2GB (DDR2 667)

LCD Display 12" WXGA ACV(Amazing Crystal Vision) Display

Graphics & Video Module UMA - Intel X3100

Audio SoundBlaster compatible

HDD 160GB (5400RPM)

Optical Drive DVD Super Multi/ Combo

Webcam 1.3M

Card Reader 4-in-1 Card Reader, SD/MMC/MS/MSpro

Communication Port Built-in Gigabit Ethernet LAN and Modem Module
Built-in 802.11n WLAN Card / Bluetooth Supported

I/O Port Graphics Card Output (15-pin, D-Sub) X 1
USB2.0 Port X 3
Mic-in Port X 1
Line-in Port x 1
Headphone Output X 1
Modem Port X 1
LAN Port X 1
PCI Express Card X 1
HDMI-out X 1

Can you please help me modifying the BIOS of my laptop. I am from Romania, and my english is very bad. But, if you can, please help me. Link to my BIOS is HERE.

Thank you very much !

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Thanks Kaybal i can now use my new CPU. Your a star! any news on tutorial on how to do it by yourself. Thanks once again!

Fully working no problems at all using mach now with my nice T8300 Intel CPU working!!! Hee hee.

artur911

artur911

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello Kabyl.

I'm repeating my question about modying bios for my notebook Asus F2F.
My 1st request was posted 2008.05.10. Is this possible or not?
Here again bios link for my NB:
http://support.asus....SLanguage=en-us

Thank's

Gradius

Gradius

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

you're not good with numbers, eh?
and no, you guessed wrong.

Doing search for username/login, the last post (not considering this one) was from 14 days ago, if this is wrong then blame the search engine, not me.

Gradius

Kabyl

Kabyl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 170 posts
my bad, oops

vani

vani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Vanilla!
I am using an Asrock ConRoe1333 DVI/H R2.0 with a Celeron 420 (1.6 GHz single core).

In ioreg, it shows up as CPU1-CPU4 (why?).

| +-o P001@1  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
| | +-o AppleACPICPU  <class AppleACPICPU, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
| |   +-o AppleACPICPUInterruptController  <class AppleACPICPUInterruptController, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| |   +-o ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin  <class ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
| +-o CPU1@1  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
| | +-o AppleACPICPU  <class AppleACPICPU, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
| +-o P002@2  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
| | +-o AppleACPICPU  <class AppleACPICPU, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
| +-o CPU2@2  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
| | +-o AppleACPICPU  <class AppleACPICPU, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
| +-o P003@3  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
| +-o CPU3@3  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
| +-o P004@4  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
| +-o CPU4@4  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
| +-o io-apic@fec00000  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
I have to use an old version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext, otherwise the CPUs show up as "busy" in ioreg and the boot is extremely(!) slow with messages such as

kextd[10] IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out waiting to write kernel symbols
kextd[10] writing kernel link data to /var/run/mach.sym
configd[14] InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce
configd[14] InterfaceNamer: Busy services :
configd[14] InterfaceNamer: To Be Filled By O.E.M. [1]
configd[14] InterfaceNamer: To Be Filled By O.E.M./AppleACPIPlatformExpert [3]
configd[14] InterfaceNamer: To Be Filled By O.E.M./AppleACPIPlatformExpert/P002@2 [1]
configd[14] InterfaceNamer: To Be Filled By O.E.M./AppleACPIPlatformExpert/P003@3 [1]
configd[14] InterfaceNamer: To Be Filled By O.E.M./AppleACPIPlatformExpert/P004@4 [1]
Would using your file ConRoe1333-DVIH(R2.0)(2.10) allow me to use the latest AppleACPIPlatform.kext without these errors?

And how risky is using a modified BIOS? (Has anyone successfully flashed the ConRoe1333-DVIH(R2.0)(2.10)?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy