• Please log in to reply
482 replies to this topic

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Trust me, guys, we've tried everything. The Xpress 200 is just too different in the memory controller area.

philtr

philtr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That's really a shame. Not on you. But it's definitely disappointing.

dtdesign

dtdesign

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
here my report for x200m might help!.. check it out guy!
Attached File  x200mReports.rar   3.63KB   557 downloads

Name ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series
Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc
Device ID 0x5950
Vendor ID 0x1002
Class Code 0x060000
Revision ID 0x10
Subsystem ID 0x30ae
Subsystem vendor ID 0x103c

for more dl attachments... hope this help out

Prasys

Prasys

Cheese Cheese cheese

• Retired Developers
  • 338 posts
Sorry guys , been busy with AppleACPI Project , that is getting sleep to work and other power management stuff. This is going to be IMPOSSIBLE , let me say it

Firstly its mainly because Apple's OS does not support 'Shared Memory Architecture '. For example , HyperMemory. It only works with Intel's Standard stuff. So we need to get the root of OSX aka the Quartz stuff and rewrite it back to support. Apple is certainly not giving us the source

Secondly , the GPU uses the CPU to do many of OpenGL Calculations. (If you have noticed that is)

domeproject

domeproject

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Sorry guys , been busy with AppleACPI Project , that is getting sleep to work and other power management stuff. This is going to be IMPOSSIBLE , let me say it

Firstly its mainly because Apple's OS does not support 'Shared Memory Architecture '. For example , HyperMemory. It only works with Intel's Standard stuff. So we need to get the root of OSX aka the Quartz stuff and rewrite it back to support. Apple is certainly not giving us the source

Secondly , the GPU uses the CPU to do many of OpenGL Calculations. (If you have noticed that is)

There are some chipsets that have dedicated memory beside the shared one, like the Radeon X1150 (my case) wich has 128 MB dedicated + 128 MB Shared...well we can live without the shared one, it would be even better, because many users prefer more system memory against shared VRAM.

domeproject

domeproject

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
is it dead?
i,ve heard about a linux driver release, could that be useful somehow?

errandwolfe

errandwolfe

Usurper of Wilson, King of Prussia

• Donators
  • 1,429 posts
Dome,
I hate to say it, but unfortunately not. Remember that the main problem is enabling Quartz Extreme and Core Image. Those are two very unique video rendering systems that OS X uses. Trust me if the Linux driver could have been ported it would have been done long ago. I finally gave up on my x200 laptop to go for one with a GMA950 built in. The main problem is that the memory architecture on the x200 is extremely unique and from my understanding there is no way to get OS X to address it properly.

festerus

festerus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Vista is translating all OpenGL actions to Direct3D. Is there any way how to program this for Mac OS?? OpenGL games / programs runs smoothly on Vista with x200M because of this...

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
What good would that do? We still need an accelerated driver in order to get any of this working. No acceleration = no joy. Period.

N!CK

N!CK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Drums, Computers, Cars, Car Stereo
i stumbled across this a little late... me and my gateway notebook now sob ;) But i still hae my intel chipped system running 10.4.7 better than the MB, so its all good...

denalijb

denalijb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
How about we move on to the newer x1250/RS690 chipsets. These will replace the x200. All of HP's new AMD laptops have them such as the 6715b.... the newer 6125 and 6325

vbetts

vbetts

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
The Xpress200 is the X300 core, that is forced shared memory, slower clock, and only 2 pixel pipelines. I'm no driver developer for osx86, but I beleive that if it had 4 pixel pipe lines like the X300 has, then this would probably progress driver support for the xpress200.

leandrocassi

leandrocassi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there, need some help im kind of a newbie on this....I installed Jas 10.4.8 SSE2 SSE3 PPF1+PPF2, it installs fine, but after rebooting the screen gets stuck on the apple logo, then music starts and theres a voice that gives kinda tutorial stuff, i hear the sound when pressing keys I can even use the volume controls from the laptop and mute as well.........tried -v and got same results but no apple logo just prompt, the last line reads: localhost config[53]: NoAirPort Driver Found. The video is ATI X 200M. I know that my laptop should work acording to ECL, here are the specs:
COMPAQ WM5305US - the $375 walmart laptop, yes!!!!
AMDSempron 2.0Ghz
1Gb RAM
ATI X200M Card

Please help me with this one, I already installed for different versions and patches and still cant get it to work...

Mac Fanatic

Mac Fanatic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I'm new here and if you all could try to get the 10.4.7 Xpress 200M to work, or at least put more effort into the project then some of us with widescreen laptops won't be bored to death of a too wide 1024x768 and I won't be able to get another laptop for a couple years. I got the laptop a bit before Vista came out so by now some of you could be able to crack it. Here's my System Hardware Information

OS's (Yes Multiple): Windows Server 2008 Beta 3, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows XP Professional, Mac OS X 10.4.7
Memory (RAM): 1022 MB
CPU: AMD Turion64 Mobile Technology
SSE2\SSE3 Compatibility

Please continue the project! My computer will need this or I will have to get my grandmother mac on her's.

enzobelmont

enzobelmont

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Hey, I'm new here and if you all could try to get the 10.4.7 Xpress 200M to work, or at least put more effort into the project then some of us with widescreen laptops won't be bored to death of a too wide 1024x768 and I won't be able to get another laptop for a couple years. I got the laptop a bit before Vista came out so by now some of you could be able to crack it. Here's my System Hardware Information

OS's (Yes Multiple): Windows Server 2008 Beta 3, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows XP Professional, Mac OS X 10.4.7
Memory (RAM): 1022 MB
CPU: AMD Turion64 Mobile Technology
SSE2\SSE3 Compatibility

Please continue the project! My computer will need this or I will have to get my grandmother mac on her's.

you shouldnottalkabouteffort,c'monthisf**ingchipsetisanightmare,youcantrytosetupthistoyourpr
pperdisplay
resolutionbutnomore. search in forums how to do it, bot no QE/CI.

Please do not post this kind of petitions.

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
hi,
sorry for the off-topic , but since radeon xpress 200m is not officially supported by apple , is there also a procedure that i could try to get an ati radeon x2300 to work at least for having a 1280x800 resolution ? For the moment QE & CI is not important , but the full resolution size yes , it is important...

So, is there any general procedure that i could try to get an ati radeon x2300 working? Or any other suggestion is welcome (to change video card is not the best solution for me atm :whistle: ).

Thanks!
Mal

riws

riws

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,081 posts
Isnt the x2300 a renamed x1300?
If so, then the usual way will help you, Natit

manmal

manmal

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
hi riws,
thanks for your reply .
I tried successfully to do "the usual way" (i think you mean replacing kexts) with a geforce 7300 & geforce 7600 but i don't know which kexts to modify with ati cards. I tried to modify just the atiradeonx1x00 kext with my devID but my system crashes. I even tried callisto old versions , but it still lets my system crash. Removing such kext system goes perfect. I don't know what may i try .
I just need 1280x800 resolution, no QE & CI for the moment ... just 1280x800 resolution.
Please help me ! :pirate2:
Mal

riws

riws

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,081 posts
http://forum.insanel...o...7&hl=natit#

http://forum.insanel...o...75&hl=natit
Trie it with your hw ID's. Extract with pacifist firt.

But how is it with external Dispaly?

enzobelmont

enzobelmont

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
please let this thread die, untill anybody brings good news!!!

my hope rises and fades everytime i check a new post in this thread

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy