Steve's Job

166 posts in this topic

read post #82 for mount .dmg file issue :P

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IOHDIXController.kext
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IOHDIXController.kext

then try mount .dmg file

or just replace System.kext from 1048 version

but it doesnt need it if you upgrade the kernel to 8.9.1

well poop i wish had read this before I wont even share how many times ive installed OSX86 lol :P:unsure: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: :censored2:

eGwan (or anyone else)

OK, almost ready to do this..

One more question, which patch and here is the reason for asking.

I have HPET enabled but NO NX is visible in bios so which do I choose or are they the same thing???.

Intel Motherboard, GMA950. Pentium D930 SSE3.

Thanks and this is the final questions. I want to run the new photoshop and fireworks.

Thanks

:thumbsup_anim::P:tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:

Just bumping as I know not what KEXT to use, please read previous post.

I have HPET enabled but no NX visible in BIOS.

I do NOT want to HOSE the sytem, yet on the other hand, for some reason, eGwan says having HPET is helpful, but I keep seeing HPET/NX, is it one in the same or two different items.

I just wish someone would point out based on my mother board D945GTP and D930 P4 would tell me what kext to choose.

Motherboard is here.

http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d945gtp/index.htm

Thanks,

again....

• 2 weeks later...
ah i'm sorry i just dont get it :blush:

what do you mean with boot loader,

are you having trouble to boot or difficult to configure dual-boot configuration or something,

I have difficulty to configure the boot option. When I select XP it doesn't boot to XP. Only show some back slash "\". But if I select my other partition, it will boot to XP. I just want to get it right. Select XP->boot to XP. May be you could give some pointer to edit the boot loader. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to thank Egwan and all the people who helped put this update method together. I followed the instructions and arrived on the other side safely w/ a faster 10.4.8/8.8.1 kernel install.

One really small issue: When I installed the Egwan patch, it was 4am and I was so bleery-eyed, I didn't select "customize" in the installer. As a result, I'm pretty sure I installed everything. Can someone help me figure out what I can now safely jettison from my Extensions folder?

(I have p4 3.2 (prescott) with 3.5gigs of ram, ATI Radeon x1600 (512megs), viarhine III ethernet card... no other special kexts needed, as sound worked out of the box on the original 10.4.7 install...)

One slightly bigger issue: The full amount of my system's memory isn't listed correctly in "About this Mac". However, it IS listed correctly in system profiler... Is this important? A kernel bug that has no real bearing on how the system *uses* the RAM--what??? Any help would be appreciated.

FYI for those looking for a way to get an ATI x1600 working with the newer kernels: Diabolik's special x1600 Natit installer worked like a charm. I hope this helps someone in my position, because I had to search and read quite a few forums before I figured out which of the many ATI solutions to use.

Now, on to 10.4.9! Cheers everyone!

• 1 month later...

If you look at the site where it directs you. for the Patch.

It now says that it can be used for 10.4.9 also.

I'm currentaly working on 10.4.9, so I will leave a message saying if it works.

Its the same patch, just the 10.4.9 combo update.

• 1 month later...

ive been having a lot of trouble getting this update to work over the past 24 hours. i tried a lot of methods and this one worked.... sort of.

i just installed 10.4.6 yesterday and i thought i would be gutsy and try to use the 10.4.10 combo update with this patch from eGWan and i got the same results as a few people in this thread. black screen.... after booting into safe mode.. gui starts fine... even shows the 10.4.10 version in the About This Mac option.

now..... how to fix it? i tried the ./restorevga command and no results. i tried taking the intel gma 900 packages from my original 10.4.6 dvd and installing it to 10.4.10 and i get a kernel panic now when i try to start osx. now HOW DO I FIX IT? command lines and I dont get together very well.

so can someone help me out? id greatly appreciate it!!!!