846 replies to this topic

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
dv6-6020el uses bios http://bizsupport1.a...EnvOID=4062#120
F.1B (31 Oct 2011) Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) File name: sp55068.exe (5.0 MB)

Recovery filenames are:
HEWLETT-PACKARD\BIOS\Current\01658.bin

take out batery and power and hard disk .. make fat32 usb with the file in said folder ExacT CapITalization
put usb in ..
(insyde efi bios recovery)
Hold down <windows> key + <B> OR <Fn> + <Esc>,
Plug In the Ac Power adapter, wait about 3-5 secs
Press the power button
Now release the buttons.
It takes about 2-3 minutes and notebook powers down itself.

(NOTE: In order to initiate this BIOS recovery, "Window Key + B" must be pressed during powering on the system. BIOS recovery can be manually forced by pressing and holding the 4 arrow keys and pressing the power button.)

might need usb floppy. but doubt it this should work in usb thumbdrive

gabrielepizza2010

gabrielepizza2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Ok i did the following...
- Removed AC adapter
- Removed battery
- Removed Bios battery
Waited about 20 seconds
Plugged everything in again
Bios started but gave me checksum error
Then bios reboot and start ok
But everytime i enter the bios or everytime i reboot under Mac OS i have to repeat this procedure
Any idea?
Thank you very much

P.S. Mod is working right i plugged in Atheros wireless card and now i have wireless

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
no need to take out bios battery.. regular battery is what u need to remove to recover bios..
seems u recovered already..
ask in bios-mods about
F.1B (31 Oct 2011) Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) File name: sp55068.exe (5.0 MB)

the checksum error is likely a reset cause of dsdt needs to be fixed

does it do it when u restart or only shutdown? have u used a dsdt for it ?

flash original bios and take card out and test.

gabrielepizza2010

gabrielepizza2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
It's a problem that always occur when the machine loads bios, both when i turn off then when i restart.

Under W7 if i don't enter the Bios, it seems to work properly (i only made a pair of attempts but, when i restarted, machine loaded bios regularly), if i try to change something the checksum error appears again...

I also tried under W7 to flash original Bios and everything was ok (i entered the bios made some change and it restarted again as usual, but, obviously, i had to remove wifi card). I don't know what will happen if i flash bios at startup if something will change. Another thing i could try is to downgrade the bios to modded version of f.1A, but i don't know if it will work... What do you think about these solution? Could they be useful?

I had DSDT and i tried to remove it from the bootloader to see what happens, and nothing happened, everytime I had to remove both the batteries (if i only take out regular battery nothing happens), waiting 20-30 sec, etc...
I also tried the procedure described here ( http://www.tonymacx8...p?f=169&t=25614 ) and after i tried to load SL AppleRTC.kext with no results.
I have to say that in my DSDT i only changed the audio configuration and i thought it was useful for it but when i removed DSDT everything was working properly even audio...
I don't know what to do about it and in bios-mods i have a thread opened ( http://www.bios-mods...n-HP-dv6-6020el ) but nobody till know answered...
Anyway I will wait patiently for some help
Thanks

P.S. Attached there are the two version of the DSDT (before and after Bios modding (only extracted with DSDTSE and not modified)) I don't know if this could be helpful for you to understand my problem

Attached Files

• Attached File  DSDT.zip   58.55KB   3 downloads

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
checksum error is a known issue with some of the new hp bios.

gabrielepizza2010

gabrielepizza2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

checksum error is a known issue with some of the new hp bios.

Yes i read some topics about it, but i can't understand why in W7 i don't have this problem if i don't enter the bios... maybe you were right when you said that it's a DSDT problem...

evilouse

evilouse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a question this code ven id : 8086 : dev id 1c20 is ALC889 or not?

gabrielepizza2010

gabrielepizza2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

I have a question this code ven id : 8086 : dev id 1c20 is ALC889 or not?

http://www.pcidatabase.com/
8086 i remember is Intel's vendor ID
You can also use this program attached
Bye

Attached Files

gabrielepizza2010

gabrielepizza2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Yes i read some topics about it, but i can't understand why in W7 i don't have this problem if i don't enter the bios... maybe you were right when you said that it's a DSDT problem...

OK i SOLVED insydeH2O modded bios restarting failure using ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext now pc reboot normally!!! :D Hope to help somebody whit this info!!!!

marcussebe

marcussebe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I have a mini PCI-e BCM4311, but in lion don't work?!? It is compatible with airport?!?!?

I replace IO80211Family with 10.6.7. The kext appleAirPortBrcm4311 is load, but it does not work!!

can you help me?

gabrielepizza2010

gabrielepizza2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

I have a mini PCI-e BCM4311, but in lion don't work?!? It is compatible with airport?!?!?
I replace IO80211Family with 10.6.7. The kext appleAirPortBrcm4311 is load, but it does not work!!

can you help me?

Ok find the dev ID (vendor+product ID) of your pci and then open IO80211Family, go in contents/plugins and look in the info file of the broadcom plugins in mine there are 2 broadcom plugins, open the info.plist of those kext and find the one that has inside device that more looks like your devID, then simply add your devID in the info.plist rebuild with kext wizard and reboot...
With mine atheros worked well...
Let me know if it works...
Bye
G.

marcussebe

marcussebe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Ok find the dev ID (vendor+product ID) of your pci and then open IO80211Family, go in contents/plugins and look in the info file of the broadcom plugins in mine there are 2 broadcom plugins, open the info.plist of those kext and find the one that has inside device that more looks like your devID, then simply add your devID in the info.plist rebuild with kext wizard and reboot...
With mine atheros worked well...
Let me know if it works...
Bye
G.

my dev ID is 14e4,4312 and in AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext is present, but don't work. The kext is loaded!!!!!

Any news?

gabrielepizza2010

gabrielepizza2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

my dev ID is 14e4,4312 and in AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext is present, but don't work. The kext is loaded!!!!!

Any news?

As i said, try in

IO80211Family/contents/plugins/Broadcom(SOMETHING)/info.plist i just added the ID of my device in there -> kext wizard -> reboot -> and wireless started to work. if not try to remove other extra kext you installed before... it have to work cause if i don't remember wrong your pci it's native

Amit Meena

Amit Meena

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Any news?

i also have this same card with same dev id.........but it don't work.......i have tried so many methods........i have heard that it works for some people but not for everyone

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
or tape pin 20

also if using no smbios.plist with macbook5,2 or 5,1 then it might not work (chameleon defaulted to macbookpro4,1) which has been sabbotaged in 10.6.8 or lion with _UID issue of pciroot

Amit Meena

Amit Meena

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
yeah lots of people advised me to tape the pin 20, but i never tried it..........may be he can try and it will work for him.........good luck.....:)

marcussebe

marcussebe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

or tape pin 20

also if using no smbios.plist with macbook5,2 or 5,1 then it might not work (chameleon defaulted to macbookpro4,1) which has been sabbotaged in 10.6.8 or lion with _UID issue of pciroot

My smbio.plist is MacBook4,1 .... if I tape pin 20, the wifi work??

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
if dsdt doesnt have issues with dsdt

Device (PCI0) _UID, 0x00 (needs to be 0x00 or Zero not 0x01 or One)
Pro4,1 doesnt work on most cases plain not pro does.. most of times.. try 5,2 not pro

TheAngel84

TheAngel84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi to all, i have tried the script but nothing is changed...i have a bcm94312hmgb on a hp mini311c-1010sl...only wifi problem :-(
can anyone help me??

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Hi to all, i have tried the script but nothing is changed...i have a bcm94312hmgb on a hp mini311c-1010sl...only wifi problem :-(
can anyone help me??

half size uses different chipset and rom so it wont work.. = device id 4727.. good luck nobody got it to work yet = get a different card.
try AR5b91 half size from ebay however u likely have a whitelist in bios.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy