has anyone notice the new name for intels cpu's?

Scothiam

16 posts in this topic

Hey, Has anyone else made the awful conection between Intel supplying chips to Apple, and Intel dropping the pentium moniker for the name, wait for it ... "core" ... oh come on! it's so bad!!! where's the worm?? Okay, i'm done.

• 1 month later...
im french and i think he talks about the new logo for intel etc named : "core" like the heart of the apple...so where is the worm ;)))

yeah, I meant to draw attention to the relation of Core to apple, as in "apple core", and Intels processors now named "Core", now the "core" of "apple" computers...

Oh, and the bit about the worm (also alluding to the organic apple variety), well that was a little bit of 'tongue in cheek', just being a bit naughty, really, ;)

damn I feel silly now.

So, how you all doing? cheers,

;) I actually speak some French ... and I have never had to use the word for "Core" so I have no idea what it is!. According to my translation software it comes out as "le noyau de la pomme" but I have no idea if that's right or not. Peut-etre our Fr. colleagues can advise us?

;) I actually speak some French ... and I have never had to use the word for "Core" so I have no idea what it is!. According to my translation software it comes out as "le noyau de la pomme" but I have no idea if that's right or not. Peut-etre our Fr. colleagues can advise us?

hehehe, my french girlfriend(Lucky me) has just chirped in that apple core translates as "le coeur de pomme" which sort of means 'heart of the apple'. Shame on me for not being up on my french ;)

:D I actually speak some French ... and I have never had to use the word for "Core" so I have no idea what it is!. According to my translation software it comes out as "le noyau de la pomme" but I have no idea if that's right or not. Peut-etre our Fr. colleagues can advise us?
Mais, Je ne sais pas, peut-etre c'est le centre de la pomme? :euro:

hehehe, my french girlfriend(Lucky me) has just chirped in that apple core translates as "le coeur de pomme" which sort of means 'heart of the apple'. Shame on me for not being up on my french :(
Guess I should have read one more before I responded, heart... whouda thought it.