Natit for Nvidia with dual display

bofors

161 posts in this topic

Hey

Wanted to report that with Natit 0.01 I am currently running dual monitors with my Nvidia 7300GT / 256 meg

Its an Asus Silent btw. - VGA connected to dvi to vga adapter which is connected to my 19" crt @ 1600x1200, screen 2 is connected via VGA to my lumenlabs projector @ 1280x768

Works great, natit v0.01 works perfectly on Jas 10.4.8 upgraded to Jas 10.4.9

Heres a screenshot

ressnapshotzu2.th.png

Cheers,

One

:blink:

Hi,

I d like tu use dual diplay with my 20" Dell and my Samsgung 32" TV... i ve got the 7600GT MSI dual DVI...

Actually i use the natit installer, but dual display doesn t work great... so i m planning to use the natiti_dual_v2

but what do i have to do to uninstall first my old natit install ?

thx a lot.

Ok i find out howto do it...

so i ve installet Natit_dual_v2... but i ve got a big problem using dual display, when i turn one of them off, the other one is no more recognized by the computer.. so i ve to reboot...

any idea ?

thx a lot..

MAJ..

More info about my display and my graph card :

GeForce 7600 GT :

Modèle de jeu de puces : GeForce 7600 GT

Type : Moniteur

Bus : PCIe

VRAM (totale) : 256 Mo

Fournisseur : NVIDIA (0x10de)

Identifiant du périphérique : 0x0391

Identifiant de révision : 0x00a1

Moniteurs :

DELL 2005FPW :

Résolution : 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Profondeur : Couleurs 32 bits

Core Image : Géré

Moniteur principal : Oui

Miroir : Désactivé

Connecté : Oui

Quartz Extreme : Géré

SAMSUNG :

Résolution : 1280 x 720 @ 60 Hz

Profondeur : Couleurs 32 bits

Core Image : Géré

Miroir : Désactivé

Connecté : Oui

Quartz Extreme : Géré

I think i got it the wrong way but i cant make the code line works...

Maybe i've missed something...

Do i have to enter all the line or?

And when i have to save, where i save it?

CODE(1) Put the Natit kext in your /System/Library/Extensions/ folder.

(2) Correct the file premissions:

sudo chown -R root:wheel Natit.kext; sudo chmod -R 755 Natit.kext

(3) Remove the cached and packed extensions:

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

(4) Reboot.

I can't seem to get 2 displays to work:

Mar 27 03:30:52 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,NVMT=<data not shown>
Mar 27 03:30:52 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting device_type=NVDA,Parent
Mar 27 03:30:52 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,device_type=display
Mar 27 03:30:52 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,compatible=NVDA,NVMac
Mar 27 03:30:52 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,compatible=NVDA,NVMac
Mar 27 03:30:52 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,fboffset=0x00020000
Mar 27 03:30:52 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @1,name=NVDA,Display-B
Mar 27 03:30:52 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,name=NVDA,Display-A
Mar 27 03:30:52 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting NVCAP=<data not shown>
Mar 27 03:30:52 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting @0,device_type=display
Mar 27 03:30:52 localhost kernel[0]: Natit: Setting model=GeForce Go 7800

The drivers are installed

GeForce Go 7800:

Chipset Model:	GeForce Go 7800
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:	0x0098
 Revision ID:	0x00a1
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1920 x 1200
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Supported
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Supported
Display:

It say's, "No display connected" but it is connected. Do these driver not work with my graphics card?

It seems that a number of Nvidia users have had problems running dual displays with the newer versions of Natit. Although I did not try all of them, I had problems too, my second display was sideways and without the mouse cursor.

Natit v0.02 works for dual displays on many Nvidia systems and it is what I am using. I am also re-posting Natit v0.01, which should work for VGA/DVI Nvidia cards, for people who have problems with v0.02 and want to try something else.

However, v0.01 and v0.02 are very similiar, v0.02 merely adds the "@0,NVMT" key and value. For more information on these key-values pairs and how these dual display versions of Natit for Nvidia was developed, see these threads:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=31833

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32536

Now for people who have problems, here are two general suggestions:

A. Make sure you are using a clean install of 10.4.8. People who upgrade to 10.4.8 (or mess with the Nvidia kexts) often have problems.

B. Make sure you follow these instructions (specifically removing the .kextcache and .mkext) when installing Natit (again, these instructions and the original idea of Natit are credited to Omni).

(1) Put the Natit kext in your /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. 

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache 

(4) Reboot.

Any suggestions on the Nvidia 7300 GS? I think the brand is 3d fuzion.

One VGA. on DVI and HD capabilities.

i think there is no chance for the 7300gs cause of a wrong chipset

OK, well do you mean the GPU or Motherboard i.e. wrong chipset? I can always return the Graphic Card.

If it IS the GPU, please tell me what a good GPU would be to make this work, unless of course you are talking about the intel motherboard.

Thanks

:P Does anyone here know that the MSI NX6800 gefroce card work at all, this card is not a GT OR GS, I try to install OSX with nvidia driver from JAS OSX it crash on me, if I try not to load any driver it load fine, but I don't get the resulution change or the full support for the drive, and when I look at the system information it said unknown Video display, this card is a PCI E card!!! And need help at all would be nice!!! :whistle:

Hi I got Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg to work on my 7600 GS (gigabyte Silent) AGP , dual screens, 1280x1024x60 (that's all my LCD's support) QE and CI working on both. I had to install the .pkg on a fresh install , then mod Geforce.kext NVDAResman.kext and NVDANV40Hal.kext to specify my device ID.

When i 1st installed it and it worked, the display conencted to the DVI was very slim, and no mouse cursor would show, I used "Gather Window" or something to that effect in display properties so I could get access to change both resolutions to what they should be, then mucked about trying mirror and stuff, but did not work, then rebooted and everything came up roses, so to those people having that or a similar problem try mucking about with System Preferences > Displays before hacking away at the kext's again.

The only problem now is the 2nd monitor detects as "VGA Display" instead of Phillips 190S , and the Bus shows PCI instead of AGP. Hopefully I can fix this without destroying the Dual Screen QE CI.

So..... Natit works on first boot after setup... both monitors come up... won't come up on reboot... they come up, one comes up blue.... then they both drop black... then they come up fine and into desktop after 20-30 seconds.

Now..... further shutdown's and boots or reboots won't bring them up.. same process, but at the last step... they just never come up....

Then:

rm -r /System/Library/Extenstions.*

and then shutdown....

and on boot, it now works fine, both monitors come up.

So worst case, I drop into single user mode, blow away the kext cache, and reboot for dual monitor-y goodness.

Not sure if it is timing related, where the Kext's load too fast when cached for the monitors to return a result of what they are, or if it is an order thing....

Either way, I figured I would share in case some other people are having irregularities with natit.

Hardware is an 2.4 ghz P4 on an 845 chipset, with an ASUS AGP Nvidia 6600GT.

Sound, Ethernet(via 8169) and now dual monitor support..... definate progress!

I've an ASUS EN7900GS, fully QE/CI with Natit Dual v0.02 (with titan all ok but not dual display)

with dual DVI port.

My problem is about the same but in a point different:

i've two LCD:

a ) SyncMaster 930BF 1280x1024 (19")

b ) SyncMaster 203B 1400x1050 (20")

using ( a ) as first and ( b ) as second monitor, i obtain

a correct dual display with wide desktop (i don't need mirror),

but the problem is that i cannot obtain a resolution higher

than 1280x1024 (e.g. 1400x1050) on the ( b ) monitor.

They all are flagged at a max of 1280x1024 and SystemProfiler

view them as "SyncMaster" 1280x1024@75 (just tried at 60hz but nothing).

swapping ( a ) with ( b ) i obtain that (strangely) that the ( b ) monitor now

as first, is black, and the ( a ) monitor (now second monitor) is at 1280x1024 (his max)

with the second part of the desktopn without dock and icons. I can confirm that the desktop

is still wide but i can't only see it. If i suspend and resume osx from power button,

i can now see the desktop in the before black screen but all is now freezed (mouse no more moves).

Now the problem is not the freeze of suspend, but:

HOW can i obtain OSX to see a possible resolution higher than

1280x1024 on the 20" monitor (that can do 1400x1050)?

With intel integrated card with dual (DVI + VGA) output i can

use the two monitors at differents resolutions without problems,

in a wide desktop in dual display mode.

HELP! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue as fast-ip. My lcds are swapped. I have a widescreen on 1 dvi and a fullscreen on the other dvi. When I open display system prefs, the title of the window in each one is backwards. Therefor the resolutions are being used for the incorrect ones. Anyone have a solution for this?

• 2 weeks later...

bofors, thanks for your topic!

It worked for me with v0.02. But i have one minor problem - my TV can't autmatically recognize type of video signal. In Windows for instance i have to choose PAL/DK manually. Is there any secret key in MacOSX? Now the image on my TV is b&w.

I have come to the party late!

My apologies! :-)

GPU : 7600GS

OS 10.4.8 Clean Install

Motherboard Intel D945GTP

Will this work for me?

I am confused only becuase the instructions seem rather simple, I need to rm twice correct?

Also, other threads mention you have to add your device id, whereas this thread does not.

Your guidence (anyone here) is much appreciated. Mirror no big deal, extended a VERY BIG DEAL!

Help is appreciated!

Thanks!

I have come to the party late!

My apologies! :-)

GPU : 7600GS

OS 10.4.8 Clean Install

Motherboard Intel D945GTP

Will this work for me?

I am confused only becuase the instructions seem rather simple, I need to rm twice correct?

Also, other threads mention you have to add your device id, whereas this thread does not.

Your guidence (anyone here) is much appreciated. Mirror no big deal, extended a VERY BIG DEAL!

Help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Friendly bump. don't want to not be able to log in, get up and running!

Thank you!

Friendly bump. don't want to not be able to log in, get up and running!

Thank you!

Veuillez avec du sucre sur le bidon de dessus quelqu'un m'aident ??????

Translation, help please! :)

First off thanks to everyone that has worked on this project...now for the question!

I installed my new card hoping to have QE/CI and dual screen enabled. I have dual screen just fine, but not QE/CI...anybody know why? I have an AGP GeForce 6600 (nVidia). both are listed as not supported.

Help Please!

Thanks,

mm0

It seems that a number of Nvidia users have had problems running dual displays with the newer versions of Natit. Although I did not try all of them, I had problems too, my second display was sideways and without the mouse cursor.

Natit v0.02 works for dual displays on many Nvidia systems and it is what I am using. I am also re-posting Natit v0.01, which should work for VGA/DVI Nvidia cards, for people who have problems with v0.02 and want to try something else.

However, v0.01 and v0.02 are very similiar, v0.02 merely adds the "@0,NVMT" key and value. For more information on these key-values pairs and how these dual display versions of Natit for Nvidia was developed, see these threads:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=31833

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32536

Now for people who have problems, here are two general suggestions:

A. Make sure you are using a clean install of 10.4.8. People who upgrade to 10.4.8 (or mess with the Nvidia kexts) often have problems.

B. Make sure you follow these instructions (specifically removing the .kextcache and .mkext) when installing Natit (again, these instructions and the original idea of Natit are credited to Omni).

(1) Put the Natit kext in your /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. 

(4) Reboot.

OK, tried this while following instructions.

During this (in terminal)...

sudo chown -R root:wheel Natit.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 Natit.kext

I got the error, no such file or directory exists.

Then I continued on, upon reboot, the graphics where 1078x780 (or whatever that is) and was mirrored only, in addition, the graphics where a mess, i.e. if I scrolled, it would get all messy/choppy.

So, I just re-installed the Nativ.1 Black and Green Logo installer and all was back to normal (one monitor at 1200x1024).

Just what is the problem? Also, what resolution will this (if working) give you in dual display?

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Clean install JaS 10.4.8

Nvidia 7600GS.

Thank you to anyone that can help me! I really want this to work.

Peace!

:glare:

PS. I also tried the Natit v02 dual installer and nothing happened.

Thanks!

OK, tried this while following instructions.

During this (in terminal)...

I got the error, no such file or directory exists.

Then I continued on, upon reboot, the graphics where 1078x780 (or whatever that is) and was mirrored only, in addition, the graphics where a mess, i.e. if I scrolled, it would get all messy/choppy.

So, I just re-installed the Nativ.1 Black and Green Logo installer and all was back to normal (one monitor at 1200x1024).

Just what is the problem? Also, what resolution will this (if working) give you in dual display?

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Clean install JaS 10.4.8

Nvidia 7600GS.

Thank you to anyone that can help me! I really want this to work.

Peace!

:P

PS. I also tried the Natit v02 dual installer and nothing happened.

Thanks!

Instead of:

try:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

This is what I had to do...

mm0

Instead of:

try:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

This is what I had to do...

mm0

Thanks, Yeah, I figured for noobs (me) they did not add the cd command, which I figured out.

Still no luck.

Strange as it may seem, version one shows Display connected whereas version 2 shows NO DISPLAY connected.

Still trying here.

Got a mirrored once, but it was garbled and a mess and 1074/768.

Still trying.

Will edit some kexts with Device id and see if that helps with version 1. since that at least showed device connected!

Ideas appreciated!

Will update soon!

Well,

I have tried everything possible as seen on this image.

The Kext open it the geforce.kext.

I have tried all the terminal commands, 3 different installers, as well as trying to edit my DEVICE id. (not sure where it goes, but I think its right before the 10x0ed or something close to that, but notice that the Natit_Universal_1.0 package overrights that.

Any help is appreciated.

The closest I got, and I thought, COOL, almost there was when I got the VGA to boot up then it was sideways like another poster, but upon rebooting, nothing. Still one display.

I have two Sansung LCD's one via a DVI to VGA adapter, which by the way will boot to OSX on its own, but if I attach the VGA, the VGA stays blank. By default, the VGA is the one that boots fully. Advice appreciated and I know that I am close to a solution as I have seen things from DISPLAY attached to the SIDEWAYS display, so I know I am affecting, and getting close to a solution. Learning a lot here. Thank you!

Here is my screen shot which shows my BBEDIT, all my Nvidia files (folder) as well as Profiler, display.

natithelpfd3.th.png