• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

nickhyper

nickhyper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

This solution works for me, i got a Sony Vaio VGN-C140F/B with Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, so i have the realtek high definition audio sound card in windows Xp works excellent, so when i install mac os x 10.4.6HOTiSO didn't work, so i search for almost all the forum to get a solution so i found it, so this solution works for me so let's go:

You must to check this things before you do something:

1. Your codec is the Realtek ALC262 (vendor id=10EC ; device id=0262).
2. The controller chip you will have to look up. Go into Windows' Device Manager. In Device Manager, go to "System devices". Find "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio"and get Properties. Then click the Details tab and get the vendor and device ids, you must have this (vendor id=8086, device id=27D8).
3. When you got this information change to mac os x.
4. First, Backup the AppleHDA.kext and removed it from /System/Library/Extensions/
5. Find the kext AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and edit it:

In Terminal, type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions
sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

then search for IOHDAudioCodecVendorID, when you find it

Find:
<key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key>
<string>0x10ec0880</string>
Change <string>0x10ec0880</string> -- to -- <string>0x10ec0262</string>

For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit.

6. In Terminal, type:

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Search for IOPCIPrimaryMatch.

Find:
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0xNNNN8086</string> (where NNNN are any 4 characters)
Change <string>0xNNNN8086</string> -- to -- <string>0x27d88086</string>
For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit

7. Repair Peri�missions using the disk utility in Utilies in the Finder or typing in terminal: sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

8. In Terminal type: sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

9. In Terminal type: sudo chmod -R 755 AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

10. In Termina type: cd /System/Library
sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache

11. Then if you do this well, reboot and you have SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course works for me, please feedback and let me know anything about the solution.

Regards Alfred

Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66GHz FSB 667MHz
1GB Ram
1000 GB HDD
Intel GMA950 (works) (resolution 1280 x 800)
Marvell Yukon Ethernet (works)
Realtek High Definition Audio (works)
Intel Pro Wireless 3945 (didn't work)
Bluetooth (works)
USB Ports (works)

TOPIC UPDATED 22/10/07

Hi guys, i made a change in the step 4, from a user made a suggestion about to mention that the kext AppleHDA.kext, need to be removed from the extensions Folder, so i did the change . If you have any question or comment please contact me.

*****TOPIC UPDATED 18/12/07*****

Hi everybody, i want to share my happiness with all of you, because FINALLY I CAN MADE THE HEADPHONES WORK IT OUT, THANKS TO TARUGA'S APPLE HDA PATCHER VERSION 1.20. Simply follow these instructions and you can hear sound from the headphones and internal speakers:

NOTE: This solution works for me with my laptop mention above. I hope the same results for you.

Forget all the steps mention above and follow these new ones.

1. Simply download the files that i have attached.
2. There will be 2 files: ALC262_codec_dump.txt & AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.app
3. Simply drag & drop the file ALC262_codec_dump.txt to the AppleHDAPatcher application.
4. The program will ask for you password, put it and wait until the programs end.
5. Reboot the system and pray.
6. If everything gots fine, you can check in the icon Sound in System Preferences and you will see in the tab Output headphone built-in & speakers built-in.
7. So you got it. Remember this solution works for me i can't guarantee the same results as mines.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Please let me now any question do you have, if works or don't.

Greetings, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.

Alfred.
:rolleyes: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks a lot Alfred, my Auido works now. However, I can't get my Ethernet Marvel Yukon to work. I have a sony vaio just as you. Please help me.

Thank
Nick :D

xenocide100588

xenocide100588

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

This solution works for me, i got a Sony Vaio VGN-C140F/B with Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, so i have the realtek high definition audio sound card in windows Xp works excellent, so when i install mac os x 10.4.6HOTiSO didn't work, so i search for almost all the forum to get a solution so i found it, so this solution works for me so let's go:

2. The controller chip you will have to look up. Go into Windows' Device Manager. In Device Manager, go to "System devices". Find "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio"and get Properties. Then click the Details tab and get the vendor and device ids, you must have this (vendor id=8086, device id=27D8).
4. First, Backup the AppleHDA.kext and removed it from /System/Library/Extensions/

In Terminal, type:

Find:

6. In Terminal, type:

sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Find:

7. Repair Peri�missions using the disk utility in Utilies in the Finder or typing in terminal: sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

Of course works for me, please feedback and let me know anything about the solution.

Regards Alfred

1GB Ram
1000 GB HDD
Bluetooth (works)
USB Ports (works)

TOPIC UPDATED 22/10/07

Hi guys, i made a change in the step 4, from a user made a suggestion about to mention that the kext AppleHDA.kext, need to be removed from the extensions Folder, so i did the change . If you have any question or comment please contact me.

Hi everybody, i want to share my happiness with all of you, because FINALLY I CAN MADE THE HEADPHONES WORK IT OUT, THANKS TO TARUGA'S APPLE HDA PATCHER VERSION 1.20. Simply follow these instructions and you can hear sound from the headphones and internal speakers:

NOTE: This solution works for me with my laptop mention above. I hope the same results for you.

3. Simply drag & drop the file ALC262_codec_dump.txt to the AppleHDAPatcher application.
4. The program will ask for you password, put it and wait until the programs end.
6. If everything gots fine, you can check in the icon Sound in System Preferences and you will see in the tab Output headphone built-in & speakers built-in.
7. So you got it. Remember this solution works for me i can't guarantee the same results as mines.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Alfred.
:) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks a MILLION! Finally got sound working on iATKOS 1.0i after almost 3 weeks of trying to get networking and sound to work!! Networking is ok now with a simple run of ethernet cable... damn intel and their 3945!! :censored2: But the sound works great. Tried AppleHDA patches, VoodooHDA, etc... nothing else worked. It would show the device but no sound would play... Thanks again!!
:D

My System:
Dell Inspiron 1520
500 GB Western Digital Hard-drive
4GB Kingston DDR2 5300
Sigmatel STAC92xx HD Audio (shows as intel with osx86 tools 'lspci')
Internal Sigmatel HD speakers
Intel 3945abg wireless, broadcom wired(chip)
nVidia Geforce 8600m GT (both OS set to see it at 512mb)

Fedora 11 (with CompizFusion, Fusion-Icon, Avant Window Navigator, etc)
Mac OS X 10.5.1 (iATKOS v1.0i)
Grub Bootloader

if anyone is interested in some custom add-ins for Fedora Core 11, let me know... ;)

EDIT: forgot to mention... The guide worked perfectly for me, only problem was that you didn't mention to change directories before trying to chown and chmod the files... but I understood what you were getting at... Thanks again!

fn6193

fn6193

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

In Terminal, type:

Find:

6. In Terminal, type:

Find:

Regards Alfred

1GB Ram
1000 GB HDD
Bluetooth (works)
USB Ports (works)

TOPIC UPDATED 22/10/07

Enjoy!!!!!!

Alfred.
:( :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tried dump file but encountered Kernel Panic :(

Pinguin15

Pinguin15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

In Terminal, type:

Find:

6. In Terminal, type:

Find:

Regards Alfred

1GB Ram
1000 GB HDD
Bluetooth (works)
USB Ports (works)

TOPIC UPDATED 22/10/07

Enjoy!!!!!!

Alfred.
:) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bryan_mmx

bryan_mmx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
finally! found the solution to my problem! hope this method works. *crossed fingers*

howmany

howmany

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Any suggestions for how I could do this with my ALC269q which is currently not working on my Hack?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy