845 replies to this topic

tyhnc900

tyhnc900

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Hi,

Thund3rbolt try adding the required resolution to your com.apple.Boot.plist.

Located in either your Extras Directors or Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.

i fixed it i have qe/ci 1400x1050 res on x3100 on snow leopard 10.6.4

i used this efi string

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,HasLid</key>
<string>0x00000001</string>
<key>AAPL,HasPanel</key>
<key>AAPL,NumDisplays</key>
<string>0x00000004</string>
<key>AAPL,NumFramebuffers</key>
<string>0x00000002</string>
<key>AAPL,SelfRefreshSupported</key>
<key>AAPL01,DataJustify</key>
<key>AAPL01,Depth</key>
<string>0x00000020</string>
<key>AAPL01,Pipe</key>
<key>AAPL01,DualLink</key>
<key>AAPL01,Interlace</key>
<key>AAPL,backlight-control</key>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

gatsu_1981

gatsu_1981

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Mmmmmh.

I have an AOpen MP965-D, a Mac Mini clone (it's really the same size of the old mac mini).
X3100 video card. So it's not a laptop, it's a desktop with laptop parts inside.

But... It only works when X3100 kext AREN'T loaded (i.e. blacklisted or deleted).

When they are loaded correctly, i only get a black screen. I have a white flash and then black screen.
I even tried to fix it with DSDT... No joy.

alex ewetumo

alex ewetumo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Mmmmmh.

I have an AOpen MP965-D, a Mac Mini clone (it's really the same size of the old mac mini).
X3100 video card. So it's not a laptop, it's a desktop with laptop parts inside.

But... It only works when X3100 kext AREN'T loaded (i.e. blacklisted or deleted).

When they are loaded correctly, i only get a black screen. I have a white flash and then black screen.
I even tried to fix it with DSDT... No joy.

Forget all this method people,u dnt even need any old gma drivers basically the problem is a simple one so is the solution,there are key combinations that allow you to set your laptop to sleep and such is Fn+ESC key,especially since most system do have a fn key if you dnt search google for the equivalent of the combination,the stock drivers for 10.6.7 works right out of the box,therefor so shud 10.6.3-10.6.6,since when it boots and gets to the black screen,i hold down the combination which causes the system to sleep then press my power button and there i go,full QC and internal display working,now i cnt say wether its due to the fact i already patch my dsdt which solves HPET issues though you can use the NullCPUPowerManagement kext which you can find the tutorial here:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=190780
.so do urself a favor google around if u cant find none,am sure theres a place to set up keys for different actions on mac os x which will require you to remove the kexts but thats more of trouble so if you need to, just boot into 64bit mode the kexts are 32bit only so u will be able to boot n use vesa ....i do hope it helps people,i knw it ws a shock having spent a whole 3days trying to figure it out but seeing the internal display working randomly after closing the lead for some timeguess it was a go figure..i have a dell xps m1330 ,intel gma 965gm , 2a02 dev id

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
hi I have a fujitsu s6410 with x3100 card

When I installed lion at first boot i had 1024x768 res

Switched res fixed problem

I now have 1280x800

My main issue is the ig invalid firmware max res at boot

Has anyone solved this?????

My f6 and f7 keys for brightness don't work but I have managed to patch my dsdt to get a working brightness slider in system preferences

This is my id for x3100

ntel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 144 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2a02
Revision ID: 0x0003
Displays:
LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

Can anyone point me in the right direction
in how to fix this error???

tdinh

tdinh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

I was hoping someone can help me with my display problem. i recently converted my toshiba r835-p70 laptop to a hackintosh. i believe my max resolution on (from windows) is 1378x766. the one problem i'm currently having is that i can't use the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext because the only output i get is through my hdmi ouput. to boot OSX, i removed the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB from S/L/E to be able to get my internal display to come up.

i've tried all the suggested things with the exception of manually adding the EDID. The problem is that i downloaded the windows utility to get the EDID on my laptop and run it but the raw EDID i get are all 0x00s. Also, when i boot up with the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext, it looks like OSX is using the default display for my laptop display.

can someone please help me figure out how to get my laptop display to work using the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext? any help is appreciated. thx so much!

this is my system:

Toshiba Portege R835-P70 with i5 2410m

thetickisme

thetickisme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
T61 GMA X3100 Running a dual boot SL and Lion install.
Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100
Type: Display says GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 144 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2a02
Revision ID: 0x000c
Displays:
Display: running off my external 22"
Resolution: 1680 x 105 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Built-In: Yes
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported < -- dose not show up in SL or Lion but it is on in Lion for sure

In SL 10.6.8 I can run
sudo -s defaults read /library/preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor
and I get back
tileHeight -int 256 tileWidth -int 256
which shows it on according to the system
But my screen saver with ripple effects will not run only the standard one will.

In Lion (same laptop) they all work BUT Lion sucks with all of the freezes of Finder etc. 10.7.2 FYI.

So what else can I test or do to make it show up in Sytems Profiler and work correctly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy