DO YOU HATE your PC ? (non APPLE)

retroz

37 posts in this topic

Fine, well just wait till you try Vista, run into DRm problems, pop ups for everything you do, so you disable and poof, along come the virus' and this does not include how fast OSX boots up plus the SUITE of software that comes with OSX vs MSFT. Bios is like so old dude. The only good thing I found in vista were two things, 1) Search (which should be on top right, not bottom left) 2) That you can connect a network and or network printer without using and having to set up the ip address. Something that MAC does very well and from the articles Ive read, the new MAC OS due out in the 2nd half of this year will apparent;t eclipse Vista huge and make Vista look bloated even more so, which it is. Then there is the dreaded .dll file, for servers, they use UNIX, not MSFT, sure maybe in house networks, but its UNIX, all major ISP's use UNIX. So its more than just preferences.

You would think with Apple releasing OS's every year, now releasing new products as fast as I can ever remember that Vista should have been a WOW, it is not, is is a NULL.

If Apple comes out with dumping GMA and moving to a price point GAP with decent GAMING RIG at a reasonable price, I say they gain even more market share.

05 3%, 2006 6% with 50% being switchers.

All apple needs to do is update the GMA to a ATI or NVIDIA in all products lines and reduce the prices and they will garner the gaming (HUGE MONEY SEGMENT) and double there market share in no time.

Word to the wise, with iPHONE 200+ patients, jolining forces with Yahoo and GOOGLE, being #4 overall in music (online distribution), Apple getting Emagic Logic, and Final Cut pro, if your in the entertainment or graphic arts business, time to learn a Mac. Apple dumped the word computer in their name, it is much more now that just computers. Apple is going to get more and more market share and Vista will leave a sour taste in some peoples mouths.......and soon Apple will be everywhere.

Just my .02 cents.

Oh and CoreAudio blows away Microsofts audio drivers. It just does.

You still need to take 2-5 steps to apples 1-2 steps (clicks) to accomplish many things and Vista has been five whole years and there is nothing breakthough at all and now, Apple has the fastest computers. If they add overclocking for the enthusiast, gaming, its over. Apple will win.

And this my friend is not personal preferences, this is business and Apple means it.

look for 10% by end of 2007.

;)

heh, now thats a faboy who doesnt know what hes talking about, vista is good, id use it more if i could be bothered to find a crack for it, sur emac os is nice i like it. but u have to remmeber, apple is still mainly a hardware company. they dont allow u to buy parts and build ur own pc, or mod it as that would be a warranty void. I like both, but still, its personal preference.

edit: i just realised, i have 1337 posts ;)

I love pc's. The only unstable thing I can find is unstable users lol.

But honestly - It is more enjoyable sometimes to be working with os x- its just more fun LoL.

The only time I've ever had any errors is when I goofed something up myself. But PC's have always been good, and as far as I'm concerned there isn't any difference between a PC and MAC other than an OS =0P

You are the perfect example. I never expected a guy to prove so many of my points...

Most of your complaints come from lack of Knowledge.

REALLY, WELL, I said wayyy back Apple would go x86 long before this even existed, I also said SUN would use AMD and that RAMBUS would be a BUST.

Apple has dropped the COMPUTER in their name, there stock is soaring as we type.

OSX is better and the newer 10.5 will leapfrog Vista.

You can not argue that 50% of new MAC buyers were switchers. This is business!

Deal with it.

PC=.dll hell.

LOL

Oh and 20 total posts? Do you work for MSFT?

;)

I LOVE MY HACKINTOSH !!

because i'm a computer enthusiast, and i like that work what apple did for me, when biulding a MAC PRO, and i think what i'll get one in future.

i mean i love to choose components and build a system with my own hands, quality components.

now i've build a perfect system, install OSX on it (single boot) and i love my Hackintosh at all.

here is my specs.

mobo: Intel D975XBX2 (aka Bad Axe 2)
cpu: Xeon 3050 @ 3.0 Ghz (fsb=375 MHz * 8 = 3000)
cooler: TT Big Typhoon
memory: 2*512 mb Kingston PC2-6400 @ 752 Mhz, 4-4-4-9 (reference freq. 266 Mhz, memory Freq 533 Mhz (1:1))
gpu: XFX GeForce 7300 GT
hdd's: seagate 200gb pata 7200.7, 250 gb sata 7200.10
psu: FSP 550-80 gln
case: nexus breeze silent case (really silent !!!)
all fans changed to: 3*GlacialTech GT-1225D00 bulk (for TT Big Typhoon + psu + for hdd's)
mouse: logitech mx310
kb: apple pro keyboard
sound: Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1
Screens: Apple Cinema Display 23'', Nec 1560 VM (both calibrated with Spyder 2 Pro)

Edited by boo50

retroz, your posts are so narrow minded, and as he said, lack any fact behind it. wow, PC=Dell Hell, well you dumbass, your mac is a PC, like do you even know what PC stands for, and u said way baclk then apple would go x86, bravo, im sure your not the only one, do you think saying those things, i.e: how well u are able to predict what will happen with computers is a sign of ur knowledge, obviously not, and of the 20 posts he has posted, bah, who cares about posts, most likely half of urs are dumb ones, in the thunderdome and stuff. geez, just grow up.

retroz, your posts are so narrow minded, and as he said, lack any fact behind it. wow, PC=Dell Hell, well you dumbass, your mac is a PC, like do you even know what PC stands for, and u said way baclk then apple would go x86, bravo, im sure your not the only one, do you think saying those things, i.e: how well u are able to predict what will happen with computers is a sign of ur knowledge, obviously not, and of the 20 posts he has posted, bah, who cares about posts, most likely half of urs are dumb ones, in the thunderdome and stuff. geez, just grow up.

Hey, he started it! LOL

Anyway, this got way off topic. Vista stinks, was playing around with it today, and yes, I know what PC stands for, in fact I am an EE graduate, as well as in Chemistry and Micro photolithography (clean room wafer fab technology).

And I said PC=dll hell, not DELL as in brand but .dll files, you know, the extensions that runs the MS programs.

The point of this post was to see how many after using a HACK dreaded using a PC and it seems the majority DO dread to some extent using their PC now, whether or not they have tried Vista I do not know. And the MAC runs a version of UNIX, the MSFT runs a bloated terrible pop up before you do anything (Vista) or BSOD problem on XP and this is with perfect ram, correct drivers, clean registry. The PC slows down in time. The MAC on the other hand cleans itself of useless LOG files every night and to tell me 5 years from MS for a new OS and how innovative is it? Everything it does, the MAC does, so NO the MAC is not just a PC, sure it uses the same HARDWARE but the PC uses the BIOS, the MAC uses EFI and UNIX.

And just think, the new MAC OS 10.5 is supposed to eclipse Vista tenfold. In fact, most pros in the audio business that use MAC and PCS use PC's just due to Sony Acid and GigaStudio and now they are moving to MAC based plugin’s. I see the MSFT losing market share.

Lastly, the US GOV advised against upgraded to VISTA for all schools until the next several years.

Name calling, now that's a sure sign of intellect. Congratulations, you get a gold star.

:(

(edit) Did you by chance see the announcement of Vista WOW? The audience hardly clapped at all. Nothing earth shattering at all and right now there are dozens of articles on how VISTA is terrible for games, slowing down systems, drivers not ready or backward compatible as promised. WOW, imagine that.

Edited by retroz

Hey, he started it! LOL

And I said PC=dll hell, not DELL as in brand but .dll files, you know, the extensions that runs the MS programs.

The point of this post was to see how many after using a HACK dreaded using a PC and it seems the majority DO dread to some extent using their PC now, whether or not they have tried Vista I do not know. And the MAC runs a version of UNIX, the MSFT runs a bloated terrible pop up before you do anything (Vista) or BSOD problem on XP and this is with perfect ram, correct drivers, clean registry. The PC slows down in time. The MAC on the other hand cleans itself of useless LOG files every night and to tell me 5 years from MS for a new OS and how innovative is it? Everything it does, the MAC does, so NO the MAC is not just a PC, sure it uses the same HARDWARE but the PC uses the BIOS, the MAC uses EFI and UNIX.

And just think, the new MAC OS 10.5 is supposed to eclipse Vista tenfold. In fact, most pros in the audio business that use MAC and PCS use PC's just due to Sony Acid and GigaStudio and now they are moving to MAC based plugin's. I see the MSFT losing market share.

Lastly, the US GOV advised against upgraded to VISTA for all schools until the next several years.

Name calling, now that's a sure sign of intellect. Congratulations, you get a gold star.

:)

You keep coming back again and again with what you see as some sort of "counter-point" to ppan76, when, in reality, you're simply proving everyone one of his points correct. I mean, you're repeatedly stating how XP/Vista are constantly innundated with BSOD's and crashes for non-existant reasons...how does that even make any sense? Are you trying to somehow tell us that Microsoft programs their OS's to come to a full stop at random intervals? Everything happens for a reason, and i think you could say that hold's true for many things, not just the world of technology. All you've done is proved you don't have the prowess to determine what that reason is, standing by your seemingly "perfect" PC setup. And please...stop throwing around words like BIOS and EFI without actually knowing what you're talking about.

And just an FYI...I know where I live, it's not just Vista that school's are being warned to hold off on upgrades. Everything is carried out based on a decision by the board...which is mainly driven by cost. I would actually advise against immediately moving to pretty much any new OS, whether it be Leopard, Vista, etc, if only to see how things develop, and see manufacturers work out the kinks. You fail to realise that Windows still has a huge marketshare advantage over OS X...most schools/businesses are running XP, not OS X (despite you're "switcher" marketshare numbers you keep magically producing). This pretty much brings us right back into the whole issue of viruses and security on OS X/Windows, and how things would probably be drastically different if those marketshare numbers were to change.

And why do you feel the need to start/end most of your comments with LOL? Is what you're saying really that funny? =/

Hey, he started it! LOL

Anyway, this got way off topic. Vista stinks, was playing around with it today, and yes, I know what PC stands for, in fact I am an EE graduate, as well as in Chemistry and Micro photolithography (clean room wafer fab technology).

And just think, the new MAC OS 10.5 is supposed to eclipse Vista tenfold. In fact, most pros in the audio business that use MAC and PCS use PC's just due to Sony Acid and GigaStudio and now they are moving to MAC based plugin’s. I see the MSFT losing market share.

:)

(edit) Did you by chance see the announcement of Vista WOW? The audience hardly clapped at all. Nothing earth shattering at all and right now there are dozens of articles on how VISTA is terrible for games, slowing down systems, drivers not ready or backward compatible as promised. WOW, imagine that.

I just dont know where to begin..you have posted {censored} after {censored} and added so many statements unrelated to the topic. There are so many things I can point out with all your incredible source of information it just makes me wonder if you are just so stubborn and so single minded that you are not willing to learn anything new.

You are a college graduated? Jesus..I tell you, with all your previous statements I really thought you were a 14 year old kid. You went into so many damn tangents. Business models, Sound processing, audio, Vista, Government, DLL, Unix, etc, etc. Why not create 50 threads for each one?

For instance, all your whining in your first post about moving your mouse to a corner and all windows hiding. Have you ever try WINDOWS KEY + D? that's just one stupid example you brought up.

Then you bring up security. If you really think the number of PCs running Windows and the number of smart people in the world. Hey..it's a number game. They will eventually crack it. Just like the intelligent people in the OSX86 community that have created/engineered the kext, kernel, etc. And that's a small community compared to the windows community.

More lack of knowledge from your part. Mac logs clear themselves everynight. Dude have you ever used a Windows PC before? You can clean your logs automatically daily, hourly, by the minute if you know how to do it. BSOD? Hmm I got a BSOD in Vista 2 days ago, because "I" yes I did something. Not because the OS is a bad evil thing. And I fixed it. I CAN go on and on and on with all your issues.

You bring so many off-topic issues that are totally unrelated. Most of your complaints about windows; because it can't do this and mac can. Is because you just dont know how to do it in windows. Your genie effects, core animation, etc that's all great. But it's your preference.

Oh this thread is long enough. I will not even bother to argue in anymore.