XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel

BlackCH

321 posts in this topic

Finally, here is the goodone. Permission bug present in the previous 10.4.11 ISO posted at M.N. (do not download that one) is fixed...

Added the requested ICH9 support, ALC889a audio, and fix minor bugs here and there...

Test on SSE2: YOU STILL NEED TO USE THE 8.9.1 KERNEL (included) ON SSE2 MACHINES!!!... but maybe sse2 users can find another working combination by themselves.

Repacked: 1.5 GB, compressed

is on TPB

This installer is based on the XxX 10.4.10 release.

It includes all the drivers, fixes and PPFs plus the following new features:

-Apple 10.4.11 combo update; as optional choice, so you can still install 10.4.10 if you wish.

-EFI patches by Netkas & ToH. With this patches and the right hardware you will be able to run unmodifyed Apple's stock kernels and most of the original kexts. More info at Netkas.org. Also allow you to use GUID partitions (original intel mac's partition scheme).

-A few more drivers; G80 (nv8800), NVInject, NVInjectGo, ALC880/850, Yukon 88E8053, etc.

bugs fixes and new drivers additions will be handled by PPFs. Report working/not working/any issues together with your full system specs. If you have a driver for your hardware which is not included in this release contact me...I'll put it in the next PPF.

Please, do not ask me which drivers you must install for you system. First of all I would only be shure of it if I would have the same computer as you have; As most of you will imagine, I dont own a TestBench to test all the hardware. Second, dont be lazy; at least try a few times to install/search/google before ask. It would take at least a couple of re-installing until you find the right combination for your system. I'll add some 'base-generic-known-working' combinations soon here in the first post. Also be aware that you must have compatible hardware to run this; preferible Intel chipset/Intel CPU SSE3/1024 ram/supported ATI or NVidia card/ etc. Do not dream that you 5 year old p4 will do because it might not.... So if you really want/need OSX invest a little money to build a compatible system; since you're not buying 'the real thing'...

The following are tested/working install choices combinations. Still might not work with your system but it worth to use them as starting point. Since these are 'base' installations you have to add drivers for your sound, graphics, network, etc on top. The Apple Combo 10.4.11 Update is always an optional item; if you dont select it you will get a 10.4.10 installation. In the RecommendePatches menu the option 'CPUPowerManagement.kext_remover' is for using on NO-HPET systems. If your machine support HPET do not select this option. One last thing: read the documentation.

Base SSE2 install: (8.9.1 kernel, no EFI supported)

-Apple Combo 10.4.11 Update (optional)

from 'Kernel and Kexts' menu:

-no-EFI kexts (all 4 items)

-8.9.1 Kernel Universal + Patches (all 3 items)

-RecommendedPatches (all 5 items)

Base SSE3 install - NO EFI: (8.10.1 kernel)

-8.10.1 Intel SSE3 (2 items). 8.11.1 no-EFI can be used instead. Might need to boot with '-legacy' flag.

-no-EFI kexts (all 4 items)

Base SSE3 install - EFI: (8.10.1 kernel)

from 'PC EFI Bootloaders' menu:

-efi_v8 (MBR or GUID). you must format your disk in accordance!

-8.10.1 Intel SSE3 (2 items). 8.11.1 can be used instead. Might need to boot with '-legacy' flag.

-no-EFI kexts (only AppleSMBIOS.kext.Netkas)

Base SSE3 install Vanilla - EFI: (stock 8.10.1 / 8.11.1 Vanilla kernel. Only for Intel C2D and Intel chipsets HPET boards)

-Apple Combo 10.4.11 Update

from 'PC EFI Bootloaders' menu:

-efi_v8 (MBR or GUID). you must format your disk in accordance!

-no-EFI kexts (in some cases AppleSMBIOS.kext.Netkas and AppleACPIPlatform)

-RecommendedPatches (PS2Controller, DictionaryFix, Verbose)

From Optional kernel

-dsmos.kext

PPF1 upped at TPB.

It adds the following drivers/patches: NVInject 2.1, IONetworkingFamily.kext patched for MAYA,

IOPCCardFamily supporting PCMCIA/CardBus on laptops, CMI8738PCI Audio driver, ALC888/883 3

ports driver, Intel iwi2200/2915 wireless driver and CoreDuoTempMeter. Also it fixes some 'case

sensitive' bugs on packages paths and, most important, adds a new menu: 'Base.Install.Combos'. This option is meant for those people who dont know which packs to pick. By checking one of the combo option you will install

kernel and necessary system patches (based on the combinations above) all at once. Notice that you must add to the 'base install' drivers for your graphic, audio, network, etc.

picture1oe9.th.png

This PPF works ONLY on the XxX OS x86 10.4.11 Install Disc Rev 1.0 ISO image, upped at The

Pirate Bay on 12-14-2007 (md5:6484E2DE2262E04629B036A4FCD29E06).

By request I've made a PPF2 to fix the booting problem on ICH9 chipset.

At TPB

people who already have the image could test it. Is reported working. The bug happens when partitioning/eraseing your diskutility. It wont let you rename your disk. This is a permission issue. I dont know what other side effects could have....

some have reported succesfull installations, everything working out of the box.

Anyway, Im working on a fixed ISO (I added ICH9 and ALC889a support). Is almost ready. Im doing some testings now. It will be up soon.

Please have in mind that I can not test every included driver...

people who already have the image could test it. Is reported working. The bug happens when partitioning/eraseing your diskutility. It wont let you rename your disk. This is a permission issue. I dont know what other side effects could have....

some have reported succesfull installations, everything working out of the box.

Anyway, Im working on a fixed ISO (I added ICH9 and ALC889a support). Is almost ready. Im doing some testings now. It will be up soon.

Please have in mind that I can not test every included driver...

YES for the bug, I can't rename my two partition

But after reboot all works for my Hackintosh, better then Leopard ... 7300GT With QE/CI, ROTATION 100 %, Sound OK, Ethernet OK

Only one little problem : 50 % French only ...

But very good work, Men !

hi BlackCH,

I installed XxX 10.4.10 in a new harddisk but it can't boot itself, it said MBR bootloader error and somthing like that.

What it need to boot into that harddisk is plug in another harddisk with vista installed, boot into vista and add a boot entry using EasyBCD.

Then I can dualboot into either vista or OSX.

But what I want is boot into OSX without the vista hard drive.

Auy suggestions?

Thank you

How to boot without VERBOSE MODE ?

How to come back to standard Mode ?

Thank's

Edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist ?

If -v is present in "Kernel Flags", remove it.

Looking forward to trying this release :rolleyes: Does it have a hacked 10.4.11 kernel then?

I bunged up my 10.4.9 system while messing with Leopard on another partition, so I had to do a fresh install - this 10.4.11 that I got works GREAT! I've got a 3 GB Asrock Conroe945G-DVI system using the GMA950 graphics. I'm running the EFI 8 setup on MBR partition. The only problems I've had are - Final Cut Pro crashed when loading. I got around this by loading the AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext from the hacked 10.4.9 I had (JaS GMA950.dmg, I think, from JaS 10.4.8), and it works great - without the AIIFB.kext, I couldn't change resolutions and had to force a resolution in the boot.plist. If I installed the FULL GMA950.pkg, I got weird text rendering in Safari, etc...

Can't sleep - bummer - but I'm not really sleeping the machine much these days anyway....

Thanks for the great image! Now, if you can make one like this for Leopard.... :-) I've gotten Leopard 98% stable, but not 100% there yet (FCP & others crash)

-Dan

WHY ONLY 0.997 Avail??????

Are we going to waste our time again to get there and then NOT getting any further?!

Sticman

Finally, here is the goodone. Permission bug present in the previous 10.4.11 ISO posted at M.N. (do not download that one) is fixed...

Added the requested ICH9 support, ALC889a audio, and fix minor bugs here and there...

Test on SSE2: YOU STILL NEED TO USE THE 8.9.1 KERNEL (included) ON SSE2 MACHINES!!!... but maybe sse2 users can find another working combination by themselves.

Repacked for saving some MB downloads (1.5 GB compressed)

is on TPB

This installer is based on the XxX 10.4.10 release.

It includes all the drivers, fixes and PPFs plus the following new features:

-Apple 10.4.11 combo update; as optional choice, so you can still install 10.4.10 if you wish.

-EFI patches by Netkas & ToH. With this patches and the right hardware you will be able to run

unmodifyed Apple's stock kernels and most of the original kexts. More info at Netkas.org. Also allow you

to use GUID partitions (original intel mac's partition scheme).

-A few more drivers; G80 (nv8x00), NVInject, NVInjectGo, ALC880/850, Yukon 88E8053, etc.

i dont need it!!(check signature)

I just HATE it when things get downloaded to NEARLY finished and the you get stuck due to someone not seeding the thing 100% in the first place!!

SticMAN

Sticman, you had better make your osx86 dvd for yourself.