The complete semthex kernel bin-patch kit.

Guest BuildSmart

89 posts in this topic

Welcome back maxxuss, and Hi!

I would just like to say (like maxxuss did) that we need to drop this situation. Flaming and arguing has gotten us no where. We need to stop, even with the differences. The whole OSx86 community will die if arguments like these continue to develop.

Stop the fighting

Guest BuildSmart
I have been watching this community for a while now, and all I am able to say, is that I am not impressed. People have spent more time complaining about their work being stolen, than actually doing it. Like now for instance, Buildsmart has released these files, and all he has gotten in return is hostility, not even a thankyou. People calling him a plagiarist, but not once have i read that its his work, on the other hand the AMD patches for the semthex kernel, are based on my older work, i haven't seen much credit, if any to me. But that does not bother me, as he helped the community, like Buildsmart is doing.

The community is supposed to be all about sharing work, thats i what i wanted it to be like. and this community has strayed far from its intended path. Sure some people may not like what Buildsmart, or others have done. But the fact of the matter is, he has done it. And the longer we keep arguing about it, the less work gets done, and the more broken the community gets, the community is already broken enough because of people like OoOoOoO, the same sort of people that made me leave in the first place. Now sure OoOoOoO may hack leopard, but its nothing i couldn't do, or anybody with ASM knowledge couldn't do. We should stop arguing about who "owns" the material and be happy that somebody makes it public, the sooner we can get over these childish arguments, the quicker we can rebuild the community and get ready for the big cat.

Goodbye for now and i hope that all this can just stop

-maxxuss

maxxuss, the patches in the DaemonES 10.4.8 kernel source which were used to make the DaemonES 10.4.9 kernel source there were/are some AMD patches and if these belong to you then you deserve credit since I have included them in the 10.4.9 source and I'm sorry for not recognizing your work and giving credit, I will ammend my original post.

I do have the semthex source but since I have been told not to use the source and instructed not to distribute it I have followed this request out of respect and do find some similarities in some in the code but since I was given the DaemonES kernel source by DaemonES himself who made it public a long time ago I'm able to utilize his code.

Strangely enough before all this started I ask about the semthex source and ask about posting the bin-patch material and no one responded that I couldn't other than a few odd comments that I was lying if I claimed I had it and I waited a considerable amount of time (a day) and what I was told after posting it was that no one really believed I had it so the just ignored me and now they're pissed because I did what I thought was right.

Like you I would like to participate in a community project based on sharing but it seems that not everyone shares this view and re-developing the wheel removes motivational interest to actively develop or participate in the project.

OoOoOoO is netkas, he's burned out the netkas name by spreading lies about people that he had to change his name to get people to talk to him again and has been a contributing factor to the majority of issues around here.

Anyway, if you're interested in getting back into the swing of things I'd be more than happy to work along with you (no credit required) in any way you believe I can assist, no job too small.

A wise post indeed :)

I wonder what netkas will argue about now.

Anyways, i just hope that the fighting stops. Buildsmart has done the right thing, imo.

The issue is netkas continues to claim I stole his work (which isn't his) and the fact is I stole nothing and he can't accept that

no, I want to make sure you have enough skills to talk with you about anything on osx side later.

maxxuss - lol

tooo funny {censored} cmoski.

Guest BuildSmart
no, I want to make sure you have enough skills to talk with you about anything on osx side later.

maxxuss - lol

tooo funny {censored} cmoski.

There you go again accusing someone of something and it is becoming painfully evident that you have issues that require medical attention.

You want to make sure I have enough skills to talk with me, funny but all you have done is whine and complain and make false accusations as you subjected readers to your childish tantrum and have made no effort to determine what skills I have.

You can find public instances where I have contributed to projects (not including my own works) and I can't find anything you've actually done, what I can find about your so called self claimed accomplishments is work that others have done you claim as your own.

You run around telling lies and making public accusations about me plagiarizing other people's work which you cannot show I have done but is the very thing which you are doing and it you only hurt your own credibility in this matter.

What people see in your reaction here is a child having a temper tantrum and the general response is it's the typical behavior expected from netkas.

I'm not interested in stupidity and childish antics and doubtful you will ever offer the public apology I deserve for the false accusations you have made but so far you have proven your lack of skills by plagiarism so I find it difficult to believe we could ever discuss anything programming related where I would feel you capable of comprehending anything I had to say.

Now just a thought crossing the minds of some readers, semthex's sse3 emulator code (he plagiarized it) is 653 lines of text and BuildSmart's is 2420 (with maybe 75 lines at most being comments and non-code) and he used the semthex plagiarized source code as reference material so how can one conclude he plagiarized semthex's work when the work was first plagiarized by semthex and the source content is 400% larger in size and produces a different object file???

If and when you decide to be a man and put away your childish ways, I might have the compassion to accept your public apology but you would have to make a convincing gesture if you expect to be taken seriously.

At this time if you're not making this gesture or apology I recommend you just say nothing unless you have something positive and cheerful to say regarding this post or have a question specifically related to this post, which would look pretty funny if you did since you should know all there is to know about the bin-patch scripts.

Guest BuildSmart
don't write so long posts, i read only first few lines.

netkas, you already look like a fool for making that statement and I'm sorry if you wont read a post that contains more than a couple of lines, here's a word of advice, perhaps you should refrain from responding to anything you don't completely read to avoid looking like more of a fool and responding without acknowledging or addressing specific directives doesn't help you either.

If I completely disable EFI I can get a machine with a Celeron-D to not encounter the "Bus error" so it might be fixed under certain conditions

Err.. yes, if you are using a completely different processor, I thought the problem was with Pentium-Ds?

BTW, maxxuss ^_^ -next we can expect posts from, Muhammad and Buddha.

I have been watching this community for a while now, and all I am able to say, is that I am not impressed. People have spent more time complaining about their work being stolen, than actually doing it. Like now for instance, Buildsmart has released these files, and all he has gotten in return is hostility, not even a thankyou. People calling him a plagiarist, but not once have i read that its his work, on the other hand the AMD patches for the semthex kernel, are based on my older work, i haven't seen much credit, if any to me. But that does not bother me, as he helped the community, like Buildsmart is doing.

The community is supposed to be all about sharing work, thats i what i wanted it to be like. and this community has strayed far from its intended path. Sure some people may not like what Buildsmart, or others have done. But the fact of the matter is, he has done it. And the longer we keep arguing about it, the less work gets done, and the more broken the community gets, the community is already broken enough because of people like OoOoOoO, the same sort of people that made me leave in the first place. Now sure OoOoOoO may hack leopard, but its nothing i couldn't do, or anybody with ASM knowledge couldn't do. We should stop arguing about who "owns" the material and be happy that somebody makes it public, the sooner we can get over these childish arguments, the quicker we can rebuild the community and get ready for the big cat.

Goodbye for now and i hope that all this can just stop

-maxxuss

:(:):hysterical:

Buildsmart has released these files, and all he has gotten in return is hostility, not even a thankyou.

Thank you for posting stolen work without asking the devs!

Guest BuildSmart
Stop the flaming please. Get back to topic... please?

I agree however my time is now being spent on my defense and no one else seems to be talking about anything else in an attempt to assist in getting things back on track.

Guest BuildSmart
:D :D :D

Thank you for posting stolen work without asking the devs!

You really aren't very bright it appears cause your statemnt is incorrect and I'll outline why it's wrong.

I haven't stolen any material, what I have done is posted material that the devs didn't want made public but were too ignorant to tell me this when I asked.

Yes, I did go to the irc and I tried to talk about posting the material, no one responded and told me I had stolen material or not to post the material, after I posted the material I was told no one believed I really had anything which was why I was ignored and since no one told me I couldn't or that it was stolen, I went ahead and posted the material so if you want to blame someone, blame the dev's for not taking me seriously and for not taking the time to have a mature conversation when I approached them.

The longer you try to make me look like the bad guy only hurts the project, the community and mainly the dev's becasue the fact remain unchanged, they screwed up when I tried to talk to them about posting the material and the community benefits by the availability of the material yet you discount this fundamental principle.

This project will advance far more if it is open and shared rather than having to depend on a handful of incompetent people (like netkas) who aren't managing the project properly while only one or two persons really contribute (like mifki).

I think it best that you refrain from posting anything further unless you have something worthwhile and positive to contribute to this topic.

Guest Ramm

Maxxuss is alive, it appears. Welcome back, though I assume you will pop back out for another year and a half on Leopard's release.

First of all: nice Maxxuss impersonation, Kiko. This incident is a new low for the already dubious administration of InsanelyMac.

And to BuildSmart: this drama would have been over months ago if people from your side just dropped it. I believe there's a peace declaration somewhere on pastebin.ca, after which there has been no provocation from netkas and friends.

You made a very questionable decision to post "borrowed" code, and that can't be undone. But if you simply STFU, and start doing some actual "dev work" not based on disassembly or work of others (to add substance to your constant flow of essays alluding to your supposed capabilities and rightness) don't you think that you'll be taken a bit more seriously?

Just drop it, s'il vous plaît. And start churning out some actual work perhaps with the newly *cough* returned Maxxuss. We've yet to see anything from you not based on the work of "unknown authors."

As maxxuss said, the code worked on shouldn't belong to anyone. It's the community's as numerous people have contributed code and been forgotten. By sharing code (ie the linux kernel tree) anyone can have the full sources and make changes, not having to play catch up and wasting time that could be used on new patches. Its plain selfish to accuse BuildSmart of stealing code when it wasn't even entirely yours in the first place. Open Source is meant to allow anyone to take the code and alter it, not for it to be a big competition between devs.

PS. Great to see you maxxuss :pirate2: EDIT: Kiko if that was you, our relationship is OVER >:

:D

Guest Ramm

Kiko, if that was actually you, and if Allah is who I think he is, then you should stop talking to yourself.:pirate2:

Guest BuildSmart
First of all: nice Maxxuss impersonation, Kiko. This incident is a new low for the already dubious administration of InsanelyMac.

And to BuildSmart: this drama would have been over months ago if people from your side just dropped it. I believe there's a peace declaration somewhere on pastebin.ca, after which there has been no provocation from netkas and friends.

You made a very questionable decision to post "borrowed" code, and that can't be undone. But if you simply STFU, and start doing some actual "dev work" not based on disassembly or work of others (to add substance to your constant flow of essays alluding to your supposed capabilities and rightness) don't you think that you'll be taken a bit more seriously?

Just drop it, s'il vous plaît. And start churning out some actual work perhaps with the newly *cough* returned Maxxuss. We've yet to see anything from you not based on the work of "unknown authors."

People from my side??? what the hell are you talking about now???

A peace declaration??? funny but no one has said anything to me about a peace declaration so this is all unsubstantiated news to me and certainly not validated if your group continues to violate the peace agreement you say is in effect.

For there to be any kind of treatty, all parties involved need to agree on those terms and conditions, I see no treaty because no one has ever discussed anything with me, they just continue to attempt to attack me cause I released material I believed should have been openly shared from the beginning and I did it after I tried to discuss it with the devs who didn't believe I had anything or take me seriously.

The fact is that the majority of the code used in the semthex kernel source is borrowed code with some minute exceptions like some maxxuss, mifki and daemones code donations with possibly others but since I don't know who submitted what I can't offer them credit for their work.

I'd like to contribute code snippets however there isn't a project that I can contribute to so any work I am doing is strictly for personal use and satisfies personal needs and not something I'd release publicly.

In the past I've made several offers to contribute code but my offers have been rejected so if you have a complaint take it up with your dev buddies.

I'll tell you what, as soon as the project becomes openly shared (as I believe it should be) I'll submitt every peice of code and snippet I have but I wont be submitting anything to a project that isn't openly shared because I'm not interested in promoting a closed project environment where it's dev's are in it for financial gains and their main reason for keeping it closed is to hold the majority hostage pending financial donations.

Semthex gave out his disassembly generated sse3 source file which was based on a file syntax that isn't compatible with the kernel build process and didn't integrate well which is the real reason it has to be bin-patched and what he did give out which he claimed was the complete source was incomplete, I used that source file and some further disdassembly as a footprint for my current source which is in a different file syntax and is compatible with the kernel build process and does integrate well before I started fixing sections of the code.

I disassembled peices becaue the source he passed out as complete wasn't and the current project maintainers aren't sharing so I had to make a compatible source I could work with and fix and I saw no need to re-invet the wheel.

Unfortunately I don't see an open project I can submit this work too so I'll be hanging on to it until there is one and if there is one you feel is worth looking into please let me know so I can determine if it is worth contributing what I have to it.

maciek, is that you?

finally someone i can understand.

I didnt impersonate anyone, I am maxxuss xD. See, i tried to tell you all on IRC, but noo, not kiko. He cant be maxxuss xD.

That made my day :)

P.S: i want donations now xD

P.P.S: I think you should stop using names from other religions, thats just ignorant

Edit: i just spoke with ramm and asap on irc, they can proove im maxxus

*** Kiko is now known as Maxxuss

proof ^^ xD

Oh dear, another novel of nonsense to parse through.

The bottom line is this: either make a real contribution, or stop bitching and leave. You want people to accommodate you? Then I would suggest you do some work on one of the many, many issues, bugs, or feature requests pertaining to OSx86. What you have "shared" thus far could be considered useful to some, I agree with that. But the means of obtaining it, and your general apathy as to the opinions or thoughts of anyone besides yourself, makes you completely impossible to collaborate with.

Unfortunately I don't see an open project I can submit this work too so I'll be hanging on to it until there is one and if there is one you feel is worth looking into please let me know so I can determine if it is worth contributing what I have to it.

Let me clue you in to a couple things, pal. The community for OSx86 development is nonexistent right now - as many have said, anyone with the faintest shred of sanity has left. Nothing is stopping you from taking the task into your own hands, but what you have done so far is nothing to that effect. Rather than actually developing something, you've endlessly bitched and flamed about you much you hate semthex (for whatever reason, I don't care) and now netkas.

No one cares about personal grudges anymore. The only reason that I even bother to write this post is in the hope that you'll get over your current wave of {censored}-spewing, and contribute in a positive way. Perhaps you're quite capable, but we've yet to see anything to prove it.

P.P.S: I think you should stop using names from other religions, thats just ignorant

BTW: I'm not Mohammad, but I can't say that his name wasn't an inspiration. :) Now excuse me while I go and remove the cancerous tumors of OSx86 from my mind once again.

well, once again, i agree with you. I know you werent mohammed (he couldnt even spell it right). But yeah basically, all this bitching its just sad, ive kept out of it (in this thread at least) mostly. I actually agree with all your points made.

P.S: find something to do this summer, stay away from the pc, osx86 is more addictive than any soap opera or coccaine. Save yourself, for me, well. Its just to late. Or come onto irc, i have some quite interesting things to show you (not osx86 related) :)

I think a mod should close this thread, its duty has been served (it carried the patcher, but all thats happened is bitching which shows hows stupid one (or both) the sides are.

Guest BuildSmart
Oh dear, another novel of nonsense to parse through.

The bottom line is this: either make a real contribution, or stop bitching and leave. You want people to accommodate you? Then I would suggest you do some work on one of the many, many issues, bugs, or feature requests pertaining to OSx86. What you have "shared" thus far could be considered useful to some, I agree with that. But the means of obtaining it, and your general apathy as to the opinions or thoughts of anyone besides yourself, makes you completely impossible to collaborate with.

Let me clue you in to a couple things, pal. The community for OSx86 development is nonexistent right now - as many have said, anyone with the faintest shred of sanity has left. Nothing is stopping you from taking the task into your own hands, but what you have done so far is nothing to that effect. Rather than actually developing something, you've endlessly bitched and flamed about you much you hate semthex (for whatever reason, I don't care) and now netkas.

No one cares about personal grudges anymore. The only reason that I even bother to write this post is in the hope that you'll get over your current wave of {censored}-spewing, and contribute in a positive way. Perhaps you're quite capable, but we've yet to see anything to prove it.

BTW: I'm not Mohammad, but I can't say that his name wasn't an inspiration. :) Now excuse me while I go and remove the cancerous tumors of OSx86 from my mind once again.

oui you're too funny.

Novel, if the current dev people involved in this attack were intelligent enough an explanation wouldn't be necesary but as long as they are trying to misrepresent and lie about what I have done or my intentions I'm left with no choice but to clean up their {censored} and defend my actions.

Oh, asking me to participate and fix something, I'll jump on that offer right now, I'll gladly work on an issue as soon as I can obtain the source so I don't have to waste time reinventing the wheel.

The community doesn't exist because those with the code aren't openly sharing it but since you taken it upon yourself to act as a spokesperson and have asked me to participate and produce something, as soon as you provide the code I'll get to work on fixing something as my free time permits.

How about you click on the Maxxuss name in his post and show ALL posts. You look retarded trying to imply its a Maxxuss impersonation when it is quite clearly his account used to make this posts. The history of the posts under that name is very obviously the original Maxxuss. Of course its possibly a hacked account but you are all making Kiko out to be a brilliant hacker, hes hacked IRC servers, web servers and now this forum! Neo has nothing on Kiko!

I used to have some respect for Netkas but it is blindly obvious now that he is not interested in furthering this community, he just wants all the glory over controlling the source code. Not even taking the time to read BuildSmart's post and then flaming him because it was too long just shows how immature and childish he is. He goes on and on about the "stolen" code. How about just dropping it and moving on! Its out there, its not going to be removed from the Internet now.

Its time to get a clean, fully featured, kernel source code out that can be used as a new baseline. Something anybody can grab hold of to use to improve the kernel. No limitations or select group of people in control. True open source. BuildSmart seems to be the closest in producing something like this and hopefully all this negativity doesn't cause him to give up. I appreciate the effort hes put in and while it seems to be a thankless task I am certain there are other readers out there who appreciate the work hes done so far. Thanks again BuildSmart.

Guest BuildSmart
How about you click on the Maxxuss name in his post and show ALL posts. You look retarded trying to imply its a Maxxuss impersonation when it is quite clearly his account used to make this posts. The history of the posts under that name is very obviously the original Maxxuss. Of course its possibly a hacked account but you are all making Kiko out to be a brilliant hacker, hes hacked IRC servers, web servers and now this forum! Neo has nothing on Kiko!

I used to have some respect for Netkas but it is blindly obvious now that he is not interested in furthering this community, he just wants all the glory over controlling the source code. Not even taking the time to read BuildSmart's post and then flaming him because it was too long just shows how immature and childish he is. He goes on and on about the "stolen" code. How about just dropping it and moving on! Its out there, its not going to be removed from the Internet now.

Its time to get a clean, fully featured, kernel source code out that can be used as a new baseline. Something anybody can grab hold of to use to improve the kernel. No limitations or select group of people in control. True open source. BuildSmart seems to be the closest in producing something like this and hopefully all this negativity doesn't cause him to give up. I appreciate the effort hes put in and while it seems to be a thankless task I am certain there are other readers out there who appreciate the work hes done so far. Thanks again BuildSmart.

You're welcome Dense, I agree, I'm just waiting for the source as oui has asked me to contribute cause reinventing the wheel isn't appealing.

I have some code that I believe could be beneficial to the project in an open environment and the DaemonES source I do have is incomplete cause he never provided his complete source as promised so all I can do is sit back and wait for the community to realize that open is the way to go and that asking for money like netkas is doing (following in semthex's foot-steps it seems) to develop the project isn't helping the community at all and is more like holding it for ransom.

There have been posts that insanelymac.com sold out because it's making money from advertisers however it's these advertisers that are actually helping the community because they provide a means to keep the place alive but it does it in such a way that it doesn't interfere with the spirit of the community and financially it makes good business sense.

If they think 50k a year is a killing or is money made from the developers work they are sadly mistaken, the business model in practice here has nothing to do with the kernel development and doesn't interfere with it's development.

While I don't frequent hacint0sh.org because it's a biased environment in my opinion it doesn't appear to be doing much in the way of helping the community other than giving the current developers a place to go and talk about others behind their backs.