HOW TO: sigmatel 9250 audio :TUTORIAL

Criminal37927

14 posts in this topic

I first want to say thanks to everyone out here for all your hard work. I myself know nothing about mac or linux but because of a few well written topics I have managed to get my hackintosh working.

System Specs:

Gateway MX6960

Core 2 Due 1.83

1GB ram

Broadcom wireless card

Sigmatel 9250 audio

GMA 950 chipset w/ QE support and Hardware acceleration

Kalyway 10.5.1 with Kalyway 10.5.2 update

Dual boot with XP

Again I did not to any of the work here I just wanted to do my part and help bring information together.

First, you need to get Taruga's AppleHA Patcher v1.20

-It comes as a .zip file. Double click it and it will unzip. You will see the frog icon logo.

Second, find you linux codec dump

- don't worry, I didn't understand this at first either. Using
link find the one that is appropiate for you. If you have the 9250 like myself the dump is included in this topic. This is nothing more than a text file. Feel free to open it and see if any of it makes sense.

Now drag the dump file onto the frog icon. This will open the patcher program. You will be prompted for you password. The rest is completely automated. It will take about 20-30 seconds. I small snippit of information will show up. My SPDIF in and out were not detected either.

It was that easy! just restart your system and your sound should be working. Upon my inital restart I though that it did not work because I did not hear any startup sounds(still used to vista) but I opened the sound option in the system preferences and clicked on a few of the sounds and low and behold they worked.

The microphone is also working!

Other issues:

The only issue I have is that I can not mute anything.

Still not working:

If it is still not working be sure you have the correct dump file. I used PC Wizard from CPUID to get the details about my motherboard. I ran the program under windows, I'm not sure if it will rund under OS X.

Be sure to thank Taruga who seems to have worked his ass off to get this to work

still doesnt work for me. i have a gateway MT6451 with sigmatel 9250 and i have tried all of taruga's patchers and all the sigmatel codec dumps (including my own) without success. ughh sound is the only thing i havent got working on this laptop (except for QE/CI of course)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Gateway NX510S Laptop

Running iDeneb v4i Leopard 10.5.4 fully updated to 10.5.5

Intel Core Solo 1.46

2GB Ram

Intel® 945PM Chipset with Integrated Graphics

Broadcomm Wireless Card

Sigmatel 9250 audio

Speakers:WORKING

Microphone: Not working.

At first dragging the .txt file onto the green icon (on the desktop / while running on the dock) didn't do anything. Just a blank window continuing to tell me to drag the .txt onto it.

So I ran the default OS X Software Update and updated everything 100%.

Now it reads out like it installed properly in the window. Then tells me it's updating caches. Reboots. Claims its installed and working. But no sound output through the speakers and no sound input through the mic. I do not have headphones available at the moment to test the headphone jack.

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20

* Patching AppleHDA.kext to 0x83847634 Done

* Checking AppleHDA for patch Done

0001f4a7 cmpl $0x83847634,%eax

0002058b cmpl $0x83847634,%eax

* Checking for SPDIF Out Not Detected

* Checking for SPDIF In Not Detected

* Using the following nodes in pathmap

Back Mic: 3 20 9 11

Speaker : 13 14 6 2

* Copying new config to destination Done

* Repairing Permissions Done

* Deleting Extensions Cache Done

** Done patching - You can reboot now **

EDIT

I just set the output device to "headphones" under System Preferences/Sound and its outputting to my speakers! w00t!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

I did the tutorial step by step, quite easy and reboot, and VOILA! it works like a charm

i have a Gateway MT6840 With a Sigmatel 9250 audio

built-in speakers works, they mute when i plug my headphones

Microphone works too

No mute possible

Thanks a thousand times Taruga, very appreciated, keep the good work

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

will taruga's patcher work with tiger? i have a gateway mx6453 running jas 10.4.8 i tried leopard and it was WAY to slow tiger is much snappier im using istumbler to overcome my broadcom issues, im using callisto 3 for high res. no sound. EVERYTHING else works... does anyone have an older copy ( 1.16 or earlier ) all the download links are not working.

or are there instructions on how to patch the applehda.kext manually? please help guys this is driving me bananas

• 6 months later...

I first want to say thanks to everyone out here for all your hard work. I myself know nothing about mac or linux but because of a few well written topics I have managed to get my hackintosh working.

System Specs:

Gateway MX6960

Core 2 Due 1.83

1GB ram

Broadcom wireless card

Sigmatel 9250 audio

GMA 950 chipset w/ QE support and Hardware acceleration

Kalyway 10.5.1 with Kalyway 10.5.2 update

Dual boot with XP

Again I did not to any of the work here I just wanted to do my part and help bring information together.

First, you need to get Taruga's AppleHA Patcher v1.20

-It comes as a .zip file. Double click it and it will unzip. You will see the frog icon logo.

Second, find you linux codec dump

- don't worry, I didn't understand this at first either. Using
link find the one that is appropiate for you. If you have the 9250 like myself the dump is included in this topic. This is nothing more than a text file. Feel free to open it and see if any of it makes sense.

Now drag the dump file onto the frog icon. This will open the patcher program. You will be prompted for you password. The rest is completely automated. It will take about 20-30 seconds. I small snippit of information will show up. My SPDIF in and out were not detected either.

It was that easy! just restart your system and your sound should be working. Upon my inital restart I though that it did not work because I did not hear any startup sounds(still used to vista) but I opened the sound option in the system preferences and clicked on a few of the sounds and low and behold they worked.

The microphone is also working!

Other issues:

The only issue I have is that I can not mute anything.

Still not working:

If it is still not working be sure you have the correct dump file. I used PC Wizard from CPUID to get the details about my motherboard. I ran the program under windows, I'm not sure if it will rund under OS X.

Be sure to thank Taruga who seems to have worked his ass off to get this to work

Yes. Gateway M465-E . Worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch. Maybe you have a suggestion about updating from IPC 10.5.6 to a later version.. I have been searching for a couple min.. Maybe I will find something before that. feel free to PM me or post back. thanks.