Hacking Leopard GUI

SCARECR0W

225 posts in this topic

These are some really cool docks. How does one go about modifying these? Is it just:

show hidden contents/ and then paste the file resource file?

Also, I did the:

defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES
  killall Dock

how does one go about undoing this? do I need to change YES to NO?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, thanks. Does anyone know how I can return to the old dock(IE the 3D Dock)?

Change YES to NO, like this:

defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean NO
killall Dock

The directions to replace the Dock Package Contents are on the first page of this thread.

Copy the png files into /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources. Then set your dock to the left of your screen, then set the dock to the bottom again, and it will refresh with the new images.

lessew thanks for sharing the dock! u are an awesome artist......just one question I did the above and the dark dock only show when I set the dock to be on the left or the right..but not the bottom. did I miss something?

lessew thanks for sharing the dock! u are an awesome artist......just one question I did the above and the dark dock only show when I set the dock to be on the left or the right..but not the bottom. did I miss something?

Not sure why that's happening. You did replace ALL the dock background png's? Are you running the older dock? I don't know why that's not working for the bottom.

@frankiedp

Thanks. I got the original psd from http://www.hine.org/graphic/2007_10_docks/ . I didn't like how large the edges were, and also didn't like the background. I modified and used the dock background from http://theappleblog.com/2007/10/31/create-...od-custom-dock/

I've also just modified the separator. If you go back and look at the new screenshot I attached to my last post, you'll see it.

Here are the files.

Wood_Small_Edges.zip

I'm running into the same problem. Is the scurve.png file supposed to be renamed 4 times to replace scurve-xl scurve-l scurve-m & scurve-sm?

Yes, scurve-xl scurve-l scurve-m & scurve-sm all need to be replaced. With the final builds of Leopard, they changed it from the one file to four different files.

I don't want to list them all!!! It looks like you've already edited most of them to get the squared corners and black border. You'd just need to re-edit the same files and adjust the interior opacity. Or is that someone else's dock?

Do you want me to list all the files still?

I don't want to list them all!!! It looks like you've already edited most of them to get the squared corners and black border. You'd just need to re-edit the same files and adjust the interior opacity. Or is that someone else's dock?

Do you want me to list all the files still?

well is all i edited for those are the 5 bottom files and it does not change the inside of the dock :/ i must be missing something very obvious?

well is all i edited for those are the 5 bottom files and it does not change the inside of the dock :/ i must be missing something very obvious?

No, you're right. I had edited all the 2D files (for left, right, bottom = 25+ files), but they're apparently only for the border. I have no idea about the interior then, sorry. I wish it was as easy as I had thought. Be nice to change the color too.