Google Custom Search for the Site

19 posts in this topic

One great core enhancement for this website would be the ability for google to index it for easier searching.

http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=01794666...u-rwu&hl=en

Test it out there.

<script 
src="http://gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/coop/api/017946660328271645860/cse/xxkndsu-rwu/gadget&synd=open&w=320&h=75&title=osX86+Information&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

there's the code for an embedded search... this search works much better than the one in the forum!

• 1 month later...

I've already made a good search engine CSE. :

www.osx86search.co.nr

No offense and we all appreciate the work but mine looks better and works better than the one stated above :D No use repeating whats already been done.

:P

pcwiz

I've already made a good search engine CSE. :

www.osx86search.co.nr

No offense and we all appreciate the work but mine looks better and works better than the one stated above :P No use repeating whats already been done.

:)

pcwiz

Well, I wouldn't say yours is better pcwiz. Yours is not exactly useful when all you want to search through is InsanelyMac/OSx86 wiki, is it? treyx86's searches only InsanelyMac and our wiki, so the information is all from (basically) one source.

Thanks for your contribution treyx86. :)

- Sb.

Edit:

Ok, pcwiz. That's enough now. Stop bringing these old topics back again...

Who would want only to search through ONLY the wiki and InsanelyMac? You need a wider perspective...

Someone who only wants to find something from this site maybe? Perhaps a certain post they found useful once and now they need to come back to it (I know I do). The probability of finding said post is much higher if you're searching through 100 search results than 2000. :)

Oh Sabr,

I made another search engine like treys that searches only the wiki and InsanelyMac. It can be accessed at www.osx86search.co.nr side by side with my engine that searches all OSx86 content. I also made search bar plugins for both of them (tested and working on Firefox)

'Kay, enough is enough

pcwiz, i think i speak for everyone when i say this, but your search sucks, your site in general does. Sorry to be so blunt but I don't like to sugar coat things. Treyx86 made his search engine for this site. And it does its job well. Your search however, is littered with useless junk like videos and such, which just makes it harder to find what you want from the forums. And to top it all off, its wrapped in a mediocre template. Treyx86's search only crawls through this site. Because at the end of the day, thats what the user wants in the first place. When someone is searching for a driver for their video card, they don't want a god damn youtube video, they want a post from this form, with a link to the driver they need.

My suggestions to you are:

1) Start making some original content.

2) Stop stealing other people's thunder

3) Don't dig up old posts like this and spam it with your stuff

4) If you absolutely must copy someone's idea, at least do a good job at it.

and for the record, there have been million of osx86 search engines, so don't think your one of chosen ones that were able to figure out how to work Google CoOp. :o

If you want I can change the design and Prawker, told you if all you want to search is the forums and wiki, I made another one which (I think) is similar to trey's. I'm not good at designing templates so I just pick one from template sites. If you have a good template for the search engine, suggestions are welcome.

And if you want me to take YouTube out, say so. No ones said anything so far and for people to blurt out all the things that are wrong in one post is overwhelming.

And what do you mean by original content?

People hate what I do (which I do for nothing, just to help. I don't get any profit from my guides) more than I thought

If you hate everything I do then don't use anything I make. No ones forcing you.

Yeah, Kiko is, in my own words, a racist narcissistic {censored}. You need to ignore what he says. Seriously. In fact, I think we should change his name to Chump Change. If you know where that's from don't say anything. :o

lol, alloutmacstoday, havent you left yet? and you are only pissed off at me because i told you that you would never be mod. I mean, its a bit long to hold a grudge for such a childish reason isnt it? I mean, since then when have i lashed out at you unprovoked?

and for once prawker, i agree with you. At least you took the time to make it more than a one liner like my hints to pcwiz were. btw, pcwiz will want you banned now

Yes, i have read my posts {censored}. I speak my mind, so what? I think its better than lying, or twisting my words to make it sound nice. If i like something, i will say so. If I think its {censored}, well I'll say its {censored}. I dont think im that important, but at least i know my place unlike most of the people here. And i only lash out personally when its initiated towards me.

and numberz, you of all people are telling me to get a life? Like man, comign from the omgz im 1337z guy. Once you people stop having your heads shoved up your ass, maybe you will come down to earth for long enough to see where you are. AOMT, go read some other threads and maybe you will see what i meant.

Sure me speakign my mind can make me come across as a racist, self-obsessed {censored}, but at least i have the balls to say what i think. I wish people would say what they think more often, cause i am sick of seeing two-faced bastards everywhere i go. btw, whats wrong with sarcasm? Is it too mcuh for your miniscule 13 yo brains to comprehend, that one person can say one thing, yet mean another all at the same time?

Edit: i just read your posts above, nice editing guys :)

What the hell are you talking about? Last time I checked, 2246 is larger than 1768. The reason you come across as a racist and self-obsessed {censored} is because you are Kiko. Why would you think I am a "omgz im 1337z" guy? I am the one using the correct grammar here Kiko, not you. The last time I checked, people who actually type like are idiots that don't know the definition of a shift key. All you are doing is making yourself look worse, but I am not sure if you really care. Kiko, the reason sarcasm works well in forums like this one is because emotions are conveyed so well by text.

Edited by Numberz™

Bahha, Numberz, If i wanted to. I would type with perfect grammar. But I don't think that it is that important. I think you guys should join nicemac.com. They have a really mature thread titled "Kiko is an {censored}", iirc it was started by none other than our own AllOutMacsToday. Most of the members in that forum seem to be your sort of people ( You probably haven't been around long enough to know what I mean).

To answer your question Numberz, No, I really couldnt care less about what you think about me, you are entitled to your opinions, but it doesnt mean I have to agree, or accept it.

When I was referring to you as a "omg im 1337z" guy, that is the first impression that I got of you (Mainly because of the way you carried on in those picture war threads, and your member title). Maybe I am wrong about that, but since I've seen you active, you have just been a pain in my ass, trying to diss me when it does not concern you. That is just getting yourself in the firing line.

AllOutMacsToday, how many people here actually like you? I know how many people here like me, it may not be alot, but at least the people that like me are of higher pedigree than your mob (In my opinion anyway). I'm not here for the "majority" of users, the only reason I hang around is because there are a few people that I like.

Numberz, you should become a lawyer, Your reasoning for me being a narcisstic, racist {censored} is due soley to the fact that I am Kiko. Amazing reasoning.

Edit: thanks soundless :)

Bahha, Numberz, If i wanted to. I would type with perfect grammar.

Yeah that sounds right. The reasoning I had behind calling you racist is because of your recent post in the thread called "Black People." Those posts were some of the most racist things I have seen in my life. If I also remember correctly those were pictures that you posted, I also remember you asking Colonel to post more pictures. Also, the way you acted on IRC, ][shemale was your name if anyone cares, especially toward me. At that time, I had not posted anything about you before, so that is why I think of you as the {censored} you are. I did not even know that AllOutMacsToday even had a topic on that forum, by the way.

Alright guys thats enough for tonight, time to close this thread.

But before I do. I have to say that I do agree with Kiko, while what he says can be brutal at times, he is speaking his mind, and like he said, not many people do that, so i respect kiko for that. But I must ask all of you to take up your disputes in a PM or email or something next time rather than taking them out here in public.