DHL DELL HELL part 2. DHL delivered the monitor and now it is missing!

Guest goodtime

79 posts in this topic

this reminds me of when i was on dial up i was calling to get my modem working (tried all the drivers) the dell rep told me to do something which required me to get on the internet so he told me to something that required me to have internet access

Here in south america, their service is the same, computer answered emails.

You should get a thousand of them before they refund your money.

/////////Zealot**************

The letter in this link is strikingly similar to my experience with Dell:

http://www.complaints.com/directory/2004/december/15/18.htm

This proves that Michael Dell has not changed anything in the last 2-3 years with their Customer Care or should I say Careless Customer problems. Does Dell really care about its customers? Using an India Call Center that just tries to pacify its customers obviously isn't working towards the best interest of the customer. DELL HELL will not be going away anytime soon. The only thing we can all do is band together and boycott DELL. I plan on boycotting all PC Manufacturers and only buy from Apple from now and in the future. You pay more, but I've dealt with Apple's Customer Care people and they are much more human. They truly care and try to fix your problem, not hinder it in anyway, shape or form. You get what you pay for. Ironically up until a month ago, I used to recommend Dell products to my friends and family. Now I don't recommend that anyone buys from Dell. From Apple its a well engineered work of art with great customer service if you need it. From Dell it's a reasonably priced PC product with the poorest customer care people in the world. Like I said, you really do get what you pay for.

gt

Very true goodtime, whenever I go into the Apple Store, the a staff member always greets me with a smile and asks if I need any assistance with anything. Im sure that its probably store policy to make sure everyone who comes in gets good service, but still its nice to get noticed :). There are some there that remember me as I have been in there numerous times getting various software, accessories etc and they ask how its going with x,y,z. I highly doubt any other PC maker has that type of service, whether it be phone or store.

Im sorry you've been through such hell with Dell goodtime, there is no excuse that Dell has to offer such service. Good job in boycotting them, just because they have lower prices, doesn't mean they are the best. I feel sorry for those who have to go through Dell Hell to try and get something done, specially if you don't know a lot about computers, then you need step by step help, oh boy :wacko: .

Edit: I even told a staff member at the Apple Store once about the very good service and that I enjoy coming there, he said 'thank you' and 'its what we do'.

I can vouch for excellent Apple service. I bought my G5 dual 2GHz used, and it didn't take me long to find out that there was a sleep issue with the graphics card. I called Apple, and they sent me a replacement. And this is even though the computer was no longer on warranty, nor was I the original owner (I didn't point that out to them, tho), and they didn't ask me for proof of purchase (good thing).

Thanks for the input on Dell, GoodTime,

I will stick with Viewsonic and NEC, both have proven to work well. I guess I wont even think about Dell next time I look for a monitor. I am getting ready to buy a LCD TV and think I may go with Viewsonic there too. Dell spends enough on advertising, too bad they don't care about what happens after they unload junk on someone

Dell just sucks overall. When my last school was ordering computers, they couldnt give us a discount because we were a newly opened charter school (GCA), bu when calling apple in my spare time, they had said that for every 5 computers, they would give us one free, not including the 10% discount already offered to schools. so we ended up buying 35 dells because the IT admin said mac arent compatable enough.

but later on, more than half the machines were having cooling issues and would overheat (several machines were over 100 degrees Celsius, or about 215 degrees Fahrenheit) and shut down without warning. So when we called a dell rep, they said "We cant take all of them back at once, so you'll have to ship 2 at a time and well get them back withing 30 days of recieving them". We just ended up paying 300 bucks for some better CPU cooling fans and heat sinks, and were able to get the heat down to about 60 degrees Celsius after we took teh time to install them in each machine.

Apple, on the other hand, has helped me out even when i didnt have a warranty. After i bought my first mac in 2001 (a 1999 imac tral-loader, used), there was an issue with the hard drive, and after calling they apple, they refered me to an internal website (depot.info.apple.com) and shipped it out. after about a week, i had my old green imac back and was using it fine again. (funny thing was, when i sent it in, i had OS 9.1 installed. when i got it back, i was running 10.1). Ive even called cutomer care and get phone help even when i never had applecare.

Apple is just a way better computer company overall, and their customer service is one of the best. Especially since it isnt outsourced (last time i called, it wasnt).

Guest goodtime
when my reall old dell was broken, i sent it in, and instead of fixing it, they took it

Did they ever replace it?

GT

My Inspiron is my first dell purchase and I'm completely satisfied with them. I ordered a network card that I had to end up returning, it was credited to my account in full with in 5 days. They send me coupons and special offers all the time and I'm defiantly buying a monitor from them, probably the 24in.