All AMD users. Let's get united! DINOSRULES

dino

145 posts in this topic

Hello guys!!! how you been? I've been having a big issues since a couple of months now and I really don't find a solution for it!

Let me give you a better explanation of the situation.

I'm using right now Tiger 10.4.10 from tubgirl, and the issue that I have is, that when using the PC in the middle of any application the PC hangs, I only got the little ball spinning of my cursor and that's it, I mean I can move it around but after hangs I can't do anything else, I can't click on the programs or windows, I've tried with the option cpus=1 and the same problem, and also happens when I try to change the screensaver, if I try to change any screensaver hangs.

I been using OS X for quite a while but these problems it's been with me since I started to use it, I have a DFI nForce 4 ultra-d mobo, I read that with that mobo the SATA controller has issues, so I thought that was the problem, so I bought a IDE HDD and installed it everything all over again and worked perfect for months, but I tried to update the version of OS X and the problem started to happen again, I tried with several OS X version from 10.4.4 up to these one that I'm using now and still the same problem.

I tried also with Leopard but I couldn't boot if I don't choose -x on the startup, so I installed first the uphuck 10.4.9 V1.3 and then updated to Tubgirl's 10.4.10 but the same thing, I used the nForceATA.kext the most newest one, and still the same problem. I'm a certified tech, but with these issue I don't really know what it is, probably it's a BIOS setting or a kext file or the kernel I don't know, please guys give a hand!!! wink_anim.gif

Hey all! Need ya' help!Startet messing with mac osx86 i couple a days ago. Ive read so much about all this {censored} but cant seem to find a solution. sad.gif When i start my computer and boot on the kalyway osx86 10.4.10 tiger DVD , it only boots i like 10 sec. And cant move on . It writes a lot of things . But nothing has failed or nothing. unsure.gif And another thing , cant read the files ordinary? it seems that there are only 188kb on the DVD i burned and patched? But ind alochol there is 2 gb or more on in so it must be something i cant read? I have an ipod i could boot it on , if that helpes .Anyone can help me? Going a little Crazy here wacko.gif hehe. Louis . Thanks. :)Please help me now sad.gif

Hello guys!!!! :hysterical: I think that I found the solution of the problem that I have, after a couple of days of trial an errors, I found the version that fits my needs, it's the JaS 10.4.7 I found it lying somewhere on my room, it works fine, I fixed the issue with the USB (that they're slow), the restart/shutdown problem, works very good. I've tried also, installing it, then upgrading to tubgirl's 10.4.10 but I lose the video features, resolution, drivers, everything, I've tried also upgrading it to uphuck's 10.4.9, and that one doesn't boot after installing it, any ideas how can I upgraded it?? o where do I get the original video drivers that 10.4.7 JaS has???

The reason why I'm asking these, it's because I have some programs that doesn't work on that 10.4.7, so guys, give a hand on that, don't let me down... :hysterical:

hi i have an amd 3200+ processor..my mac works awesomely except for my copy speed..its just aweful..it takes 15 to 20 min to copy a 700mb file to my 1gb pendrive..ots very frustruating..is there ant way to increase this?

o and i know its useless to ask this butiv tried everywhere..is there a way to get any sound out of an alc653 sound card on an asus a8v-mx mobo?

pls any replies would be very useful

Seems like your USB is only running in USB1 mode, not USB2. As how to fix it, i have no idea. It would be a good idea to post some system specs though, ie motherboard.

• 1 month later...
:P Success!!!!!!Finally I was able to make my computer work!!!!!,I'm using right now the ToH AMD Leopard 10.5.2 with my system I was able to have quartz extreme enabled. How I did it?? well as I said I installed the ToH Leopard and I used the natit x1800 from Tubgirl's 10.4.10, I extracted the file from Leopard and then I installed the program, restarted and now everything works almost perfect!!!!. So if you need some assistance or advise don't hesitate to contact me, take care guys :gathering:

I just installed Security Update 2008-002 on my Tiger 10.4.10... and it won't start :) There's a kind of loop. Something wrong with loginwindow.app. I'm a little disappointed because everyone said everything was allright on hackintosh with this update. All the more I can't find any logs of boot-up. Where should I find it? I guess system.log in /var/log or /private/var/log, am I right? However, nothing is writting into... if you know what I mean. I boot in Tiger, it fails and then I reboot to Leopard install on the second disk and want to check out the logs but it's not there. Only older records. Any ideas plz?

• 1 month later...

Superhai made a modded AppleUSBEHCI.kext replacement for the original, for some Dell laptops with the same problem, then he did another kext to use the Stock AppleUSBEHCI.kext but working as it should work.

Check my guide, there are links to both files and messages where he posted.

They may not work because they are for Leopard.

• 2 months later...

hey evrybody. sorry if im flooding now but i cant find anythere an answer. i have AMD athlon64 4000 2.4ghz, 512 mb ram, asus a8n-vm motherboard, sata hard and ide dvd-drive. i downloaded already a lot of versions of mac 4 pc. kalyway jas etc, but no one wont works at my machine =(. please help a newbe. 

p.s versions of kalyway i had installed, but after reebot it comes any screen with darwn bla bla =(

thank you :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Dino and everyone!

Please help me!

I have recently installed OSX86 in my desktop

(X2 3800+ MB - Abit KN8 Ultra and ATI ePCI X1900GT using dual DVI (native res.) out and SATA)

I have got two problems.

1. I have no video output when using VLC.

youtube works but the fulscreen is slow.. and not plesent to watch at all!

Is it the acceleration somewhere that fails? - How do I correct it?

2. When starting "about this mac" it causes "finder" and all the started programs to crash and only finder restarts. Why? Is this possible to fix, and how?

I installed the iDeneb 10.5.5. dvd.

Used the newest kernel possible on that DVD.

I have not tried the internal nFORCE nic yet could that be some problem causing this?

Plese help!

If this is possible to solve I will use this as my main OS - no doubt!

Are you doing that?

Thanks!

/Lagus