HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

• Please log in to reply
803 replies to this topic

jccool

jccool

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
follow this guide to get your onboard sound working atleast

http://forum.insanel...showtopic=18642

hm_ok

hm_ok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
hi again...

still not working with a dvi-vga-adapter...

i guess i have to take the d-sub-plug on my monitor, right?? and then, the adapter makes sense, because now i attachted a dvi-vga adapter to a vga-dvi-adapter to make the whole thing work with the dvi-plug on my screen...

so the final question for me would be: do i need a vga-cable coming out of my screen?

guess i'll have to try that again... damn, scratched together all my money just to buy that little thing for way too much money, and now this :rolleyes:

if i knew this before, i would have bought a x1950 or 1900, whichever works as a dvi, because this way i have to get a new vga-cable, costing 20 or 30 euros again...

regarding the sound, i found no appleazalia file, maybe i haven't installed it at the beginning?

anyway, i'm getting closer to heaven... ;)

Reaktor

Reaktor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

if i knew this before, i would have bought a x1950 or 1900, whichever works as a dvi, because this way i have to get a new vga-cable, costing 20 or 30 euros again...

Well, I have an X1900XT and I just can't get it to work (making the machine not crash in other resolutions than 1024x768), also, i had to switch from DVI to VGA to get 1680x1050.

But I still got my hopes up that I will get it to work :rolleyes:

hm_ok

hm_ok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
it works!

i can change resolution and whatever.

only i have to go into my vga-port, so it's a little more blurry i guess (as jccool mentioned).

just to see about those crashes....

thanks again jccool for the help!!

greetz

jccool

jccool

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Glad you got it goin' I hope eventually i can figure a way to end the crashing, btw for your sound you have to rip the azailia kext from a 10.4.3 dvd and put it in,

jccool

jccool

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Great News!!!!

I did some work on atindrv and fixed the crashing and the artifacts!!!! yay!!! you still need to run through vga but atleast there aint no more cdrashing/artifacts :thumbsup_anim:. Just replace this atindrv with the other (sudo mv, sudo chown etc) dont drag n drop,

Enjoy

Tell me the results!

This should also work for reaktor's x1900,

Jccool

Here's the link:

http://upload2.net/p...V.kext.zip.html

hm_ok

hm_ok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
does this azalia solution also give me inputs? because output works fine for me...

however the screen stayed black last time i switched on, but recovered as i put it in the right dvi-port. maybe, but less likely, it was due to the vga-extension cord that i attatched. of course with vga cable. then i had to switch the resolution to high again, and that worked, too. sometimes it works left, sometimes not, but on the right side it works always.

strangely, i could even boot without switching my hd's to ahci...

by the way, no artifacts or crashes on my machine!

jccool

jccool

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Hi,

Glad that there is no more cr5ash/artifacts on your side too!
I think I read that that sou8ndcard only gives you output,
I;m not sure what you mean by hd switching but the way I go from windows to mac is I go into the bios and make my mac drive the primary bot drive, then t boots from mac, then i make windows drive the primary one for windows,

anyhow, now that I need not worry about crashing i can start being productive on my mac!

Jccool

Oxymoron

Oxymoron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
hi,

im really at a lose. hope you guys can help...

im using the jas intel only 10.4.8, i install osx86 ok, it reboots, the grey mac screen comes up, then the screen goes blueish & blurs abit.

is this my x1950xt connect 3d cards fault or summit else? how can i fix this when i cant get to desktop.

The only package i installed was the intel packages, as that was the only one on the dvd.

im confused & i thaught getting suse 10.3 to work was hard last year lol :hysterical:

ty Oxy

hm_ok

hm_ok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Hi,

Glad that there is no more cr5ash/artifacts on your side too!
I think I read that that sou8ndcard only gives you output,
I;m not sure what you mean by hd switching but the way I go from windows to mac is I go into the bios and make my mac drive the primary bot drive, then t boots from mac, then i make windows drive the primary one for windows,

anyhow, now that I need not worry about crashing i can start being productive on my mac!

Jccool

yes, no input, just output on my onboard soundcard.

hd switching means i go to main - ide configuration - sata configuration - configure sata as - and then switch ide to ahci. thats for the p5b-e, latest non-beta bios (0607 i think). that was recommended in another post, and until i changed that, my grey apple screen would end up with a small crossed circle on the top of the apple, never finishing the boot process. this behavior however changed lately, and i can only assume that it was the vga and all the tweaking around that made it work without ahci, because this is the only major thing i changed.

i have xp and osx both running on one hd, having partitioned the disk and formatted the first active primary partition in fat32 and installed osx first and then xp. only under these conditions would it work for me. no fat32 formatting or xp first would end up in a trashed system, and i already had f**** up mbrs after that...

only when you want to reinstall osx i guess i get a problem, because then i have to remove xp also... or do i?

and how about those strange folder permissions under xp, why do i have some folders to which "access is denied"? that's really uncool since some of my most important things lie there... :thumbsdown_anim:

any help about that?

thx

hm_ok

hm_ok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
ah forgot about the boot loader: i use acronis boot loader, though darwin is maybe better because it's simpler, but it starts up osx automatically, when you want to start xp you gotta press f5...

jccool

jccool

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Hi,

I decided that now that things are working pretty well, I made an installer ^)^ Just unzip and run the .pkg restart and plug dvi to vga on right dvi port and enjoy (need device id 7244)

If anyone could try this new installer out ij'd really appriciate it (looks at hm_ok)

This is version 0.2

Enjoy

Here is the link :)

http://upload2.net/p...er 0.2.zip.html

(hm_ok use .2 not .1 installer

Edited by jccool, 19 January 2007 - 04:02 PM.

Shanems3

Shanems3

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
doing a clean install now to test it on my x1900gt

jccool

jccool

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
I'm sorry but this does not work for the GT series, x1900xt or x1950xt only, sorry, there is however a solution for the gt if you look around,

Jccool

Shanems3

Shanems3

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
just realized thats for the 1950, can u make an installer for the 1900xt

Shanems3

Shanems3

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
damn, i look around, natit uni installer just crashed mac on my pc..

jccool

jccool

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
there are different natits, natit auto, natit ati, btw natit crashed mine too, if you want I can modify my methode for your device id but you wont have an installer, youll have to use the directions on page 2,

If you wana try that, gimme ur dev id asap and Ill mod it,

Jccool

jccool

jccool

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
x1900xt will work no prob, but gt i have not tested

hm_ok

hm_ok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
i'll try that next time i start up (evening). although it works alright for me already...
;)

jccool

jccool

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
I know, I just made an installer so that PPL that arnt too too good with mac can do it,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy