ATI Mobility Radeon X2300 now WORKS CI/QE !

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

tqtyygtwwx

tqtyygtwwx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
So good~ :censored2: I am Chinese , I all want X2300, but not complete job, your foreigner has been very abstruse , foreign language has been not good , many have not cleared

我是中国人

tqtyygtwwx

tqtyygtwwx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
hey~friend,I already attempt... ;) it's not good,

If have person achieving coming untied completely

have some one x2300 can be fully work?

wotobo

wotobo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Wotobo, did u get ur card running in 1280 x 800?
I managed to get CI/QE working but the resolution is killing me, i didn't buy a widescreen to work with 1024/768 :P

Never,I even can't drive my sound card and network card,I've tried many times ,but problems exist quite a lot still, the Apple is torturing me............ :(

GTOnizuka

GTOnizuka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

hey~friend,I already attempt... :wallbash: it's not good,

If have person achieving coming untied completely

have some one x2300 can be fully work?

Hey man, look at yourself because this version works FULLY, only the resolution is the problem, but i think that getting CI/QE working either @ 1024x768 is still good than having only software mode, didn't think that? Read carefully before talking...

sinnsyk

sinnsyk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
still, the resolution doesn;t work, so it's not a FULLY working kext, it's an QE/CI Enabling .kext :D

i hate this stupid card, i need widescreen :D wish i could program this myself or just replace my videocard with a better one... :S

GTOnizuka

GTOnizuka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Someone who like to try, test if X2300 is working with this natit: http://www.mediafire.com/?taajnazpvsm

pere

pere

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Someone who like to try, test if X2300 is working with this natit: http://www.mediafire.com/?taajnazpvsm

Required dictionaries dont find <--- response from natit on loading.

My system:
10.5.2 Vanilla kernel

I think we will have to study whether the framebuffer from our x2300 belongs to the x2xxx family or not before make any change to that natit, but i dont know where to start looking for this, anyone knows?.

seal212

seal212

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi all,
my girlfriend has a laptop Sony Vaio VGN-CR11Z with a Ati Mobility Radeon X2300 (Device ID: 0x718a); after the last graphic update, following this guide http://forum.insanel...showtopic=69345 (thank to MacMan2007) and now I've CI and QE enabled :(

Those are my steps:

- installed Iatkos 1.0r2
- updated with 10.5.2 (thanks to netkas.org's instructions)
- graphic update (from Software Update).
- edit /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist
- replace the existing 0x71871002 with 0x718A1002
- with the program 0xED edit file /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX1000
- Find: 8771 | Replace: 8A71 | Search Type: Hex, then hit Replace All. (should replace 2 incidences)
- Reboot with flag -f

and now IT WORKS!!!!!!! (For a more detailed instructions follow MacMan2007 guide ...)

However, you cannot change resolution from System Preferences,

but you must add those lines to your /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1280x800x32"</string>

I've also some mouse tearing, but now I can watch my dvd ... :D

hi,newentry79
I got the same problem like urs,but i didn`t find any graphic updata in my leopard 10.5.2,can you give me a copy of ur ATIRadeonX1000.kext thank u very much!!

GTOnizuka

GTOnizuka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

hi,newentry79
I got the same problem like urs,but i didn`t find any graphic updata in my leopard 10.5.2,can you give me a copy of ur ATIRadeonX1000.kext thank u very much!!

If you would like to try mine, it's the same...

seal212

seal212

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If you would like to try mine, it's the same...

Great! That`s very kind of u ^_^ Did u get ur X2300 work with 1280*800?

GTOnizuka

GTOnizuka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Great! That`s very kind of u :D Did u get ur X2300 work with 1280*800?

Np man ^^ Nope because i've got an ASUS laptop, not a Sony one...but if you have the last one you'll get working 1280x800. But i don't know if this is caused by model laptop of leopard distro i've tryied it with (i've used Zepyroth's one).

Anyway, put my kext and edit the info into boot plist and try ^^ it's the only way to see if it function ^_^

seal212

seal212

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Np man ^^ Nope because i've got an ASUS laptop, not a Sony one...but if you have the last one you'll get working 1280x800. But i don't know if this is caused by model laptop of leopard distro i've tryied it with (i've used Zepyroth's one).

Anyway, put my kext and edit the info into boot plist and try ^^ it's the only way to see if it function :)

I got ASUS TOO It`s F3JR.Let me try ur kext please

GTOnizuka

GTOnizuka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Simply go here, mine is F3Ke, let us know what did you get :wacko: Post any (also insignificant) information please.

lisper

lisper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I got ASUS TOO It`s F3JR.Let me try ur kext please

F3JR works as described for other notebooks with the same hardware : Vista + OSX 10.52 , full hardware acceleration, mouse tearings , fixed resolution , no sound , no wifi , good ethernet and usb but you have to reboot to sense the cable and the usb device (no hot swap).
Will buy a Delkin USB wifi dongle and will search for a solution to the sound problem.

regards

tqtyygtwwx

tqtyygtwwx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hey man, look at yourself because this version works FULLY, only the resolution is the problem, but i think that getting CI/QE working either @ 1024x768 is still good than having only software mode, didn't think that? Read carefully before talking...

thank you,~~You said I had looked ...but I English is so bad,,,If has the mistake, invites the excuse me

everybody know,CI/QE is Support,the OS X can be works good than the software mode,,,,

you are so good...My English too is bad, very many all cannot express

GTOnizuka

GTOnizuka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

thank you,~~You said I had looked ...but I English is so bad,,,If has the mistake, invites the excuse me

everybody know,CI/QE is Support,the OS X can be works good than the software mode,,,,

you are so good...My English too is bad, very many all cannot express

No problem man...we're a community, and what's new into harder area like that are all welcome and fully enjoyed (also if it makes a stupid thing) :blink:

GTOnizuka

GTOnizuka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Hey people i've tryed to study Natit auto kext and now i've made a modification to it to work with our card. But could anyone try if it works? I'm posting it here, please try it and tell me all problems that you've had. Thanks for collaborating.

Attached Files

pere

pere

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Hey people i've tryed to study Natit auto kext and now i've made a modification to it to work with our card. But could anyone try if it works? I'm posting it here, please try it and tell me all problems that you've had. Thanks for collaborating.

Does it work for you?.
Wich kind of modifications have you done?.
Will try it and post results.

REPORT:
Black screen, frozen on reboot.

GTOnizuka

GTOnizuka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Thank you very much, i've tryed to add compatibility emulating the X1450...but i was wrong. Thank you anyway for trying it, will continue to study much it. Anyway sorry but i can't try it because of my school and for now i need windows to work on, but after i'll finish i'll try this things for myself. Sorry if i'm causing troubles to your OSes.

P.S.: Which is the version of your OSX? Have you installed graphic update? And did you put our X1000 modded kext?

tqtyygtwwx

tqtyygtwwx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
GTOnizuka!!!!!

help ~~like this ,my friend is ASUS F3JR,he graphic card is x2300...and ,i Has opened QE/CI by this method,,,but,,,the resolution only 1024x768

Even if in com.apple.boot.plist add key>Graphics Mode</key> <string>"1280x800x32"</string> reboot...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy