sw170

sw170

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Hi BslBryan,
sounds good!
How about brightness+SUN logo ? Full battery support ? Pstates and Cstates ?
Sleep should work on your machine with DSDT, try create one with Linux LiveCD

BslBryan

BslBryan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Clear difference between cstates and pstates, no problem with hd or fan making noise in times of idle.
No sun logo, but brightness changes. That's all I really care about. The function's there. I would be more upset if I had the logo but no functionality. ;-)

I don't put my computer to sleep normally but it might be a nice idea. I've got a couple linux distros hanging around here. I used Ubuntu's latest long term stable (10.04) a lot when ethernet wasn't showing up in OSX (so I could dl kexts) so it's actually right here.

Really what I'd like to do is find a way to bake the startup sound into an EFI emulator or replace pcspkr with the startup sound. I also have thought about using afplay to load and play a sound when (in verbose mode) the kexts are loading up, so it would chime a little after the white screen, but before login.

EDIT: Yes, full battery support as well. At least, I did. I removed AppleHPET.kext from /S/L/E because it was conflicting with my ethernet kext, but that was my choice.

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
Hi BslBryan,

Would you be able to tell us all what kexts you used to get your setup working?

I would love to install Snow Leopard on my HP Pavillion dv6000

Thanks

NSCXP2005

demoniac

demoniac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Ahh... Finally back to this forum.

I'm currently writing from my DV9575 with 10.6.6.

Anyone know how to get audio working? I got it working on 10.5.8, but people say that the kexts will cause a KP.

I think it's a Realtek ALC268.

Please, anyone?

EDIT:

HAHA! I got it working!
This will work for DV6000 and DV9000, I just replaced AppleHDA in S/L/E and ran Kext Utility. I guess it can be installed in /extra/extensions so that you don't overwrite when updating OSX.
Attached File  AppleHDA.kext.zip   604.26KB   119 downloads

hmiem81

hmiem81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey all,

I'm actually running 10.5.8 on my DV 6875se but I really want to move to 10.6. Any advice?

extremeae

extremeae

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I'm happy to report that my DV6500T now runs iATKOS Lion 10.7.1 wonderful! I can say it's quite fast and speedy over 10.5.8. I never had much luck with 10.6.x(crashed a lot) so yeah 10.7.1 is nice!

The only patch or editing I needed to make was the volume control slider. You have to edit a couple of lines in voodooHDA plist for the volume control slider to work correctly. Other than that, everything else works!

UPDATE: The only issue I'm having now is the CMOS time reset. The times keeps resetting. I tried all the AppleRTC fix I can find and none seems to resolve the issue. For the time being, I'm restoring 10.5.8 image until I can find a fix.

newstar55a

newstar55a

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
just successfully installed lion using ##### + ##### + DSDT...

just a bit stability issues about hibernation using "ForceWake=y"

anyone knows this?

pee2thejay

pee2thejay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, all!

I recently installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 (then updated to 10.6.7) on my DV9700, and I need some help getting shutdown to work!

I have the EvOreboot kext installed, but I do not think it is making a difference!

I used #####, but I am thinking of using a DSDT file, is this the best way to go?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy