Install Guide For Dell Latitude D630 and D830

roneil4

957 posts in this topic

so the D630 i installed iATKOS on was a work laptop i wanted to experiment with.

The D630 i installed iATKOS on had the bluetooth module and it all worked, i was able to sync up a bluetooth mouse and use it.

and thank you roneil4, if i buy a D630 for myself i will definitely get one with the dell wireless or get 1 on ebay.

another question tho - does the nvs 135m work fine with the newest nvinject?

is it hard to get it running during iATKOS install?

easier install than the x3100? better performance? worth the $70 upgrade?

thanks

The nvs 135m does have a few problems, but it works with full acceleration. In my opinion, it is not worth the upgrade, because you will lose vista aero support. The aero ui will probably be included in many future versions of windows, so that could be important. It should have better performance under OS X though.

SONY_SZ43 can sleep use Sleep_Fix??

It may be able to. If it doesn't work, you won't get a kernel panic or anything, so you have nothing to lose by trying it.

update:I tried the 10.5.2 that was suggested here, first i tried the update, first it froze at around 50% reboot gave an error Mac OS version:Not yet setKernel version:Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: (date) made by ToH ......then I tried the 10.5.2 install disk same error didn't even get to the install screenI then tried the 10.5.2 install on a D620, it installed first try however video was really choppy, no network, os very slow.so i imaged the harddrive to the d630 and now this is what

Dell D630(Installed leo4all)()

* Intel Core2 Duo T7300 (2.0GHz) (working)

* 2GB DDR-2 667MHz (working)

* Nvidia 135 (working)

* Docking Station (working)

* Duel Monitors (working)

* Sigmatel STAC9205 sound (not working)

* sata 80GB (working)

* DVD+-RW TSSTcorp TS-L632D (working)

* Intel ICH8 (working)

* RICOH OHCI Compliant IEE 1394 Controller (working)

* Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR (working)

* Conexant Modem (not working)

* Broadcom 10/100 Integrated Controller (not working)

* Intel Wireless WiFi 360 intregrated bluetooth (working)

* Internal USB Slots (working)

* Onboard Keyboard and Joystick (working)

* Power Managment (not sure)

The two things I really need to get working is the sound and modem, before I can say goodbye to windows, broadcom working would be a bonus......

does anyone know how to get by Mac OS version:Not yet set error. when doing a 10.5.2 leo4all installyeah i can get it to work by imaging from a differnet system problem is that takes over 2hours

On my D630, I think the modem is supported out of the box, but I haven't tried it yet. Attached is a screenshot of my modem screen. Also, you can't install 10.5.2 without doing anything else. Go here for a guide on installing 10.5.2: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87078 . Beforehand, you need to back up your appleacpiplatform, and reinstall it later from the terminal of your os x install disk (not very easy). You will lose support for your keyboard and mouse if you don't do this. You can also use Kalyway's updater, located on the bay. Using that updater requires no modification. As for sound, install support for that using the instructions in the guide.

Hi !

I have also a d830 for few days.

Nvidea works very well --> TNX !

PCMCIA also fine --> Tnx again :-)

Sound doesn´t work here ??!!

I got the Frog in the dock, but when i drag the txt file on the Frog nothing happens ???

Any help ?

linux 150

Don't put the frog icon in the dock, open the folder where the frog application is in finder, and drag the text file on top of it in finder.

post-115409-1206933677_thumb.png

Don't put the frog icon in the dock, open the folder where the frog application is in finder, and drag the text file on top of it in finder.

Hi !

I thought i did try this also before, but it didnt work. Now tried again and works fine.

Sound works 100 % OK !!

Next i should fix WLAN ! I see in your screenshot your Wlan is working. How did you fix this ?

greetings

linux150

I dont understand how this isnt working for me but ive tried about 8 different versions and nothing works.

leo 4 all simply panics.

and tha Kally cd boot up to the grey apple screen with the spinner and then sits. for ever. never proceeds beyond that.

does anyone have a version that will work with a d830?

thanks

Hi !

I thought i did try this also before, but it didnt work. Now tried again and works fine.

Sound works 100 % OK !!

Next i should fix WLAN ! I see in your screenshot your Wlan is working. How did you fix this ?

greetings

linux150

You need one of the dell wireless cards for it to work. You probably have the intel wireless.

I dont understand how this isnt working for me but ive tried about 8 different versions and nothing works.

leo 4 all simply panics.

and tha Kally cd boot up to the grey apple screen with the spinner and then sits. for ever. never proceeds beyond that.

does anyone have a version that will work with a d830?

thanks

What graphics card do you have?

You need one of the dell wireless cards for it to work. You probably have the intel wireless.

What graphics card do you have?

intel. :rolleyes:

i can get it do a full install with leo4all but i get kernel panic on reboot. and a cant go into -s

the kally install just hangs at the apple with the spinner after boot. wont let me install or anything.

Now, to get your battery meter partially working (it will only tell you percent charge left) in kalyway follow all of the steps below. The battery meter should work out of the box on iATKOS. Download the attached zip file, named powermanagement.bundle.zip. Now unzip it. From the root of your leopard install partition, open the folder system, then library, then systemconfiguration. Drag the file powermanagement.bundle onto the trash icon in the dock. Now drag the powermanagement.bundle you unzipped earlier into the systemconfiguration folder. Now open terminal, and type "sudo diskutil repairPermissions /" then enter, then enter your root password, then press enter. Once this process is complete, reboot your system. To set your system to show the icon all the time, go to energy saver in the system preferences app, and click options, then select "show battery status in menu bar".

Try this..

it`s works for me showing the time or percentage in D600 with Kalyway leo.PowerManagement.tar.gz

intel. :)

i can get it do a full install with leo4all but i get kernel panic on reboot. and a cant go into -s

the kally install just hangs at the apple with the spinner after boot. wont let me install or anything.

With Kalyway, did you use the vanilla option? (type "vanilla" at prompt)

Try this..

it`s works for me showing the time or percentage in D600 with Kalyway leo.PowerManagement.tar.gz

I'll try this soon. Thanks!

update:I tried the 10.5.2 that was suggested here, first i tried the update, first it froze at around 50% reboot gave an error Mac OS version:Not yet setKernel version:Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: (date) made by ToH ......then I tried the 10.5.2 install disk same error didn't even get to the install screenI then tried the 10.5.2 install on a D620, it installed first try however video was really choppy, no network, os very slow.so i imaged the harddrive to the d630 and now this is what

Dell D630(Installed leo4all)()

* Intel Core2 Duo T7300 (2.0GHz) (working)

* 2GB DDR-2 667MHz (working)

* Nvidia 135 (working)

* Docking Station (working)

* Duel Monitors (working)

* Sigmatel STAC9205 sound (not working)

* sata 80GB (working)

* DVD+-RW TSSTcorp TS-L632D (working)

* Intel ICH8 (working)

* RICOH OHCI Compliant IEE 1394 Controller (working)

* Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR (working)

* Conexant Modem (not working)

* Broadcom 10/100 Integrated Controller (not working)

* Intel Wireless WiFi 360 intregrated bluetooth (working)

* Internal USB Slots (working)

* Onboard Keyboard and Joystick (working)

* Power Managment (not sure)

The two things I really need to get working is the sound and modem, before I can say goodbye to windows, broadcom working would be a bonus......

does anyone know how to get by Mac OS version:Not yet set error. when doing a 10.5.2 leo4all installyeah i can get it to work by imaging from a differnet system problem is that takes over 2hours

Can you run both CPU Cores, or do you use the CPUS=1 switch?

/Jorevf

Can you run both CPU Cores, or do you use the CPUS=1 switch?/Jorevf
I didn't run that switch on install, and under cpu in the activity monitor I do see two cpu usage indicators.
I dont understand how this isnt working for me but ive tried about 8 different versions and nothing works.leo 4 all simply panics.and tha Kally cd boot up to the grey apple screen with the spinner and then sits. for ever. never proceeds beyond that.does anyone have a version that will work with a d830?thanks
The way I got leo4all to work on my D630 was to install it on a d620 then image or move the harddrive to the d630. select the sse2/sse3 kernel and the only problems I have with this kernel is the sound and modem, the vanilla sse3 kernel installs but I have all kinds of problems or pieces that won't work.

Just an FYI:

Xbench results for

D630, 2GHz Centrino Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2, GMA X3100, 80GB SATA running iATKOS vanilla 10.5.1

CPU: 69.43

Thread: 114.29

Memory: 116.19

Quartz: 109.39

OpenGL: 12.72

UI: 133.31

Disk: 44.30

Result: 46.80

Hello People,

Ok, I'm trying to install Kalyway to my new D630. Booting on the DVD, getting the invitation to load the Installation process.... and then the "You need to restart you computer. Blah blah blah" message.

I've tried everything (dual and Unicore, ATA to AHCI, etc etc) and still nothing...

The few time that it passes this stage, I have the apple logo and the little turning circle at the bottom... endlessly looping

I'm a complete noob in that field, but I'ld like to learn :D Car someone please help?

Thanks

@Silastar:

What install DVD are you using?

Retail, Kalyway, iATKOS?

Keep your BIOS settings to: Dual core and set your hard drives to AHCI.

When it boots from the CD press the F8 key when it prompts to input boot options.

type "-v" (without quotes) - this will boot with verbose mode showing you what's going on behind the apple loading screen.

and finally it will show you what it is throwing a kernel panic about.

I had the same problem with kalyway - no matter what options i threw at it. I'd suggest using iATKOS for the D630 worked fine with vanilla mbr efi.

Hi roneil4,

Many Thanks !! By going thro you guide, most the things working as expected.

I would like to seek for you advice on how to get my wireless working ...

I am installing thro Kalyway 10.5.1

I am using a A08 bios. By checking the device info thro bios:-

Wi-Fi Device = Intel Wireless

Cellular Device = None

Bluetooth Device = None

Am I running Dell Wireless 1390, 1490, or 1500?

I had verified the result on installing the PCMCIA procedure, the PCI configuration changing and O2Micro OZ711EZ1 shown on the grep. Does this part related to the wireless OR it should work out of the box?

Thanks again on this great work!

Henry.

I have the following system:

d630

4 Gigs Ram

Nvidia Quadro 135m

I installed the iatkos base system vanilla kernel with the efi boot emulation. However, every few hours or so my computer locks up. It doesnt shut off the screen just hangs. Anyone else experience this? How can I fix it?

Help with Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M?

Hi. I have a Dell D630 with a Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M with iATKOS 10.5.1 installed. I have having some problems trying to get Leopard to recognize by Nvidia Quadro card. I have installed the NVinstaller v41, but no luck. I have upgraded to 10.5.2 and reinstalled the NVinsatller v41. Still no luck. Does anyone have this card working "fully" in Leopard with QE/CI support ?

@Silastar:

What install DVD are you using?

Retail, Kalyway, iATKOS?

Keep your BIOS settings to: Dual core and set your hard drives to AHCI.

When it boots from the CD press the F8 key when it prompts to input boot options.

type "-v" (without quotes) - this will boot with verbose mode showing you what's going on behind the apple loading screen.

and finally it will show you what it is throwing a kernel panic about.

I had the same problem with kalyway - no matter what options i threw at it. I'd suggest using iATKOS for the D630 worked fine with vanilla mbr efi.

Ok, thanks for your answers. I've got Iatkos now, trying to install it. I can install the whole thing, but when rebooting, it shows me a blinking underscore... and nothing else... So, I've tried to set the partition as active (as per shown in the first tutorial on this topic) but still the same thing...

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I have the following system:

d630

4 Gigs Ram

Nvidia Quadro 135m

I installed the iatkos base system vanilla kernel with the efi boot emulation. However, every few hours or so my computer locks up. It doesnt shut off the screen just hangs. Anyone else experience this? How can I fix it?

Help with Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M?

Hi. I have a Dell D630 with a Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M with iATKOS 10.5.1 installed. I have having some problems trying to get Leopard to recognize by Nvidia Quadro card. I have installed the NVinstaller v41, but no luck. I have upgraded to 10.5.2 and reinstalled the NVinsatller v41. Still no luck. Does anyone have this card working "fully" in Leopard with QE/CI support ?

Many people have problems with this card in general. I'm sorry I can't help more, because I don't know much about this card. Try looking around on this forum for other nvidia quadro users. If you go to google, you can search something, then add "site:insanelymac.com" . The search utility on this website is not very good, so you can use google instead. Here is an example: "nvidia quadro nvs 135m site:insanelymac.com".

Ok, thanks for your answers. I've got Iatkos now, trying to install it. I can install the whole thing, but when rebooting, it shows me a blinking underscore... and nothing else... So, I've tried to set the partition as active (as per shown in the first tutorial on this topic) but still the same thing...

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

You could try using the gparted boot cd. That is how I originally fixed the problem. You can find the download here: http://gparted-livecd.tuxfamily.org/ . You should download the live cd, not the live cd with clonezilla. Burn the iso downloaded to a cd, and boot from it. Once it is booted, the partition manager should open. In the partition manager, right click the partition you installed os x on, and select manage flags. On the boot flag, uncheck and recheck it. Then reboot.

Thanks for your help.

I tried this, still the blinking underscore and nothing.. .Maybe I did something wrong at the installation?

O nthe new iAtkos, I've selected:

- Darwin X86 Bootloader

- Darwin EFI (complete)

- SSE2 SSE3 Kernel

- Remove Thermal Kext

- Intel VGA driver (the one that the D630 has)

- SATA and AppleSMBIOS.kext Netkas

- Network Drivers for NIC and Wireless

Installation completes, reboots... and bam, Underscore, blinking, forever and ever.

Again, sorry if the answer to this problem is obvious, but I am a complete noob in this, I just started to get interested in this project and I'm really hoping to learn

Nice guide!

But of course I have problem!

When I run the install dvd it boots to a certain point and stops. After running the -v switch I see that the problem is this:

panic (cpu0 caller 0x00402EB5): 'ACPIAcpiOsFree"@/volumes/disk1s2/leo/...../kernel/IOLib.cpp:724

anyone have an idea what this can be?

cheers,

nr91