hd2400 + leopard

mosol

57 posts in this topic

OK, so I installed Triakis and added my device-id.

I can change my resolution (and off topic it looks great in 1920x1200 !).

The only problem is that QE is 'not supported' and CI is 'software'.

What did I do wrong ?

I have the Kalyway 10.5.1 installed without extra drivers.

Did I have to install the X2000 drivers that came with the Kalyway-DVD ?

*edit*: I can see that the Triakis driver is loaded in the extensions, but don't see the ATIRadeonX2000.kext loaded ... is that normal ?

*edit2*: Manually loaded the ATIRadeonX2000.kext and QE, CI and rotation are working perfectly !

I have a Radeon HD2400 pro

OK, so I installed Triakis and added my device-id.

I can change my resolution (and off topic it looks great in 1920x1200 !).

The only problem is that QE is 'not supported' and CI is 'software'.

What did I do wrong ?

I have the Kalyway 10.5.1 installed without extra drivers.

Did I have to install the X2000 drivers that came with the Kalyway-DVD ?

*edit*: I can see that the Triakis driver is loaded in the extensions, but don't see the ATIRadeonX2000.kext loaded ... is that normal ?

*edit2*: Manually loaded the ATIRadeonX2000.kext and QE, CI and rotation are working perfectly !

I have a Radeon HD2400 pro

Nullius, I had the same problem. After I added the 0x94c31002 to the Info.plist, removed the Extensions.kext file and reboot with '-f'. Nothing happened.

Then I removed the cache file again, and use "kextcache -k xxxxxx" to regen the cache, and reboot, it worked.

Hope this helps.

But I will not use this card anyway. Just a test.

Hi AWoods, my installation is almost as identical as yours. But my Triakis isn't working so well. My card is an ATIHD2400 Pro. Both DVI and the VGA output work but I am stuck with only one resolution (1024x768) in mirror mode with nothing else to change to. In the Graphics/Displays, CI says Software and QE is Not Supported.

And I also noticed something funny, when I try to do a kextload -t ATINDRV.kext, I get this:

can't add kernel extension ATINDRV.kext (not a bundle)....

Does yours do that? Thanks.

Hi, Sorry that I didn't reply - was away from a while...

I didn't really do anything apart from changing the ID and reboot. I got exactly as what you get when I used the vanila kernal.

I don't really understand why because some gurus are saying that this is impossible. I guess its pure luck and I cant explain why it worked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I take it this Triakis driver bundle does NOT cover the AGP models since the kext is X2000, I'm guessing this is for PCI-Express correct?

I've tried this 9 ways to Sunday editing the info.plist file, repairing permissions, not repairing permissions, and I get a grey screen in place of my desktop.

My specs are

HP a562n Pavillion - which has a ASUS P4SD-LA motherboard, (SSE3)

3.0 gig processor, a gig of Ram, ATI Radeon HD 2400 AGP w/ 2 DVI outputs on a 24 inch HP w2408 LCD monitor.

Tried the output with DVI cable, and through the VGA adapter

ATI Radeon HD 2400 AGP Dev ID #93c41002 i believe, i'm not at that machine right at the moment.

It works flawlessly with ATI Radeon 2400 HD Pro.

Once you install Triakis you must add your dev id into the ATI2000xRadeon.kext , to do so open /System/Library/Extensionsin there lookup for the fore-mentioned kext and do control+click and select Show Package Contents, there go to /Contents and copy the file info.plist to your desktop, keep the window open. Once copied open it up and look for the line that says

<key>IOPCIMatch</key><string>0x94001002 0x94011002 0x94021002 0x94031002 0x95811002 0x95831002 0x95881002 0x94c31002 0x94c81002 0x94c91002</string>

On the line where it says<string> add your device id (ex. 0x94c3 + vendor id ATI=1002 0x94c31002) once you edited it, go to file>save and save it like Info.plist if you get a confirmation dialog click on Use .Plist.

Once that is done copy the .plist file back into the ATI2000xRadeon.kext Leopard will ask you to replace the file, click on replace and input your password to authenticate. After you copy the Info.plist file close the window, and go back to /System/Library and look for Extensions.mkext select that file and send it to the Trash. Now open a terminal and run the following command: sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions.

Afterwards, open Disk Utility and Repair Disk Permissions. Then reboot, and voila everything will be working!!!!

It works flawlessly with ATI Radeon 2400 HD Pro.

Once you install Triakis you must add your dev id into the ATI2000xRadeon.kext , to do so open /System/Library/Extensionsin there lookup for the fore-mentioned kext and do control+click and select Show Package Contents, there go to /Contents and copy the file info.plist to your desktop, keep the window open. Once copied open it up and look for the line that says

<key>IOPCIMatch</key><string>0x94001002 0x94011002 0x94021002 0x94031002 0x95811002 0x95831002 0x95881002 0x94c31002 0x94c81002 0x94c91002</string>

On the line where it says<string> add your device id (ex. 0x94c3 + vendor id ATI=1002 0x94c31002) once you edited it, go to file>save and save it like Info.plist if you get a confirmation dialog click on Use .Plist.

Once that is done copy the .plist file back into the ATI2000xRadeon.kext Leopard will ask you to replace the file, click on replace and input your password to authenticate. After you copy the Info.plist file close the window, and go back to /System/Library and look for Extensions.mkext select that file and send it to the Trash.

Ok, all that I was doing...

...Now open a terminal and run the following command: sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions.

Terminal returns : Sudo: Kextcashe: Command not found

Do you think there's a problem with the OS install?? I i used iATKOS_v1.0ir2.iso

I read somewhere in this forum where somebody said it was not complete, is this true?

Ok, all that I was doing...Terminal returns : Sudo: Kextcashe: Command not foundDo you think there's a problem with the OS install?? I i used iATKOS_v1.0ir2.isoI read somewhere in this forum where somebody said it was not complete, is this true?
it's sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Esxtensions
Ok, all that I was doing...Terminal returns : Sudo: Kextcashe: Command not foundDo you think there's a problem with the OS install?? I i used iATKOS_v1.0ir2.isoI read somewhere in this forum where somebody said it was not complete, is this true?
it's sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Esxtensions
Another Thought...Falu, are you, or anyone else that has it working, using an AGPgart kext of any kind??? I'm thinking that maybe an issue as well. :D;)
I really don't know about AGP because I use PCI-E.

.....I really don't know about AGP because I use PCI-E.

That is why it works flawlessly for you, driver written for PCIe cards, I have read of no-one responding with AGP, that's why I suspected kextX2000 X for PCI eXpress, no AGP.

Leo sees AGP slot as PCI, before the addition of AGPgart.

Hi Folks,

On several places I found install packages for the Ati Radeon 2400 / 2600.

But I'm running the 10.4.11 x86 package, and it runs so perfect, I really do not want to upgrade to Leopard.

I have the Ati Radeon 2400XT (taken of the pc now) and I noticed all those ATI installers do not want to install on Tiger.

Is there someone who knows how to get this card working on 10.4.11 properly? Or is someone having a driver-install for Tiger?

Thanks a lot.

Marius

p.s. At this moment I'm using the on-board GMA 950 (intel). For what I see it is working great, but for some reason I think the Ati 2400XT will be better... If someone knows if the GMA 950 (intel) will work the same (or better) ... please let me know, and I'll quit searching for Tiger support for this card.

Hi alll!!!

I have and Gateway Laptop with Radeon HD X2400 XT on it, and it´s not working.

I Installed Kalyway 10.5.1 and after the first boot I got choppy graphics and I can saw anything. For get into Leopard I need to use the -x flag at boot, after a little search here in the forums, I tried the Triaki method, without luck. The funny thing is that when I tried to edit the ATIRadeonX2000.kext for add my dev id, it´s already there. My dev id is 94c81002, I think that´s why I get those choppy graphics, the ATIRadeonX2000.kext its already trying to load, because after remove it from the extensions folder I not need to boot with the -x flag anymore. I think my problem is the ATINDRV that it´s not loading.

Any ideas to get this thing working?

All of you with working 2400, is the ATINDRV loading? if so, What do you do to make it load?

Gateway M6809m

core2duo 1.66 Ghz

3GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 2400XT 128 mb dedicated

10.5.2 vanilla kernel (kalyway 10.5.1 updated with kalyway update to 10.5.2)

Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys, very interesting.

Kalyway 10.5.2 + Apple Graphic Update 1.0 + Triakis 2400 package

I got PERFECT output from my HD mobility 2400 from the DVI out, with CI QZ

and even rotation enabled.

Problem is: DVI need to be plugged in, and why would I want a DVI connected LCD

with a notebook ?!

Guys, very interesting.

Kalyway 10.5.2 + Apple Graphic Update 1.0 + Triakis 2400 package

I got PERFECT output from my HD mobility 2400 from the DVI out, with CI QZ

and even rotation enabled.

Problem is: DVI need to be plugged in, and why would I want a DVI connected LCD

with a notebook ?!

Hey AWoods,

I have a mobility radeon 2400 XT, in my gateway laptop, I only have 1HDMI out, and 1VGA out, it doesn´t matter what I do, If I install the correct drivers, I have the black screen and it hangs there.

You and many others have external monitor working, through DVI port.

For continue with my research I need to get this external monitor support.

Did you get internal LCD working?

Through wich one of your Outputs port are you connectig? DVI or VGA or HDMI?

Did you get DVI support or did you need VGA adapter?

Did you get dual monitor support?

What happen if you connect two of your VideoOut like, dvi and vga or dvi and hdmi?

Please help

Thanks

AREOS,

Only DVI out works, light blue and nothing else on my internal LCD.

Only one monitor works connecting to my DVI. I did not use a VGA adapter.

I don't like it. I was told that for mobility card, apple uses a kind of LVD monitor

and as such the driver only send LVD signals to internal LCD. Unless the driver

is re-written, there is no hope.

I guess that's it for my laptop :-(

AREOS,

Only DVI out works, light blue and nothing else on my internal LCD.

Only one monitor works connecting to my DVI. I did not use a VGA adapter.

I don't like it. I was told that for mobility card, apple uses a kind of LVD monitor

and as such the driver only send LVD signals to internal LCD. Unless the driver

is re-written, there is no hope.

I guess that's it for my laptop :-(

If it helps, I have attached the screen shot. You will see the DVI out is the main screen,

then VGA is the secondary screen. The system does not seem to see the internal screen

AT ALL!

Maybe buying a mac air is a better choice!!

SCREEN.tif

AWoods:

Thanks for all the help, I don´t think the driver doesn´t support our hardware, or it is a connector type problem. I see in other posts that the connector type in the iMac is LVDS, so isn´t supported, but the specification in the gateway site says my hardware support 2 LVDS channels, here is it...

Feature Description

Graphics

Controller: ATI M74M

Bus: PCIe x16

Memory options: DMVT 3.0

Display interface: 2-CH LVDS

TV-out: HDMI from GFX IC

Brightness Control: PWM, 8-Levels

I think the problem is how it´s declared the order of the connector, this is what we need to fix.

thanks for the screenshot, Can you send me your ioreg dump and the natit or atiinject you are using please?

Edit:

In the screenshot, your DVI connection is connected to a Samsumsung TV? because says "Television YES", and your VGA its connected to another Samsung Monitor? or TV too? Maybe the driver recognize our internal Screen like a TV, and its sending this kind of signal, I dont know