Bugs in 9a559

Fizzeh

93 posts in this topic

I've some difficulties to unmount dmg images... Finder does nothing, I must umount them in a shell...

Still having some issues with Safari and files downloading, but not always ??

This is a great build with little bugs, but definitely too buggy for a release...

I don't have any video effects in iChat. Is there a minimum processor requirement that can be gotten around, maybe?

Same thing here, yet it was working in prior betas.

I'm sure my iMac is more than able to handle the effects with a Video card @ 128mb.

Lets wait for the final then we'll see.

Quicktime is just more flexible than quicklook. Quicklook is way to make sure that file is the file I am looking for. And that bug isn't that big problem...happened to me only twice... :D
Exactly how is Quicktime more flexible than QL for viewing movies? As a video editor I can understand if you want to manipulate video, but for viewing QL is in fact MORE flexible that QT Player in it's ability to view consecutive videos.

Exactly how is Quicktime more flexible than QL for viewing movies? As a video editor I can understand if you want to manipulate video, but for viewing QL is in fact MORE flexible that QT Player in it's ability to view consecutive videos.

One problem that I can see is that you can't play it while chatting in IRC. And it isn't a big deal to just double click the video rather than pressing space bar. Yes, I do have Quicktime Player open all the time.

And looks like that "plays twice the speed" problem is in the QuickLook as well :/

I also have the problem of QuickTime playing some video at twice the speed with the audio at the right speed: it's an important bug especially because this behaviour occurs in every quicktime based app, quicklook included.

I still get some crashes during sleep time, too.

I don't have any problem with downloads in Safari, yet (though I never used it with a torrent in the background).

Has anyone else experienced this problem (which I've mentioned before): when you switch between apps using command + tab + arrow keys, it's not possible to jump from the extreme left to the extreme right app with the left arrow key as you normally would. However, you can still jump from extreme left to extreme right using command + shift + tab.

Has anyone else experienced this problem (which I've mentioned before): when you switch between apps using command + tab + arrow keys, it's not possible to jump from the extreme left to the extreme right app with the left arrow key as you normally would. However, you can still jump from extreme left to extreme right using command + shift + tab.

This is a feature rather than a bug. The arrow key navigation is designed to handle scrolling through the list with a wheel mouse (or trackpad, etc). The suggested keyboard shortcut in the manual is cmd+tab to go forward, cmd+shift+tab to go back. This works for jumping to the other side from edges.

Re: Video playback problems

It also causes problems with DVDs played under Front Row (though not DVD Player for some reason). For an example, any disc from season 1 of Hogan's Heroes - the credits run at twice the speed while the show content plays normal. Weird.

This is a feature rather than a bug. The arrow key navigation is designed to handle scrolling through the list with a wheel mouse (or trackpad, etc). The suggested keyboard shortcut in the manual is cmd+tab to go forward, cmd+shift+tab to go back. This works for jumping to the other side from edges.

In Tiger, navigation through the app list with the arrow keys looped from one extreme to the other — like it's still the case with cmd + tab / cmd + shift + tab. Why would removing that function be a feature?

It appears that Pages, iMovie and so forth are working fine now with the most recent updates + 9a559 on an Intel Mac, however I just tried Pages, Numbers and Keynote are all failing on a PPC Mac. It appears to be some sort of setting, however I've wiped out all com.apple.iWork.* Preferences (+ByHost) and the Application Support/iWork (even caches, etc.).

Any other ideas as to what could be going on to cause the following interesting crash?:

Sep 29 22:39:51 some_host Pages[5352]: *** Assertion failure in -[NSMenu itemAtIndex:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-941/Menus.subproj/NSMenu.m:819

Sep 29 22:39:51 some_host Pages[5352]: An uncaught exception was raised

Sep 29 22:39:51 some_host Pages[5352]: Invalid parameter not satisfying: (index >= 0) && (index < (_itemArray ? CFArrayGetCount((CFArrayRef)_itemArray) : 0))

Sep 29 22:39:51 some_host Pages[5352]: *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: (index >= 0) && (index < (_itemArray ? CFArrayGetCount((CFArrayRef)_itemArray) : 0))'

Sep 29 22:39:51 some_host Pages[5352]: Stack: (\n 2522948424,\n 2475353772,\n 2522948196,\n 2417480084,\n 2454216596,\n 2457321092,\n 2457320808,\n 17764,\n 2523004372,\n 2454088284,\n 2454053000,\n 2454051372,\n 2454050312,\n 2454049520,\n 16220,\n 427884,\n 427120\n)

Sep 29 22:40:26 some_host ReportCrash[5374]: Formulating crash report for process Pages[5352]

Sep 29 22:40:34 some_host com.apple.launchd[117] ([0x0-0x79079].com.apple.iWork.Pages[5352]): Exited abnormally: Trace/BPT trap

And in the crash report:

Application Specific Information:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: (index >= 0) && (index < (_itemArray ? CFArrayGetCount((CFArrayRef)_itemArray) : 0))'

Thread 0 Crashed:

0 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x966122fc ___TERMINATING_DUE_TO_UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION___ + 0

1 libobjc.A.dylib 0x938ae6a8 objc_exception_throw + 68

2 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x96612260 +[NSException raise:format:arguments:] + 136

3 com.apple.Foundation 0x9017d190 -[NSAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:file:lineNumber:description:] + 116

4 com.apple.AppKit 0x92485f90 -[NSMenu itemAtIndex:] + 188

5 com.apple.AppKit 0x9277be80 -[NSSpellChecker _initUI] + 256

6 com.apple.AppKit 0x9277bd64 -[NSSpellChecker spellingPanel] + 28

7 com.apple.iWork.Pages 0x00004560 -[sLOnDemandSpelling pUpdateUI:] + 56

8 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x9661fdd0 -[NSSet makeObjectsPerformSelector:] + 200

9 com.apple.AppKit 0x92466a58 -[NSIBObjectData nibInstantiateWithOwner:topLevelObjects:] + 1264

10 com.apple.AppKit 0x9245e084 loadNib + 224

11 com.apple.AppKit 0x9245da28 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) _loadNibFile:nameTable:withZone:ownerBundle:] + 840

12 com.apple.AppKit 0x9245d604 +[NSBundle(NSNibLoading) loadNibNamed:owner:] + 336

13 com.apple.AppKit 0x9245d2ec NSApplicationMain + 332

14 com.apple.iWork.Pages 0x00003f58 main + 236

15 com.apple.iWork.Pages 0x00068768 _start + 756

16 com.apple.iWork.Pages 0x0006846c start + 44

9A559 does not seem to work well with Wifi WPA2 Personal.

I have to join my network manually every time I boot.

When I boot I get an error message that says:

Enter the PIN in the Airport Utility to allow this client to join the network name "XXXX"

Leo thinks that my wifi is WPA2 Enterprise.

This didn't happen in 9A527.

Every time I boot I have to manually join my network setting the proper WPA2 Personal password.

This is annoying, but it works.

Over to Moijole. . . .

Experiencing a similar problem w/ iTunes on a PPC Mac vs. an Intel one. Strange isn't it? Maybe this build is for the intel users? Heh heh.

Btw, I did the same steps you did to try and resolve the problem, still not working for my issue.

(I mean, iTunes of all things. . .their bread and butter? grrrr)

Over to Moijole. . . .Experiencing a similar problem w/ iTunes on a PPC Mac vs. an Intel one. Strange isn't it? Maybe this build is for the intel users? Heh heh.Btw, I did the same steps you did to try and resolve the problem, still not working for my issue.(I mean, iTunes of all things. . .their bread and butter? grrrr)
Very odd Matthias03. iTunes works a treat for me on this PPC end. There is something wrong in our configurations I think. Did you do an upgrade, archive, or straight install? I did an archive that essentially failed and then manually migrated /Library and /Users (as well as some other misc folders) over. I'm trying to figure out what I may have running or services/daemons that are installed versus others.Anyone *seeing* success with Pages/iTunes/Keynote/Numbers, etc. with PPC Leopard?
9A559 does not seem to work well with Wifi WPA2 Personal.I have to join my network manually every time I boot.When I boot I get an error message that says: Enter the PIN in the Airport Utility to allow this client to join the network name "XXXX"Leo thinks that my wifi is WPA2 Enterprise.This didn't happen in 9A527.Every time I boot I have to manually join my network setting the proper WPA2 Personal password.This is annoying, but it works.
BTW, working fine on an Intel MacBook Pro on this end. I have a feeling it may be more of a function of router vs. Leopard or router specific WPA implementation. You may try temporarily changing around your router conf to see what happens.Any experience on the other post regard PPC installs and iWork and/or iLife apps?

When in the world will Apple get the Finder right? All I want is for column view to automatically resize its columns. Anyone else irked by this?

work around: command-doubleclick on the little handle below the scrollbar of the column you want to resize. it then automatically changes its size to show the longest filename in this column. that works in 10.4 already....

the Safari downloading problem is one I get too. I agree that running a torrent app at the same time makes it happen more frequently, but if I temporarily quick the torrent then relaunch Safari, the download works as it should. Annoying, but not a deal-breaker for this otherwise awesome build.

I can also confirm this bug. Very annoying and I hope they fix this.