OsX86 EFI bootloader install

kamikaze

106 posts in this topic

I spent 8 hours on it last night tired ever scenario you can think of. Different Extensions ans kernels and none of it worked for me. My System immediately reboots.

I got real close with a mack_toh kernel released I think the 25th of Nov. I got no kernel panics nor did i get a reboot.

When I got the logwindow there was no Icons or menus. So this was the closest I got.

Tired efi_5.1 and boot_g7 the new 6.0 Efi's. I have the GT 7300 as you see in my signature.

Also you can see I have the Asus Maximux Formula Special Edition MB. I have to update my Signature I got rid of the P5K Deluxe.

I have a QX6850 Xtreme Quad Core as well but my WIreless is the same and so is my graphics card.

Leopard 10.5.0

I followed this HowTO so I am sure the kexts they included are the ones I need:

http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/734/howt...-in-hackintosh/

A bit redundant and some clerical mistakes but I figured it out. I moved all the Kexts over that are included in the zip file. There are a few besides the dsmos and AppleSMBIOS.kext.

With the stock Vanilla Kernel my system just reboots after you see the extensions being fixed during the first part of the boot process.

I tried a couple of patched Kernels and none worked except the ones I mentioned above the mach_toh latest one got as far as the desktop without Icons and Menus.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the QUad Core Xtreme and X38 chipset issue? Or is it my NV GT 7300 Graphics card is why I see an empty desktop?

I have tiger on the first partition rdisk0s1 and Leopard on the second rdisk0s2. Darwin Bootloader was installed from the Tiger installation then I installed the BrazilMac's Pre patched DVD then Post patched it.

I even replaced The post patch with the Vanilla Extensions from the DVD then replaced the necessay ones as in the HowTo I just mentioned.

Any help would be appreciated

What about uninstalling (+ which file(s) are modified / added)

thanks in advance

+++

Airis n1212 - Intel core 2 duo T7200 2Ghz - 2Go ram

JaS 10.4.8 / JaS 10.4.9 combo update / Netkas 10.4.10 update / custom 10.4.11 update (8.10.1 kernel)