danalog

16 posts in this topic

Problem: Photoshop CS3 crashes at start on Leopard 10.5.1

Solution:

1. Install Photoshop CS3

2. Install Photoshop CS2

3. Start Photoshop CS3

4. Work, play, etc.

Somehow installing CS2 does something and so you can use CS3.

Your milage may vary but it works for me.

Post your experiences in the reactions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know the Problem of crashing CS3 APPz.

I found really good anticrashfiles (with Video Tutorials inside)

Here a Link --- :D

http://i786.de/transfer/Important-OSX86_cr...AntiCrash.tar.Z

Anticrash for Photoshop Illustrator Flash Flash Video Encoder Acrobat Dreamweaver (CS3).

Works with German and English CS3 Version. I testet it. :P

Have fun with CS3 - But for Indesign i have no Patch.

The AppleSMBIOS File (if needed)

AppleSMBIOS

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that the issue of crashing CS3 apps is an old problem that existed with 10.4 too. It has to do with the flexlm licensing engine that CS3 uses. This thing needs a valid MAC address, which some osx86 machines fail to provide.

There are some options to attempt to get CS3 working:

- Install a version that needs to be activated and activate it properly. Those versions don't use the flexlm technology, so tells me the internet.

-- I'm not sure this exists actually, I haven't seen activation versions around for mac, but I've seen them mentioned. for me it's not an option anyways.

- Use a recent AppleSMBIOS.kext as stated above.

-- This does not seem to work on AMD, at least not for me.

- Use a patched AppleSMBIOS.kext.

-- These are only available for Tiger AFAIK, not sure about AMD at all.

- This trick: http://www.semthex.com/index.php?option=co...ticle&id=22

-- I'll try this soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all.

I´m having some trouble in patching my CS3 (photoshop and illustrator) applications.

I´m using the patcher from Mazzie´s but when I drop the .app file to the screen on the drop zone, returns me the message: "some of the files won´t be patched". The logs says - Examining File : /Contents/MacOS/Adobe Illustrator -> SHA1 Error

I already tried using the latest iPatch from the www.ipatch.org but didn´t worked for me. Same message returns.

What problem can I be facing??? Any ideas?

Thnx in advance.

[]´s

I’m running Ps CS3 in my imac g5 with no problem, there’s a lot of macs here at my work (g4, g5, intel) and never noticed about troubles, some run faster than others, that’s all... you’re on a mac or hackintosh? usually you find problems with cs3 on some hackintoshes.

pabs :D

• 1 month later...

"I´m having some trouble in patching my CS3 (photoshop and illustrator) applications.

I´m using the patcher from Mazzie´s but when I drop the .app file to the screen on the drop zone, returns me the message: "some of the files won´t be patched". The logs says - Examining File : /Contents/MacOS/Adobe Illustrator -> SHA1 Error

I already tried using the latest iPatch from the www.ipatch.org but didn´t worked for me. Same message returns.

What problem can I be facing??? Any ideas?"

i have exactly the same problem under 10.5.4. i downloaded the patch recommended above, yet couldn't figure out how to use it. it simply opens an application named Terminal and a log text. No dropbox to drag the photoshop cs3.

Can you tell me how to use guile's patch?

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi,

Problem, I have just re-installed a fresh copy of leopard (upgrade version minus iLife etc.) and installed CS3 extended and when I went to patch it with Mazzie it reported - 'error - this application has quit unexpectedly'. I've never had this problem before, but I did read this thread and another one (http://dynsrv.info/2007/10/30/ipatcher-for-leopard/) and downloaded the ipatcher and it still,

a. opened up in Terminal with the message

'2009-08-25 22:28:54.244 iPatcher-1[499:10b] No Info.plist file in application bundle or no NSPrincipalClass in the Info.plist file, exiting logout'

b. the patch app wouldn't launch (again)

suggestions?