5 replies to this topic

RouteZeroDesign

RouteZeroDesign

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi guys,
I have just downloaded Aperture 1.5 from limewire. It says that it was downloaded from demonoid.com and is from a guy called "geekman"
Firstly, im not somebody who tries to get something for nothing, but ive just payed put for a copy of Adobe creative suite and i cant justify paying another 300 for Aperture, when in all likelihood i will use photoshop most often.

The problem im having with Aperture is that it wont launch, almost as if it launches and then something tells it to quit almost instantly!
I then placed the icon in the dock, and when i click on it, the triangle flashes up and then disappears again. I have used activity monitor to see if there were any applications running that i didnt recognise but i couldnt see anything out of the norm, apart from an activity spike when i click on aperture.

Does anybody have any suggestions or fixes for my problem?

BTW: im running mac osx 10.4.11 on a 2ghz macbook.

Cheers in Advance

-ZERO-

Colonel

Colonel

11 Herbs & Spices

• Retired
  • 4,157 posts
Go buy Aperture. :)

RouteZeroDesign

RouteZeroDesign

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Not really an option, im broke after buying xmas presents for Family and friends. Then An iphone,a Canon EOS 350D,Adobe CS and RAM for me.

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

socal swimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:swim, learning, computers
does it give you an error report (this crashed do you want to send a report)?

I have been getting that with iDVD and iMovie. grr.

I read the report (part of a it), and it says that it quit because there was already another version of itself open. wtf?

this is on my hackintosh (see sig)

RouteZeroDesign

RouteZeroDesign

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
UPDATE= I downloaded a second torrent of Aperture off limewire which was only 68 megabytes
It installed with a bit of tinkering to the contents and it launches fine. However it is only version 1.0 of aperture. It launches and all that jazz but when i try to do anything with it, such as import photos, i cant access the photos!

It has created a project with photos, "supposedly" in it but i either dont know how to view the photos or the software is missing something as none of the phantom photos come up on the screen

Any ideas?

Hagar

Hagar

Project Dogsbody

• Administrators
  • 2,352 posts
We don't support piracy here. closed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy