• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

debauchery1st

debauchery1st

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Has anyone gotten the audio working? this dv6119us laptop has NVidia HD audio, which uses the intel8x0 and intel-hda-audio ALSA drivers in linux.

debauchery1st

debauchery1st

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Has anyone gotten the audio working? this dv6119us laptop has NVidia HD audio, which uses the intel8x0 and intel-hda-audio ALSA drivers in linux.

I've tried the AzaliaAudio.pkg that Thade reccomended, and I've gotten the same results so far. Audio working, but no frontpanel jack recognition. Has anyone gotten further with the front panel audio jacks? (headphone jack)

jchpdv6835

jchpdv6835

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Anyone attempt this on a dv9210us yet? I just got the laptop and was debating on whether or not to/what to install. it's got the zmd tl-52 processor (turion 64x2) 2 gb ram, 120 gb sata, integrated wireless (broadcom, i think) NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA) with up to 288MB (shared video memory). So if anyone out there has a good starting point, as far as what image and drivers, kernels, patches, etc, i would be greatly appreciative.

debauchery1st

debauchery1st

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Anyone attempt this on a dv9210us yet? I just got the laptop and was debating on whether or not to/what to install. it's got the zmd tl-52 processor (turion 64x2) 2 gb ram, 120 gb sata, integrated wireless (broadcom, i think) NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA) with up to 288MB (shared video memory). So if anyone out there has a good starting point, as far as what image and drivers, kernels, patches, etc, i would be greatly appreciative.

You're pretty much in the same boat as the rest of us. your broadcom wireless will work with the driver and instructions I posted on page 1 or 2, your video card will work without QE/CI for now (drivers are developing)... and in order to install any image, you need to have an external usb hd available. It may be possible to install internally with the patched tubgirl image, but I'd recommend against it until the drivers are fully operational.

If you have an external hd, go grab a copy of the tubgirl amd final image and feel free to join this thread, test installation methods, and develop a guide for installing to your particular model notebook.

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
On my dv9000t CTO, I am able to boot off of the internal SATA 100GB hard drive using the JaS 10.4.8 .ISO. My machine has an Intel CPU, chip set, and wireless card however.

TheND

TheND

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Same here. My dv6226 booted from a 120Gb SATA harddrive, come to think of it... It did give a no hdd message at first, but I created a new FAT32 partition and it worked.

I chose the intel950 driver, SSE3, and 10.4.4 loginwindow. Installed fine. First boot quick as heck, Broadcom 4311 detected and already connected to the net. No audio, duh. And all resolutions available for video, no QE/CI...

Rebooted, and now shows AirPort card not configured, but there's no where TO configure it! Also get an error about intel915.kext needs to be re-installed, though I don't remember choosing to install it... :D

Any ideas what's up?

Thx,

Nd

debauchery1st

debauchery1st

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Same here. My dv6226 booted from a 120Gb SATA harddrive, come to think of it... It did give a no hdd message at first, but I created a new FAT32 partition and it worked.

I chose the intel950 driver, SSE3, and 10.4.4 loginwindow. Installed fine. First boot quick as heck, Broadcom 4311 detected and already connected to the net. No audio, duh. And all resolutions available for video, no QE/CI...

Rebooted, and now shows AirPort card not configured, but there's no where TO configure it! Also get an error about intel915.kext needs to be re-installed, though I don't remember choosing to install it... :)

Any ideas what's up?

Thx,

Nd

edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
find the part that says en0 and change it to en1. Also change the part that says <integer> from 0 to 1. Run diskutil to repair permissions and reboot.

your card should appear in the network preferences and be configurable.

TheND

TheND

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Sweet thanks.

I'll try that

Nd

jchpdv6835

jchpdv6835

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Thanx. I have a 250gb firewire/usb MyBook premium. will that suffice? and will i still be able to boot into vista? I know it sounds like a dumb question but i had installed xp on the external a couple of weeks ago and that was fine but it wouldn't allow me to boot back into vista.

TheND

TheND

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Should work fine. XP overwrites the MBR, as does Vista and darwin loader too. If your installing OSX on the HDD, darwin should notice Vista after the install, you just have to hit F8 when booting. Could be wrong of course... My external HDD is only for backup purposes.

Hope this helps,

Nd

rvd

rvd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi there
I only have a dv1000. I was able to install OSX 10.4.8
I struggled for hours to get Airport to recognize my wifi card. I used "Simple Broadcom Wireless Tutorial..." by Sportman to get my Broadcom dev 4320 to work.

Problems:

DVD player doesn't work

and Sleep doesn't work

If you have any answer to either of those, let me know...

Thanks

TheND

TheND

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
DVD player has never worked for me. Even on my (almost) perfect eMachines OS X86. As long as the drive is supported, you can use other media players... like one that supports divx and xvid.

On sleep... I haven't tried yet, but I know there are a couple of tutorials floating around about that.

Hope this helps,

Nd

Edited by NdofTaWorld, 21 February 2007 - 10:34 PM.

-=LP=-

-=LP=-

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello,

I'd like to share my HP dv1000 installation.
I've installed the version 10.4.6 JaS.
My notebook: HP Pavilion dv1740br - This is a Brazilian's version of dv1000 series.

- Intel Celeron M410, 1.46 GHz.
- 2 x 256 MB, DDR2 533 MHz.
- HD SATA 60 GB 5400 RPM.
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, 128 MB Shared.
- 14.1" WXGA+ TFT Widescreen / Brightview - Working natively at 1280x768.
- 56k HSF HDA FAX Modem - Not Working (I think that it won't never work).
- Ethernet: Intel Corporation Intel® PRO/100 VE - Working.
- WLAN: Broadcom Corporation 4311 - Working as AirPort
- Audio: Conexant High Definition Audio - Output only. No Mic ^_^ (I really need a mic) (Conexant HD Audio.pkg)
- Multimedia buttons: Only the volume buttons working.
- ABNT2 Keyboard. Working with Rafa's patch

How can I upgrade to 10.4.8 version?

LP

Mammoth

Mammoth

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
I don't know about doing an upgrade, but I think it's well worth the effort to backup what you have and start with a fresh load of 10.4.8.

debauchery1st

debauchery1st

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

I don't know about doing an upgrade, but I think it's well worth the effort to backup what you have and start with a fresh load of 10.4.8.

agreed.

Upgrading is a totally different can of worms. If you want to attempt an upgrade, I suggest you search the forums for threads specific to upgrading to 10.4.8.

TheND

TheND

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Definitely, fresh install.

... but the old saying comes to mind: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Maybe 10.4.8 will be more trouble than it's worth.

Just my 2 cents.

Nd

MsockoR

MsockoR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
i just installed osx on my HP DV6103nr (same as the 6108nr, it was a special model for Black Friday)

installed along with Intel SSE, GMA 500, and Battery Performance

MAJOR PROBLEM. the ethernet will not load.

i have the Intel 100 Pro VE, and loading the IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.3 doesn't work.
Loaded the Apple8255x.kext and that didn't work.

i'm running out of ideas. this wasn't a problem when i loaded OS X on my dv1000. Please HELP!!!

rvd

rvd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

DVD player has never worked for me. Even on my (almost) perfect eMachines OS X86. As long as the drive is supported, you can use other media players... like one that supports divx and xvid.

On sleep... I haven't tried yet, but I know there are a couple of tutorials floating around about that.

Hope this helps,

Nd

Hey thanks Nd, I read somewhere that the OSX DVD player works with OpenGL...as I am a complete noob I am not sure how to configure the Intel Graphics chip to tweak it.

Speaking of graphics, then, as it is, I am stuck at 1024x768, no other choices. So the screen graphics are flattened out. It isn't unreadable, but it annoyed me the first time I installed 10.4.8, and so I tried to fix it and it totally crashed. I mean, it booted up to the blue screen and cursor and stopped. I tried to reinstall OSX at that point, and realized I couldn't even boot to XP! So a word of CAUTION (if it isn't obvious): Uninstalling OSX changes your Master Boot Record (MBR), and fixing it took a long time - mostly because I learned as I was doing it. I now have a fresh install, and I am not touching the graphics again! Unless anyone knows how to fix it safely? Editing a plist file perhaps?

As for the rest, I wasn't clear about my components that work on this dv1000:

Intel 1.3 Ghz, Celeron M, dv1107ea, 60 Giga HD, 768 M RAM
Broadcom 4320: WORKS! It took some tweaking, check out Broadcom Wireless Tutorial in this forum, which is excellent.
My bluetooth usb key, which XP hated, worked Immediately! (a cheapie brand called CNet)
I can burn CDs. Will try DVDs and let you know.
iTunes 7 is very happy with my OLD iShuffle, and I can import my playlists from my XP partition.
XP partition is very easy to access, and I can see my home network drives on other XP computers.
Ethernet worked right away; that's how I connected initially to the Internet.
I even got my Palm Device (Tungsten E2) to sync (Hotsync AND iSync!) with iCal and AddressBook on Bluetooth and the USB cable.
Printer: Samsung ML-1510, worked when I went to the Samsung site and downloaded the installer. Even though OSX saw the printer, the driver didn't come with the OSX installer.
Sound works.

Issues to resolve:
-Graphics at 1024x768 - How to get them to another setting where the graphics look "normal"
-Keyboard functions - I lost my DELETE KEY, HOME and END - I use a lot for editing and writing. Any ideas?
-Sound: when a new sound is about to play, my speakers *crack* just before the sound. Otherwise, the sound is flawless after.

I apologize for my non technical response..Mac language is a little new to me (sudo and nano and all that), otherwise, I would be clearer in my responses...I just used what people are saying in the forums to edit plists, etc. Thank you in advance for any ideas...

I also must say that my HP should have come with OS X when I bought it! It seems so much happier, I mean, the fan doesn't run as much, and the unit doesn't heat up so much.

Rich

ulyanov77

ulyanov77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
hey, just wanted to let you guys know. I have a dv6000t (2ghz and nvidia go 7400 with 256mb) and I popped in the Jas package for sse3 the other day. Install was a complete breeze (straight onto the internal SATA drive) and got audio working with the azalia package. Unfortunately that's about as far as I got before recovering the computer to factory settings since I need Windows for school and was unable to fix the winload.exe missing error since HP does not give the install disc... I was quite angry to find that the disc that I purchased from them wasn't actually an install disc, but simply another way of accessing their recovery partition... that is all

Knightrayne

Knightrayne

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
hey guys, I too own a HP Pavilion dv9000ca (ca as in Canada..lol) but I am in desperate need of help to fix my problem, which is that the installation cannot recognize my hard drive, thus cannot recognize my mac partition. I've been at this for over 12 hours trying to get this to work and Im getting very tired. Do you have any solutions?

System Specs:
AMD Turion Tl-56
2gb RAM
NVIDIA 6150

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy