Leopard for the Hackingtosh ?

ipguy

33 posts in this topic

I've got a Mac Pro & a Hackintosh. The principle here is trying to do something that should not, or "cannot" be done - it is a challenge to make Mac OS or Leopard run on a Dell, for instance. Though it is probably impossible to know for certain, I would guess that a certain percentage of the dramatic increase in Mac sales can be directly attributed to folks building Hackintoshes, finding that they love working with this OS, and buying a "real" Mac.

I've sold both my old PC laptop and PC desktop and gotten a 20inch refurbished iMac and a refurbished MacBook Pro to replace them, as a result of my experience using hackintosh. For those like me who can't afford brandnew, or are too cheap to buy brand new Macs, I suggest getting a refurbed machine from the Apple Store. You also get the same one year warranty with it as you would with a new machine.

Apple refurbs here.

• 2 weeks later...
BUY A MAC!!!!!

I hate this hackintosh {censored}. Buy a freakin mac.

Spoken like a true idiot on a forum that was founded based solely around the idea of running OS X on unsupported hardware. Go to Spymac, people like you aren't wanted here.