147 replies to this topic

limini

limini

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Woohooo! Yes!

Brilliant, 0xdeadbeef! Many many thanks for this. I used the patch for my Multiface/PCI, and just tried it out with Logic and it works perfectly!

Will advise here if I run into issues. Thanks again!

:yoji:

0xdeadbeef

0xdeadbeef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Thanks man :-)

Here's the working MADI version,then

Attached Files

safnight

safnight

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hooooo
I thank U Very Very Much
U're killing me :)

Thanks a lot. I'll pray for U :D
Regards

SAfnight

kejkz

kejkz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Great work 0xdeadbeef

I've haven't enough time these days to work with osx, but today I was pleasantly surprised.
Your patch works out of the box with my Hdsp9632 pci card

Thank you very much for your effort!

livewireuk

livewireuk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
0xdeadbeef I noticed in your sig that you have RME cardbus working in osx86, I have a ricoh pci cardbus card in my desktop and a ricoh cardbus device in my ibm x60 notebook ( Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II ) can you please explain to me how you got this to work in osx and what driver you used to get the rme cardbus recognized and talking to your multiface.

Your help is greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

mr_chombee

mr_chombee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Hi all,

Unfortunately I've got a few minor problems with the driver. Can anyone help out? The driver works great right after applying the patch itself, but as soon as I open terminal and enter the commands mentioned in the installation instructions, the multiface loses contact and indicates a host error (after reboot).

This is not a huge problem at all as the patch even works without going through the additional steps, but anytime I try to set a sample rate higher than 48khz in Ableton Live, I get a kernel panic. Switching between 44.1 and 48khz however works fine. I can set a higher sample rate in AudioMidiSetup and run iTunes, but as soon as I reboot, it reverts to 48khz.

Is everyone else able to use higher sample rates than 48khz?

I was wondering if this is somehow related to the incomplete installation? Why does the stuff I type in Terminal not work? The following part in the installation instructions is still a bit unclear to me:

sudo ./bspatch /System/Library/Extensions/HammerfallDSP.kext/Contents/MacOs/HammerfallDSP \
/System/Library/Extensions/HammerfallDSP.kext/Contents/MacOs/HammerfallDSP ./HDSPPCI.patch

Is there a space between the backslash and the slash? Or should I type
".../HammerfallDSP \/System/..."
??

Looks somehow strange to me. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. I run 10.4.8 Semthex kernel by the way.

Many many thanks to 0xdeadbeef for the hack. Great work!!

Edit: This is a HDSP Multiface + PCI card by the way

kejkz

kejkz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Hm, strange, I haven't even tried applying that patch from the command line, but everything works exactly as it should. I've just tried this patch with 10.4.9 tubgirl AMD sse2 kernel, and every samplerate works :(

Maybe you are using autosync? Try to switch multiface to master clock...

If you still have problems, try to uninstall and then reinstall patch. As far as I see, you typed this command well...

Good luck

mr_chombee

mr_chombee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Thanks Kejkz. I already tried switching it to master clock, but no difference at all. Reinstalled the driver/patch, repaired permissions etc. I'm almost at my wits' end. I could only think of a conflict between the formerly installed Fireface400 driver. I had to remove the FF400 MIDI driver, otherwise my MIDI setup wouldn't load. Maybe there's an issue with the other audio driver as well.

I'll give this a shot next time I'm at the studio. I may as well put the HDSP into another hackintosh just to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help so far.

0xdeadbeef

0xdeadbeef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
You shouldn't apply the command-line patch at all... that is for people that run opendarwin, not OSX.

livewireuk

livewireuk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Nice one 0xdeadbeef :( ;) :)

I got my Multiface running via the cardbus interface thanks to your patch.

Never thought Id get this going without buying the HDSPe card and never expected to get it working on my laptop . Great news for RME owners.

w00t.

gui

gui

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
RME has released a new driver that seems to work with "not officially supported PCI equiped intel macs"...

seems your work made them awake...:)

limini

limini

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

RME has released a new driver that seems to work with "not officially supported PCI equiped intel macs"...

seems your work made them awake... :)

Gui, have you tried this new RME driver? I hate to mess with a good thing... But even if these drivers are fine, we owe 0xdeadbeef gratitude for getting them to play ball. I love the net :)

I still think we have to give RME some credit for generally listening to their customers and for supporting their older hardware more than most hardware companies I know. It's still one of the best equipment investments I've ever made.

0xdeadbeef

0xdeadbeef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I think they were smart to do this because a lot of laptop owners will be using expresscard->cardbus adapters anyway. Well done RME. My order for PCIe will be in the post as soon as i get the $$$ haha.

kejkz

kejkz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
haha :( great news. I'll try it, but it all worked well even with patch :D

0xdeadbeef

0xdeadbeef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Reporting back: New driver works 100% here :(

kejkz

kejkz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Yep, it works!

Cebit

Cebit

Bipolar Soup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:*nix, Music Production, swimming, watching HD movies, Anime
Hi the driver worx just fine here as well.

The patch worx just fine too :(

ultrajv

ultrajv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I came late to the party but now RME have released new drivers : HDSP 17x86 - they work fine now.

spfatpipe

spfatpipe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I note some people have the HDSP 9632 working but has anybody got the HDSP 9652 working ok? Dont want to blow my money only to be disappointed. Thanks

kejkz

kejkz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

I note some people have the HDSP 9632 working but has anybody got the HDSP 9652 working ok? Dont want to blow my money only to be disappointed. Thanks

I'll make tests maybe next week, but it should work perfectly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy