RME HDSP MacOSX (x86) drivers released

Cebit

151 posts in this topic

RME has released a new driver that seems to work with "not officially supported PCI equiped intel macs"...

seems your work made them awake... :)

Gui, have you tried this new RME driver? I hate to mess with a good thing... But even if these drivers are fine, we owe 0xdeadbeef gratitude for getting them to play ball. I love the net :)

I still think we have to give RME some credit for generally listening to their customers and for supporting their older hardware more than most hardware companies I know. It's still one of the best equipment investments I've ever made.

• 1 month later...
I note some people have the HDSP 9632 working but has anybody got the HDSP 9652 working ok? Dont want to blow my money only to be disappointed. Thanks

I'll make tests maybe next week, but it should work perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

HDSP9652 working perfectly here down to 128samples latency. Asus P5b Deluxe motherboard. In fact my band has two of these computers, identical, both are working 100%, core2duo 2.66ghz.

HDSP9652 is smoking in Logic8, Digital Performer at crazy low latency, in fact, blowing the dual booted Windows partition out of the water for low latency/multiclient stability. Now there's a thing!

This is a very very good card for a Hackintosh.

p.s. v16 driver crackled for me too, it's v17 that is 100% perfect, no patches of any sort required here.

I'm just trying to play one stereo audio track in an otherwise empty project :(

Does the Multiface work properly? If you set your main OSX sound card in the system Preferences as the Multiface, and play a sound file using Quicktime, does it sound ok? Can you properly control all parameters of your sound card via Totalmix?

Assuming your card is ok, then, it's probably your version of Logic, or something wonky or not up-to-date with your system... could be a lot of things... :wacko: Did you update to Quicktime 7.2? Logic 8 requires this.

Also, try another DAW, like the Reaper Beta or some other audio shareware or freeware and see if the system works ok with that. Then at least you'll know it's a Logic issue.

Actually I found this thread that could be of interest to you. Seems like others have experienced this as well. You might want to post there...

One last thing: when I updated from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9, I remember that I had to subsequently replace the 10.4.9 kernel for another because the CPU speed wasn't being detected properly. I think that's mentioned in the above quoted thread. It makes sense that it could be an issue with a time-sensitive application. See if your CPU speed is being reported accurately.

Update - Just followed PCWZ's guide to revert the Kernel back to 10.4.8 & it seems to have worked perfectly.

I owe you a pint Limini - cheers! :)

EDIT: Now I can't mount DMGs ;) none of the fixes I've found around here seem to help.

I've now re-installed 10.4.8 but Logic8 requires 10.4.9 :angel:

• 4 weeks later...
I'm looking into getting an HDSP 9632 but I'm afraid the "not officially supported PCI equiped intel macs" will not be supported in future upgrades....

Most modern PC mobos have a free PCIe slot: if you have one, consider getting the PCIe card - then you shouldn't have driver worries - at least with the RME drivers :D

Most modern PC mobos have a free PCIe slot: if you have one, consider getting the PCIe card - then you shouldn't have driver worries - at least with the RME drivers :(

I'm thinking its going to be over priced (specially when on top of the card I need to get the cables and the I/O cards separate) . If they would retire the one the have and price the new one around the same as the PCI than it would be acceptable.

Hello everyone, I have made a deal with some to trade my FW 410 and Pro Tools M-Powered (and a couple of other things) for their HDSP 9632. Now my questions are the following: 1 Can I flash the card with the software RME provides from my hackintosh? 2. Which is the file that has the driver (hdsp_171_x86.gz)?

-Thank You,

Fabricio