Apple is moving to Intel? Has Hell really gotten that cold?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
So, what are your opinions on this? Do you think it was a wise move to switch to Intel?

I predict that it won't be too long before Apple releases OS X for whitebox PCs, meaning that you may be able to get OS X on a Dell. I think this is just a step in that direction, although I could be wrong.

From the hardware side of things, it makes sense. It didn't look like IBM was really willing to work with Apple to develop the hardware they needed.

Hq23t

Hq23t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
This Great, Because I will be able to run both great(Xp only for compatiblity) os on 1 nice pc!

zhLilDoggi

zhLilDoggi

Former Admin of OSX86 Project.

• Retired
  • 199 posts

This Great, Because I will be able to run both great(Xp only for compatiblity) os on 1 nice pc!

Don't mean it will work on all x86s. Intel may make a CPU just for OSX for x86.

Hq23t

Hq23t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Well I was hoping I could get it to run. You are probly right.

Bal8664

Bal8664

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Phil Schiller said in an interview that Windows XP will be able to be installed on Intel Macs, though apple will not provide tech support for users running Windows XP obviously.

iskl

iskl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i could care less what hardware Apple is going to use. I just care they make a good OS to run on it

Beringer

Beringer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
No, Hell has gotten rather too HOT!

Mac-Hell defined as a graphic design bureau, where every one of the 30 staff (example) has a G5 DP on their desk, each drawing 200W with resting desktop and more than 300W if actually called upon to perform any work. :o

This example would be 6-9KW in all, the same as three to five electric heathers running all the time.
In the summer in CA, TX, NV or AZ, with the airconditioner strained to the limit even before that. :lol:
Then there is the powerbill and the Brownouts. :twisted:

Time for a change :!: ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy