Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

ok now it working but when in screen saver it moves realy slow ;) what the hell?

is this qe/ci problem?

Could be QE/CI problem, check the ripple effect when adding widget to dashboard. No Ripple, No QE/CI

You must have to edit this file:

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist

add the code in bold to the string:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x72801002 0x71871002 0x72101002 0x71DE1002 0x71461002 0x71421002 0x71091002 0x71C51002 0x71C01002 0x72401002 0x72491002 0x72911002</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

bye

Never tried. I use a PCI Audigy2 which works great ;)

Btw, I've done a package based on the "installer" by Bronya. It uses as many vanilla files as possible. Also I discovered there is no need for deleting ATISupport.kext and the model name is shown correctly. My package uses an old PrionaceB which makes the card's fan a lot less noisy.

Here's the link: http://www.4shared.com/file/9P7RGDsu/1053_7280.html

Thank you man! Your pack works great for my X1950pro 256Mb ID: 0x7280

Thank you man! Your pack works great for my X1950pro 256Mb ID: 0x7280

upload in another file hosting please.....

yeap...download finished....i dowload him all day.......install all work but artefacts ((((

oh my God!!!!

Vood you're a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i used your pack and everything works 100%!!!!!!!

i've just spet 5 days trying every little twik a could think about.... was about to go back to 10.5.8...

my girlfriend wnts to kill me because of the amount of time i spent on finding a solution

(got to think of something good to make it up to her ;) )

thanx man

i owe you one

Hi All.

I'm on a 10.6.2 box SnowOSX with an ATI 1950 Pro 512Mb

First tried the load.command on Bronya's drivers, didn't work. Later I dropped the ATIRNDRV.kext

onto the /System/Library/Extensions folder, and after a couple of reboots it got HW Acceleration, worked with Blender so nice, BUT only at 1024x768.

I came from 10.5.7 with resolutions of 1920x1440 and now I'm stuck on this resolution.

I'm happy 'cause it allows me to work with it, but I prefer my big old resolution.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATED!!!!

4-29-2010

Woohoooo!!!!!!!

I finally figured out how to run in 32 and 64 bit using ONLY the VANILLA drivers that came with Snow Leopard 10.6.3!!!!! I am running 2 23-inch apple cinema displays on it just fine, and Final Cut even works good on it

My Device id is 0x72441002

I have a Intel Badaxe2 Motherboard too. (If that matters)

I am using the DSDT Method for my video card, so here is my graphic settings in my DSDT. My Motherboard didn't have a entry for my graphics card, so I had to add it. I put it at the first thing under the Device (PCI0) part. The DSDT.aml addition is in the attached file.

If the DSDT patching is too hard, I included EVOenabler-x19X0.kext for you. If you are using a EFI string right now, you will need to have to Replace Prionace with Alopias . (A simple find and replace, once it is in XML Form in your text editor) I had tried a older DSDT I had that had Prionace in it, and I got a Kernel Panic because the driver didn't know how to interpret Prionace.

If you are using Natit now, REMOVE IT!!! Or you may enter the Kernel Panic zone! :)EVOenabler-x19X0.kext replaces it, and works in 32 & 64 bit modes.

Then Just put my kext's in your /Extra/10.6/Extensions folder (If you have a dual boot like I do)... I have made the kext's so they should cover every X1900 and X1950 card, but hey, it isn't a exact science. Also, on 10.6.0, it will kernel panic, unless you remove JaminMc-x19x0.kext from your extra's folder. It does work for 10.6.2 and 10.6.3. Haven't tested 10.6.1.

If your device id is 728x, (Where the x is a number between 0 and 9), and you get a kernel panic when booting, and you are on 10.6.3, then I hexedited the ATIRadeonX1000.kext, and wrote a script to install it for you. it is in the "Dev 728X" folder.-- Haven't tested that kext, so let me know if it doesn't work. (This should apply to you, since this thread is for 0x72801002 and 0x72881002. Try it without loading the modified one first. Better to be Vanilla as much as possible)

To make your computer boot faster, you can go into your /extra/10.6 folder and do this:

sudo -s
  chmod -R 755 Extensions
  chown -R 0:0 Extensions
  mkext -m Extensions.mkext Extensions
  chmod -R 777 Extensions

The last line is so that it is easy to add or remove and other kexts to your Extensions folder. I do that any time I modify my extensions...

And you are done!!!

Note: If the bootup flashes a color full screen, then stays black, then it works (Well, it will after a reboot). Mine was green on one screen, and red on the other.

-- If you have a Apple keyboard, you can press Control-command-eject, and it will reboot your computer for you, and do it cleanly. If not, just hit the reset button on you computer after the harddrive stops accessing. You wouldn't want to corrupt something. I also notice that it will do this if you change other things in your extensions folder…

I wrote injection kext's for the /Extra's folder. My goal is to be able to boot from any USB drive with Snow Leopard, and have a fully vanilla install.. This is the first time my X1950 has been able to function totally vanilla. No more adding my device ID on every OS update!

Also, if you have been trying other things, you may want to copy over virgin Kext's (I just copied them from my macbook that has 10.6.3 on it in virgin state) I'm sure you can get them from the 10.6.3 update with pacifist too.

Edit 4-30-10

Oops, missed something in my script... Fixed it now, and added permissions repair to it.

So here is my latest version!

JaminMc_X19X0.zip

nice please post istructions.

so you don't need to edit ATIRAdeonX1000.kext driver to put device id?

i also have my graphics working with DSDT (mine have ATY,Prionace) but can't go x64.

please let us know.

great job!

p.s. my device id 0x7288

nice please post istructions.

so you don't need to edit ATIRAdeonX1000.kext driver to put device id?

i also have my graphics working with DSDT (mine have ATY,Prionace) but can't go x64.

please let us know.

great job!

p.s. my device id 0x7288

I put that device in my injection kext's, that is why I posted it in this thread too. :)

I am using DSDT, because I don't want to mess with EFI strings in the com.apple.boot.plist. But if you don't want to mess with the DSDT or EFI, you can try this EVOenabler kext I modified. I haven't tried it since I am not at the office right now, but it looks like it is about the same info being injected as I put in the DSDT.

I have updated my driver package to include EVOenable modified to woul with the x1900 and x1950 series cards

I have been using ATY,Prionace for a long time now. The problem is that there is no driver for it in Snow Leopard. So now I am using the Alopias Framebuffer. That one works on the X1950, and has both 32 and 64 bit drivers in Snow Leopard.

All the Kext's I made do is inject the device settings from the /Extra folder. It keeps me from having to edit the info.plist in the ATI1900Controller.kext, and ATIRadeonX1000.kext therefore having a fully vanilla setup. In Leopard I always used Prionace for my frame buffer, which doesn't exist in Snow Leopard, which is why the old solution needed files from leopard, and only worked in 32 bit. That worked fine for me in Snow, but then I had to edit settings in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext when I updated to 10.6.3, so I set out to make a Vanilla, and here I am now :) Now, you dont have to edit the ATIRadeonX1000.kext anymore!!

My Injection Kext's inject the device Id's to these kext's:

ATI1900Controller.kext -- This one is responsible of 2D support, including resolution change, output signal handle, and refresh rate (What ATINDRV.kext did in Leopard, The only file I needed to have my old 32bit setup with Prionace. I dont need it anymore!)

ATIRadeonX1000.kext -- This one brings hardware acceleration allowing use of QE (Quartz Exterme) and CI (Core Image).

If you still have ATINDRV.kext in your /System/Library/Extensions, delete it. I recommend that you delete all your old ATI kexts, and put new virgin ones. Or at least move them out.

I used my macbook, and had the drive mounted through the network. it's system drive is SnowJam. So here is what you could do...

sudo mkdir /Old-ATI-Extensions
sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/ATI* /Old-ATI-Extensions
sudo cp -rp /Volumes/SnowJam/System/Library/Extensions/ATI* /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*
sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

i will give a try.

update my DSDT code with yours is a mandatory step, it is correct?

i have to modify device id iind DSDT code?

{

"device-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

---> 0x40, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00

}

}, Local0)

"ATY,DeviceID",

Buffer (0x02)

{

--> 0x40, 0x72

},

i will give a try.

update my DSDT code with yours is a mandatory step, it is correct?

i have to modify device id iind DSDT code?

{

"device-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

---> 0x40, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00

}

}, Local0)

"ATY,DeviceID",

Buffer (0x02)

{

--> 0x40, 0x72

},

Should work either way. Probably better if it matched your own device. that is code where I was trying to Fake it through the DSDT. So it isn't even my card, and my card works. The DSDT isn't mandatory. I just like it, because it makes it more like a real mac. Can't use NATIT, because it will use the wrong framebuffer. So if you have natit.kext, DELETE IT!, and use the enabler in my new package. My original post now includes the enabler. If you are using a EFI string right now, you will need to convert it from hex to xml, and change the frame type to Alopias. It is probebly Prionace now. Then just put my kexts in your /Extra's folder.

great jaminmc

it worked for me too with new framebuffer and vanilla kext.

only one problem. After boot when finder start i get a message window about graphics card power connector non plugged in. Also ( it seems related to me) the system won't resume after sleep. Tried in x32 and x64.

ATI_warning.zip

P.S.

spoken too early. seem i still need an hexedited ATIRadeonX1000 driver otherwise i get kernel panic.

great jaminmc

it worked for me too with new framebuffer and vanilla kext.

only one problem. After boot when finder start i get a message window about graphics card power connector non plugged in. Also ( it seems related to me) the system won't resume after sleep. Tried in x32 and x64.

ATI_warning.zip

P.S.

spoken too early. seem i still need an hexedited ATIRadeonX1000 driver otherwise i get kernel panic.

Hmmm. I only got a Kernel panic when I has the old frame buffer in my DSDT. Also, I never put my computer in sleep mode, so I didn't test that part. I think that for the sleep, There are a couple of lines that need to be added to the _WAK section of the DSDT that will reference the graphics card. (if you are using dsdt)

Did you patch the DSDT, or did you use the EVOenabler? Because I haven't tested the EVOenabler myself, and it could be missing an area for the power. I will have to look into that too. I will test the EVOenabler tomorrow at work, if it is a slow day at the office. (Should be, but there can always be a surprise project.

When I first got my card working, I got kernel panics related to HFS. turned out that I needed to boot in Single user mode, and run the "fsck -fy" for it to repair my boot volume because of all my failed boots from trying to get it to work. Then it didn't kernel panic again, till I tried a older dsdt that had the same graphics settings, except it had had Prionace, and replaced it with Alopias. That is how I came up with my DSDT settings. The old EFI data that worked great for me with the leopard driver file in 32 bit mode only, now works with the new framebufer edit, and it works great for me.

Before this, what were you using for your graphics EFI injection? Did you do it with DSDT, EFI string, or Natit.kext? If it was DSDT, or EFI, then post it, and I will compare it to mine, and see what the difference is. the 7280/7288 cards might need a different power setting or something.

A hexedited ATIRadeonX1000? Like replacing a device Id with yours? 7244 isn't in that either, and I hexedited mine to add it. That was a step i did long before I got the thing working. Then, once I got it to work, i replaced all my ATI files with Vanilla, so it was no longer hex edited, and it still worked fine.

Yes i'm using DSDT patch, i need to replace Id in ATIRadeonX1000, if not KP.

nikeita_dsdt.zip

are you sure u are using vanilla ATIRadeonX1000 and not the edited one? did you flushed kextcache (i use pfix to rebuild cache so i'm sure it load the right kext and not the one in cache)

Hmm. I wonder if you put your patched ATIRadeonX1000 kext in your extra's folder, then you might be able to go vanilla in your /System/Library/Extensions folder. Then you could boot Vanilla :thanks_speechbubble:

How are you likeing the 64 bit world? I havent got to mess with it much, but I will this week.

Hmm. I wonder if you put your patched ATIRadeonX1000 kext in your extra's folder, then you might be able to go vanilla in your /System/Library/Extensions folder. Then you could boot Vanilla :P

How are you likeing the 64 bit world? I havent got to mess with it much, but I will this week.

no. in extra folder i have only fakesmc and your two injector kexts.

no. in extra folder i have only fakesmc and your two injector kexts.

No, I was saying to move your patched ATIRadeonX1000.kext to your extra's folder, and put the virgin one back in your /System/Library/Extensions folder, and see if it still works. If so, you will have protection against software updates, and be able to boot other drives with Snow Leopard, and keep them Virgin..

I Like the idea of being able to run a usb drive with snowleopard on my latop (Macbook), and then being able to run it on my computer at work. I can even make my UUID the same, so programs will not freak out. (Like Final cut asking for serial number, or Meya, or whatever. )

X1900GT works perfectly with EVOenabler and your kexts

first possibility for this card under snow leopard which i've found

thank you very much! :D

Your Welcome. Once I discovered how to get it to work, I had to share the wealth. I also have streamlined the kext's to be more universal for all x1900 and x1950's. I also tweaked and included the EVOenabler. The DSDT patch is only for those who know what they are doing, and the enabler works fine. I think the DSDT patch makes the computer boot like 1 or 2 seconds faster than using the enabler..

Since yours are working, you don't need to mess with it :)

thanks jaminmc for sharing your own beauty with us. it works on both 32 and 64 bit with injector kext, EFI strings, even with DSDT patch. just works good on my X1950Pro 256MB, Dev. ID 7280.

the only thing went wrong changing from Bronya's kexts to jaminmc's is no return from sleep. except that, everything works fine. So you'd better choose priority between support for 64 bit or sleep feature before the installation.

thanks jaminmc for sharing your own beauty with us. it works on both 32 and 64 bit with injector kext, EFI strings, even with DSDT patch. just works good on my X1950Pro 256MB, Dev. ID 7280.

the only thing went wrong changing from Bronya's kexts to jaminmc's is no return from sleep. except that, everything works fine. So you'd better choose priority between support for 64 bit or sleep feature before the installation.

Yes, I spent a good chunck of the day on friday trying to figure out how to get sleep to work, and had no luck. Since I never use sleep, it doesn't bother me, but I was trying to help all of you out. Allwell :)

hi jaminmc..

I have a little problem.

my 1950pro id 0x7280 works, but no qe/cl and i have Warning in Dektop.

dsdt --> Alopias.

with vanilla ATIRadeonX1000.kext i have CP. With you patched ATIRadeonX1000.kext no qe/cl.

wiht JaminMc-x19x0.kext CP.

In log boot with -v suspect x1000.kext not load. Log wrote that EVOenabler-x19X0.kext : Probing.

ATI1900Support.kext not loaded.