Flip4Mac

glufx

18 posts in this topic

Has anyone sucessfully installed Flip4Mac? Link

It says I need a newer version of quicktime when using the installer (I have the newest one from apples site on 8F1111g) so I went in and installed the packages manually. Now it says windows media files are a format that Quicktime can't understand. I have a feeling it needs to run in Rosetta to load Flip4mac, that sucks.

Edited by glufx

http://www.flip4mac.com/fusetalk/forum/mes...3&enterthread=y

There is a known Flip4mac compatibility issue with QuickTime 7.0.4. An update is now available and can be downloaded from www.flip4mac.com/wmv_download.htm. Just download and install Version 2.0.1, which will overwrite the previous version. It is not necessary to uninstall Version 2.0.

Version 2.01: http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_download.htm

I will be trying it shortly. :(

I could never get my captured videos from my dv cam to wmv toplay on vlc. I'm hoping this will work. Or at least wait for the unibin.

To clear things up, the link posted on the MS site is still version 2.0.

I could never get my captured videos from my dv cam to wmv toplay on vlc. I'm hoping this will work. Or at least wait for the unibin.

To clear things up, the link posted on the MS site is still version 2.0.

Make sure you click the "advanced" box and choose "quartz video" for the video output module in VLC preferences. EDIT: assuming you are using the intel VLC binary.

screenshot19fd.th.jpg

Edited by johnniecarcinogen

2.0.1 still doesn't work. :)

If you are having troubles with Flip4Mac not working look and see if you have /Library/Internet Plug-ins/ with 2 Flip4Mac plugins in it (Note the case of "i" in plug-ins it should be I). Move the 2 Flip4Mac plugins to /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ And things work on a PPC Mac anyhow. I haven't had a chance to try it on Intel. I sent their support people a message about the directory name issue...

Ron

If you are having troubles with Flip4Mac not working look and see if you have /Library/Internet Plug-ins/ with 2 Flip4Mac plugins in it (Note the case of "i" in plug-ins it should be I). Move the 2 Flip4Mac plugins to /Library/Internet Plug-In/ And things work on a PPC Mac anyhow. I haven't had a chance to try it on Intel. I sent their support people a message about the directory name issue...

Ron

I didn't have to change anything, the 2 files were already in the 'Internet Plug-Ins' folder.

Anyone got it working on intel?

Edited by red_bull

i had the same problem but i opened the flip4mac app's contents installed the 2 packages and then went to quicktime info flipped on rosetta. shazam! it worked. it has a problem if it has a codec to retrieve before the file plays (like napster files.....pr0n...ect.ect.) other than that it plays all other wmv and wmp9/avi files flawlessly even better thatn wmp9 for osx even tho quicktime is in rosetta.

btw my setup is a shuttle sb61g2v3. intel prescott 630 3.0ghz 1gig ram, nvidia 5700le, osx86 8f1111a(g) everything works perfectly except for graphics.

on the installer. right click or control click <- mac ppl :P and show package contents, open the folder contents then open and run the other 2 packages in there and then close down quicktime, find QT in the finder, get info, click open using rosetta, then thats is it.

• 1 month later...

if you do that are you able to run safari under Rosetta and get a working browser plugin for playing wmv files?

Edit: well I tried it, and it's a no go. I wish these flip4mac peope could hurry it up with the unibin!