Intel GMA X3100

qzl722

289 posts in this topic

Hey guys after trying to get this damn Display working I was finally able to do it with out Natit. Do this at your own risk.

screenshot.png

Ok lets start the work

you will need these kexts http://onekoncctv.com/mac/gmax3100_kexts.zip

Doanload those, extract and save them.

You will also need kexthelper if you have Kalyway 10.5.1 you should already have this.

Remove the Natit kext if you had installed that also remove all the gma950 kexts from /System/Library/Extensions

Open Kexthelper and drag and drop those 5 extracted files you downloaded earlier in the top kexthelper window then put in your password and click "easy install"

Once kexthelper finishes it will tell you everything is ok and you can reboot, before you do this open terminal and type

diskutil repairpermissions /

wait for that to finish once that is done type

reboot

once the computer reboots and passes the gray apple screen your screen will remain blank (black screen)

press the power button on your laptop then press the button s and then press enter on your keyboard

woohoo your screen should be displaying now with your 1280x800 resolution

Note this will also fix your Chicony webcam as you can see from the screen shot

Let me know your results.

HooKed

Unfortunately this trick does not work for my MSI PR600 laptop's internal X3100 display.

Without Natit.kext after booting I get black screen only which can not be activated by power + s + Enter trick mentioned here.

is chicony webcam working with ichat only or is it also working with photobooth? just asking because that is my problem. it won't work with photobooth.
Chicony works with iChat and Yahoo messenger I havent tried phootobooth I will get back to you on that.Ok for those with a black screen I forgot to mention that it takes a while after your comp boots before you can press POWER + S ....15 seconds after the screen first goes black on my laptop. If I press POWER + S before that it doesnt workIf you have a scrambled image, maybe it is because you are still 10.5.1 or possibly have natit.I updated to 10.5.2 KalywayCombo + Apple 10.5.2 Graphics update 1.0. (when I tried this on 10.5.1 I was also getting scrambled image, 10.5.2 +graphics update took care of that)Make sure all the AppleIntelGMA 950 kexts are removed along with natit and AppleIntelFramebuffer kextI have had many PM's saying that this method works (dont know why people dont post here for others to see the method used or whatever)Keep trying if it dont work let me knowHooKed

Chicony works with iChat and Yahoo messenger I havent tried phootobooth I will get back to you on that.Ok for those with a black screen I forgot to mention that it takes a while after your comp boots before you can press POWER + S ....15 seconds after the screen first goes black on my laptop. If I press POWER + S before that it doesnt workIf you have a scrambled image, maybe it is because you are still 10.5.1 or possibly have natit.I updated to 10.5.2 KalywayCombo + Apple 10.5.2 Graphics update 1.0. (when I tried this on 10.5.1 I was also getting scrambled image, 10.5.2 +graphics update took care of that)Make sure all the AppleIntelGMA 950 kexts are removed along with natit and AppleIntelFramebuffer kextI have had many PM's saying that this method works (dont know why people dont post here for others to see the method used or whatever)Keep trying if it dont work let me knowHooKed

Complete following your method my MSI PR600 got software supported 1280x800 display on its internal LCD screen spontaneously after booting. Not success for your Power + s + Enter trick even after 15~20 sec pause. Maybe it's not working for MSI PR600 laptop's X3100 display. Thanks anyway.

HooKed thank you. After installing Kalyway 10.5.1 on my laptop it couldn't boot normally. It used to freeze on a white screen with Apple logo. It could only boot in a safe mode. After all I got proper booting. I also changed resolution (hard to say how it happened because I tried lot of times but finally got it).

press the power button on your laptop then press the button s and then press enter on your keyboard
At first it didn't work. After pressing pwr button + S + Enter I had menu with Shut Down, Restart... and there was a second window with something like X3100 - don't know exactly what it was. After some tries I got finally what I wanted.

video.tiff

After this Sleep mode started working on a half (it goes to sleep mode but doesn't recover, so I have to shut down) Any ideas how to get it working?.

UPDATE: Just found that it doesn't remember the settings, so every time I have to press the combination of buttons ((((

HooKed thank you. After installing Kalyway 10.5.1 on my laptop it couldn't boot normally. It used to freeze on a white screen with Apple logo. It could only boot in a safe mode. After all I got proper booting. I also changed resolution (hard to say how it happened because I tried lot of times but finally got it).

At first it didn't work. After pressing pwr button + S + Enter I had menu with Shut Down, Restart... and there was a second window with something like X3100 - don't know exactly what it was. After some tries I got finally what I wanted.

video.tiff

After this Sleep mode started working on a half (it goes to sleep mode but doesn't recover, so I have to shut down) Any ideas how to get it working?.

UPDATE: Just found that it doesn't remember the settings, so every time I have to press the combination of buttons ((((

I am sorry for that I can not understand Russian language.

Did you actually get hardware-enabled CI/QE functions of your X3100 display ?

video.tiff

Great I am glad it worked for you

I found a way for everyone to avoid the sleep wake trick.

Will post it in a new thread later

HooKed

Hi all,

I have read through the driver topics but have had no luck in even getting my m1330 running at 1280x800 with any of the tricks.

Could any of you with similar rigs please let me know what level of success you have had and how you got to it just in case I missed something.

Any help is gratefully received.

Ade

My spec is as follows:

Dell m1330

Dell Truemobile

4Gb memory

Iatkos r1

Intel X3100 Graphics

Did you actually get hardware-enabled CI/QE functions of your X3100 display ?

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

But as I said changing of resolution is available (can be changed from 800x600 to 1280x800) and this works till Reboot or Shut Down. To enable again switching I have to press buttons that doesn't work always from first try.

2 HooKed, what do you think I need to fix to enable Saving of resolution?

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

But as I said changing of resolution is available (can be changed from 800x600 to 1280x800) and this works till Reboot or Shut Down. To enable again switching I have to press buttons that doesn't work always from first try.

2 HooKed, what do you think I need to fix to enable Saving of resolution?

Well, I have been able to bypass the need to use the sleep wake trick and now everything is saving and starting up as it should.

I would need more info about what laptop you have and the rest of the specs.

I will post my trick to getting the display to work without the need for sleep wake procedure, I will post that shortly (today or tomorrow)

HooKed

PS did you remove appleframebuffer and gma950 kexts? please double make sure that those are deleted also delete natit is you have it

Gateway T-6815:

Intel Core2Duo 1.5 GHz

Intel GM965

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

(if you need all specs I'll post)

I have removed gma950 kexts but didn't touch appleframebuffer and I didn't use natit

Waiting for your sleep wake trick -_-

UPDATE: After I checked 950.kexts I found one and lot of copies of x3100.kexts & bundles (I deleted and left those that Hooked posted and also deleted AppleIntelframebuffer). After this I got CI: Hardware Accelerated & QE: Supported and now resolution setting is fine after reboot

DSCN2060.jpg

BUT I got another problem: now there's a lack of colors (you can see on a left side of picture) A restored AppleIntelframebuffer.kext and did: diskutil repairpermissions / but it didn't help.

DSCN2064.jpg

What file(s) do I need to restore?

And now sleep wake is working on a half (automaticlly it works but manually not)

Edited by BuRa86

Well, I have been able to bypass the need to use the sleep wake trick and now everything is saving and starting up as it should.

I will post my trick to getting the display to work without the need for sleep wake procedure, I will post that shortly (today or tomorrow)

HooKed

PS did you remove appleframebuffer and gma950 kexts? please double make sure that those are deleted also delete natit is you have it

Complete following your method (including remove Natit.kext, appleframebuffer and gma950 kexts) my MSI PR600 got software supported 1280x800 display on its internal LCD screen spontaneously after booting. Can you show me how to enable its hardware CI/QE functions in my MSI PR600 laptop ? Its specification is as following:

MSI PR600:

Intel Core2Duo 1.8 GHz

Intel GM965 (Santa Rosa chipset)

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

(if you need all specs I'll post)

@Bura86 Yes full specs would be better especially laptop model/make also make sure you do a repair permissions.The color issue is not something I have come across before but make sure you dont have any gma950 kexts or appleframebuffer, did you use my kexts from my 1st post? I will look into the colors issue.@jsl do you have 10.5.1 or 10.5.2? also did you use my kexts from above? if so you should have hardware accelerated please post a screen shot here.I will try to help you guys as much as I can I wish more people would post their results here.HooKed

Gateway T-6815:Intel Core2Duo 1.5 GHzIntel GM965Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100(if you need all specs I'll post)I have removed gma950 kexts but didn't touch appleframebuffer and I didn't use natitWaiting for your sleep wake trick :)UPDATE: After I checked 950.kexts I found one and lot of copies of x3100.kexts & bundles (I deleted and left those that Hooked posted and also deleted AppleIntelframebuffer). After this I got CI: Hardware Accelerated & QE: Supported and now resolution setting is fine after reboot DSCN2060.jpgBUT I got another problem: now there's a lack of colors (you can see on a left side of picture) A restored AppleIntelframebuffer.kext and did: diskutil repairpermissions / but it didn't help. DSCN2064.jpgWhat file(s) do I need to restore?And now sleep wake is working on a half (automaticlly it works but manually not)
I noticed you have 10.5.1 you should do the apple graphics update 1.0 from the apple software update site. These kexts are from 10.5.2 not 10.5.1 that could be the issue that you are having with color try updating to 10.5.2 with the appropriate 10.5.2 comboupdate hacked for your build if its kalyway you need to use the kalyway 10.5.2comboupdatehack then goto apple software up date and do the updates then repeat the instructions from my first post.HooKed

@ HooKed, there's not only a lack of colors, there are now some problems with menu - it doesn't show proper entries of any menu (look at 2nd screenshot from previous post).

As I said I used your kexts from first post and did repairpermissions

AppleIntelframebuffer and Appleframebuffer are they same?

Full specs of my laptop:

Gateway T-6815:

# Intel Core 2 Duo 1.50 GHz T5250 processor

# Intel Centrino Duo technology

# 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM

# 160 GB hard drive

# DVD±RW dual layer drive

# Intel GMX X3100 graphics

# Integrated audio with built-in speakers

# 56K modem

# Integrated Ethernet

# 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN

# Keyboard with TouchPad

# Integrated 1.3 MP Webcam

# 14.1-inch Widescreen Ultrabright TFT LCD

# Built-in memory card reader

@ HooKed, there's not only a lack of colors, there are now some problems with menu - it doesn't show proper entries of any menu (look at 2nd screenshot from previous post).

As I said I used your kexts from first post and did repairpermissions

AppleIntelframebuffer and Appleframebuffer are they same?

Full specs of my laptop:

Gateway T-6815:

# Intel Core 2 Duo 1.50 GHz T5250 processor

# Intel Centrino Duo technology

# 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM

# 160 GB hard drive

# DVD±RW dual layer drive

# Intel GMX X3100 graphics

# Integrated audio with built-in speakers

# 56K modem

# Integrated Ethernet

# 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN

# Keyboard with TouchPad

# Integrated 1.3 MP Webcam

# 14.1-inch Widescreen Ultrabright TFT LCD

# Built-in memory card reader

Again it could be that you have 10.5.1 thats why its kinda screwed up. My kexts are from 10.5.2 you will need to update and repeat the steps.

I meant to say AppleIntelFrameBuffer

Please look into updating to 10.5.2 and also doing the graphics update from apples site.

HooKed

At last I got Hardware Accelerated CI/QE functions of my X3100 in MSI PRO600 laptop.

Thanks ! The only disadvantage is that even without Natit.kext I still need add cpus=1 for booting and it takes 60~75 secs more to get the successful internal display.

Warning: This method is very unstable ! It may not work everytime after booting !

Best advice: using special Natit.kext (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=18070)

+ X3100-related kext/bundle 10.5.18 + OpenGL.framework 1.5.5

which is fast and very, very stable no matter you are using Leopard 10.5.1 or 10.5.2

@jsl do you have 10.5.1 or 10.5.2?

I'm using 10.5.2 plus Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 (from 10.5.2)

also did you use my kexts from above?

Yes.

if so you should have hardware accelerated

I found that the key success also dependents upon the version of OpenGL.framework.

Without the correct version of it I can only get software-enabled CI/QE functions.

please post a screen shot here.

I have attached 7 captured files for your reference.

X3100_OpenGL.tiff

X3100_0.tiff

X3100_5.tiff

X3100_4.tiff

X3100_3.tiff

X3100_2.tiff

X3100_1.tiff

Ok, that's funny. Your mac info is displaying the information about the speed of your internal memory correct. My mac says that the speed is 55784Mhz. It allso does not recognise the 2Gb.

In my windows XP config it is all working perfect so the module isn't broken or something. Maybe my initial I965 isn't loaded properly (mb drivers). Is there any way to check that?

An other quick question. What version hackintosh did you use to install on the toshiba? I used the Iatkos version (1.0ir3) Even after the update to 10.5.2 my "about my mac" still display's the iatkos logo.

Maybe the version you used (and the kalyway updatecombo) will solve my problems, but what version is it?

I am glad to see that you guys got it working

I used the kalyway version, ian working on a permanent fix

I have come to the conclusion that the problem is related to

the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB next which is the frame buffer for the 3100

Please people whether you have success or not please post you results

here

HooKed

Hey Hooked I'd love to see how you got passed the sleep display problem. Right now I have the sleep display app in my dock and have it open at log in so I can just hit any key once it opens, but I'd love to fix it for good.

Thanks for you efforts.

post-156518-1206829644_thumb.jpgpost-156518-1206829652_thumb.jpgJow Hooked,

I installed the new Leo4allv2, and the graphics update, removed the gma950, Appleintegratedframebuffer and installed your .zip. Still get the scrammeled image. :P

Just for the record i took screens from my display. I will show them here, maybe you know what the problem is. Funny thing is, this happens only when AppleInterGMAX3100.kext is in the extensions folder. If I remove that one, the card type is known but it say's no kext loaded. So the other four X3100 seem to be fine

Allso, the mouse cursor is allways displayed correctly.

post-156518-1206829602_thumb.jpg