Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

• Please log in to reply
1885 replies to this topic

schneeleopard

schneeleopard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Something new about Mac OS X Lion 10.7 and x1950pro (7280)?

THFC13

THFC13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Anyone managed to get working on 10.6.8?

Was working fine on previous and I used the combo update to 10.6.8 and it has gone completely. Boots up (albeit I need to keep inserting GraphicsEnabler=no at boot!), btu I cannot get the machine ti recognise the 1950 (Pro).

Also, very annoyingly, I can only see a little over half of my screen - top one-third is grey (or contains writing if booted -v, and the bottom two thirds, the top part of the actual OS).

Any ideas or comments on above would be very much appreciate.

macfan8080

macfan8080

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I Got my ati radeon x1800xl working in 10.6.8 by replacing all ati kexts with ones from 10.6.7

Huski

Huski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
some guy got it worked with lion. see at wiki.
:D

Celtic M

Celtic M

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

some guy got it worked with lion. see at wiki.
:)

Do you have a link for that? I'd like to see what you're talking about.

VooD

VooD

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Do you have a link for that? I'd like to see what you're talking about.

I have my x1950 Pro working in 10.6.6 with the modded kexts in this thread, but I use evoenabler instead since it supports 64 bits. The problem is I get the power cable not connected message for a while each time I boot. The power cable registry key is set in evoenabler plist, but I don't know why is not working.

Using io registry explore I can see it's using value 1 in one monitor head, and 0 in the other one, maybe that's the reason.

Any idea?

Evgeniy

Evgeniy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Does anyone help turn up PCI x1950 Pro 512mb in 10.6.8???

Huski

Huski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Lion Support

"I'm shark! I'm shark! …" - Alopias

First of all I'm sorry that I'm too late. I dont understand why no one post this before in June. Well finally, it's time for Alopias.

Step one:
If you can boot with any resolution it would be enough at this point. If not: just use attached bootloader (I've just compiled Azimutz chameleon synched with trunk r1764)
You have to edit boot.plist, put dsdt, smbios, themes to Extra and so on as usual do…
Also I assume you have Os Lion installed already.

Step two:
Get resolution.
You may have resolution work, but anyway just do this simple step.
In ATI1900Controller.kext/Content/Info.plist find IONameMatch and replace value with your Id (7280).
You can do this in textmate, nano etc.
Reboot with ignoring caches just for sure (UseKernelCache=No - type before booting)

Step three:
Get QE/CI acceleration.
Even simpler then previous - replace ATIRadeonX1000.kext with patched one.
And don't forget fix the owner of file.
sudo su [Enter] Password.
chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext
Reboot ignoring caches.

Dont combine and mixup, only step by step)
Done!

After each system update or if you did something or you are stuck: delete ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ATI1900Controller.kext (or replace with originals) and repeat step 2 and 3.

Tested on 10.7.0 and 10.7.2.

Want to say hello to PiErOF81 :P

Redownload, first version was broken.

Attached Files

Sandokan7100

Sandokan7100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Should I set AtiConfig=Alopias for ATI-x1950(id=7280) in Lion?? In SnowLeo the framebuffer used is "Prionace" and not "Alopias"... :worried_anim:

Anyway, it does NOT work for me on Lion 10.7.2 tested in both 32 and 64-bit :wallbash:

Using the above instructions by Huski I see the same behaviour as documented by some else in the past, that is: "the system will show the grey apple screen with the throbber. At the time when the GUI (desktop/login-window) is suppose to load, the screen flickers as the system attempts to load that, then it falls back to the grey apple screen again. This repeats indefinitely. When using "-v" (verbose boot), the screen will clear to black, showing only the text-cursor (white block) at the top left of the screen. The GUI mouse pointer will show momentarily (while the text-cursor disappears), then the mouse pointer disappears and the text-cursor shows. Again repeating indefinitely. I can't login once this happens."

The strange thing is that same videocard (ATI x1950Pro, id=7280) with same hardware (Asus P5N-E SLI / Intel Core2 Duo E6600) will work perfectly in SnowLeo 32-bit (10.6.7) with QE/CI enabled! (Prionace framebuffer as said..)

Huski, which is the exact set of ATI kexts needed for your patch? I've currently removed any ATI kexts from S/L/E so I'm running in VESA 1400x1050 with no acceleration :(

Thanks,
S.

Huski

Huski

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Should I set AtiConfig=Alopias for ATI-x1950(id=7280) in Lion??

Nope. Dont set AtiConfig at all.
Read updated instructions.

Huski, which is the exact set of ATI kexts needed for your patch?

ATIRadeonX1000.kext for replacing and ATI1900Controller.kext for editing.

Other ATI kext is unchanged but must be present.(ATISupport, ...)

Verify every step if you stuck just start over.

1) Boot with any resolution. Verify.

2) Resolution. Verify.

3) Qe/Ci. Done!

noelonline

noelonline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

I need some help on this.

As far as I can see, after installing this package, on my machine it freezes the screen on the rolling-star Apple logo on startup, but the OSX doesn't hang or freeze at all.

I know this because I see the hard drive activity. Even more, I managed to log in to my user account blindly, so I cannot see anything on screen.

Is this because some Power Management setting I don't know how to turn off?

Could Anybody help me on this??

I'm running a 1950 pro (7280) on 10.6.7 using only SnowOSX Universal 10.6 and the Combo Update.

What I have so far, as I put in a previous post, is 10.6.7 QE/CI OK, BUT 1024x768 Stuck.

Thkx...

same problem, a solution ?

JeffDC

JeffDC

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I am working in setting up my grand daughters Hackintosh. I have installed Niresh's 10.7.2, and was able to safe boot into OS X just fine, and I removed all video drivers that I could recognize from Sys../Lib/Extensions and then used the Kext utility to repair the permissions. I was then able to boot in regular mode.

I have an X1950 512 MB PCIE card. I have no idea what the ID is for the card.

I have since modified the Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist, adding the following lines:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>

Hoping that this would allow me to at least have a higher resolution. It did not work.

I see Huskie's kext's and instructions, but do not clearly understand how to modify his files to fit my card (ID), and then how to install the kexts, other then copy to the Sys../Lib/Extensions directory and then run Kext Utility.

I see a number of you seem to have it working and understand the process. I feel a little dense after reading various instructions all over the internet, and still no luck.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Arsis

Arsis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thx Huski, all works just perfect on my Powercolor x1950GT 256Mb (0x72881002)

1. Install Lion 10.7.2 IATKOS, (in video drivers section didn't select anything)
2. In Huski's kexts add my device id (0x72881002)
3. Replace original kexts in S/L/E with patched ones and add Evoenabler for my card
4. Repair permissions with Kext Utility
5. Reboot
6. ...
7. Profit

Rosarioxx

Rosarioxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I followed the guide Huski got the same problem,

Using PCI- Root -UID value :0

Framebuffer @0xd00000000 MMio @0xFE9E0000 I/0 port @0x0000c000 Rom Addr @0xFE9C0000

ATI card non -POSTed, reading VBIOS from PCI ROM @0XFE9C0000

Frame buffer set to device's default:

Nr of ports set to framebuffer's default: 0

Someone could post the file ATI1900Controller.kext changed for 7288?

i have Ati x1950 gt

ariaria

ariaria

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I followed those steps and seems to work.
I have 1920x1080 resolution working
Now when you turn the pc shows me the following.
Posted Image

uh, i'm using X1950XTX (dev-id=7240), on Snow Leopard 10.6.2, using natit/evoenabler, and ended up with power cable message just like you. However resolution detected and my card identified correctly, but QE/CI not working, any solutions?

VooD

VooD

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
Mountain Lion doesn't include x1950 pro drivers anymore T_T

Any way to get graphics working ?

ZPK

ZPK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
work on 10.8 ?

yv35

yv35

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

i hope someone in this thread is still active.

I have tried to install Lion with iATKOS L2. The installation process has been completed successfully. After installation, the boot hangs at the point "Nr of ports set to framebuffer's default" . When i start Lion with GraphicsEnabler=No boot the system correct but the screen is split in half. In the upper half you can see the text of the boot process and in the lower half of the operating system.

I can get the instructions from Huski not perform as I did not see enough. Does anyone have a solution for me?

Mainboard: Asus P5B-E

yv35

Hunty

Hunty

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Hi!
i'm in the same situation, i've an old p5b deluxe and i'm unable to find any solution.
Have you tried with iATKOS L1?

Andrewvideo

Andrewvideo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 131 posts
Yes I would love to know if anyone got those graphics cards working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy