Worst Thing about Macs

Thao

78 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
I find that my iMac Core 2 Duo is much faster than the Dual-Core Pentiums that I have at school.

Well, duh? It's like saying my Core 2 Duo laptop is TONS faster than my P4 desktop.

On a side note, my laptop xbenches higher in MOST categories than similar spec'ed MacBook Pro's. The only thing keeping my HackBookPro from xbenching higher overall is Random HD uncached writes and the 8600GS gfx instead of 8600GT. The 8600GS still holds out well in benchmarks though.

That said, I agree with everything in the article. The reason I hate Apple is because of the hype and religious activities built around their products... simply ridiculous. I don't see myself buying ANY Apple computer (iTouch looks inviting, but it is damn expensive) for that sole reason, plus the overpricing.

To apple fanboys who fire comments about their iMacs looking better than PCs... I'm sorry but I value performance/dollar much higher than how pretty the case looks. Last I checked, a $2700 MBP was equivalent to $1600 of a PC laptop, and a $900 dekstop had a Q6600 and 22" screen (this was back in December, it's even cheaper now) while the $1500 iMac had a 2.4Ghz C2D and a 22" screen.

I like Hackintoshes because I can customize what I want in my computer, and not be bound by such restrictions in hardware, cosmetics, and religion. Yes, I said cosmetics, because I can't seem to find any Macs with shiny silver mirror cases, or anything with LED lighting, which IMO looks much better.

While I do believe that some macs are priced pretty good like the new Imac, and Macpro, I don't like the prices of the other macs. Like the Mac Mini? Are you kidding me? Yes, the mac mini is about the same price as a midranged laptop, however no screen, keyboard, mouse, nothing but the computer and the power plug. Macbook is not a terrible price, but for what's inside of it it shouldn't be that much. Same with the Macbook PRO(Unless they decided to throw in the Core 2 extreme mobile)