Photoshop CS3 Beta ugly icon replacement

Infamous

24 posts in this topic

Adobe made a great joke and gave us the ugliest Photoshop icon ever for this beta version :happymac:

OLD (original) icon

ps3_old.png

I've made a quick replacement. I've just changed colors, nothing special. You'll easily recognize between older blue-greenish CS2 and new CS3.

There are 2 alternatives in the zip file, with the CS3 text and without it if you don't like:

NEW icon

preview.png

In dock:

preview_dock.png

Click the attachment to download, or download from the MIRROR

(hint: Those icons are "mapped" on folders. Just click Get Info and copy & paste the thumbnail to your Adobe Photoshop CS3.app)

cs3icons.zip

Edited by Infamous

I dig the beta icon.

Absolutely couldn't stand the whole flower/feather/buterfly theme CS2 had to it. I'm guessing CS3 is going to be hard line. After all are these little kids programs or software for actually getting things done. Gotto admit I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me. Matches the new look. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't change it come time for final release.

still not sure how to install the icon. could you make the .icns file available?

edit: i was making the mistake of trying to edit the icon in the preview section.

1. right click the folder with icon that you want and select get info.

2. click the icon in the top left corner of the info window and choose copy from the edit menu.

3. then right click Adobe Photoshop CS3.app and get info.

4. click the icon in the top left corner and select paste from the edit menu.

cause i'm a retard, the instructions are vague, and i'm probably not the only one.

Edited by stelriah

Here it is, 2 icon replacement for CS3 (Photoshop Icon & Bridge Icon)

Made for me.

Enjoy!!!

post-25823-1166474455_thumb.jpg

CS3_replacement.zip

Awesome.

I was hoping someone would make a Bridge icon.

For those asking for help with installing the icon, try this:

1. Select the new icon with your mouse, under the File menu click Get Info.

2. Click the icon at the top of the Get Info panel. It will glow blue around it. Then Copy.

3. Go select the CS3 Application. Open the Get Info panel for that, and then click the icon at the top so that it has a glow around it, and paste the new icon over the old one.

To revert to the old icon simple use the Cut command instead of paste to remove all custom icons and restore the default.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have also created a replacment icon but for the folder Photoshop is located in.

Folder.jpg

Instructions, save the .icns file on destop or anywhere then copy it.

then right click the old folder and click get info

click on the icon in the top left corner then hold (command + V)

now new icon should appear.

Dan Verney

PS_Apps_Folder.zip

Edited by danmacbook

when i copy the folder, it has a black background behind it. Why? I am probly doing something wrong, but i copied the actual programs icons fine and they are tranparent. Also will someone be making the adobe bridge folder? Or the PS CS3 folder with the green feather? Thank you.

rctshack..

That happens because Mac OS doesn't copy it as a thumbnail. It copies the image, and so, fills the background.

To be able to use it, let the finder previsualize the file (command i).

Then drag it to an application called FastIcn (it's free).

Then just replace it normally. Copy & paste.

:D