[How To] Solutions for Video Problems

Rammjet

66 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

I have an Intel GML 945 chipset and I get the blue screen at boot. I wan't to try the 2-wire trick solution but it seems that the link that was provided on the first post is broken:

Blue screen - if you have an Intel graphics chip on a laptop and the boot is hanging at a blue screen,

try installing: an external monitor, a VGA dongle, the 2-wire trick or the 1-wire trickuploads/post-53077-1160846022.gif

Everywhere in the forums people keep on pointing at the same link for the 2-wire trick. Does anybody know the 2-wire trick or where I can find it?

• 3 weeks later...

I am attempting to configure a second system for OS X 10.5.5. I have gotten the integrated Intel Pro 100 Nic to work using a back level IONetworking kext. Now, I am attempting to get resolutions and accelerated graphics working using the Intel integrated graphics chips.

System Profiler shows

Type:	Display
 Bus:	Built-In
 VRAM (Total):	64 MB of shared system memory
 Vendor:	Intel (0x8086)
 Device ID:	0x2572
 Revision ID:	0x0002
 Kernel Extension Info:	No Kext Loaded
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1280 x 1024
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Software
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported

and the graphics kext that loads, when it loads, is AppleIntelGMAX3100.

My questions are: Does anyone know how to make this configuration work. And, is it a fools errand that is never going to work as desired?

• 3 weeks later...

Great guide Rammjet. One thing though: disabling beam sync improves GUI performance regardless of the type of monitor used, at some cost to image tearing. Disabling this made dock animations/etc go from choppy to silky smooth on both my CRT and LCD.

My best guess is that beam sync is another name for V sync. That being so, a CRT should be able to mitigate the side effects (image tearing) better due to their higher refresh rates. Though I must say, it's VERY hard to spot on either type of display, and if your graphics card is fast enough, you won't see it at all. I was able to spot it with my old card while dragging a window horizontally and looking carefully at the vertical edge. In any event, this setting does not seem to affect OpenGL applications (just the GUI). AFAIK, disabled V sync seems to be the default behavior for Vista, XP, and probably most other OSes. It's strange that Apple enabled it by default.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any kext for Intel GMA 4500X????????

Im stuck to 1024x768

Ive tried edit the com.apple.Boot.plist

graphics mode=1280x800x32 - is my resolution on windows

What can I do

I Have Fujitu Siemens ESPRIMO Mobile V6535

Ive wlan, sound, ethernet, everithing working except the Graphics card?????

if you need me to send any kexts or tuturials use rubenmarques92@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to boot after install ipc 10.5.6 from a spare partition

all installation termine ok

conf : p4 550 sse3,asus p5gd1 i915p/g ich7,2 gb ram,sapphire x1950xt, creative audigy,4 hd sata

pratically i've tried various install type for video: no driver, driver for x19.. ,natit but after boot and load black screen ;-|

i've tried -x with all type of driver but screen after initially load go black

any suggestion appreciate

sorry for bad english

thnks

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...