• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

Didanix

Didanix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I finally got my AR5005 working in Snow Leopard 10.6.5 using the vanilla IO80211Family kext, haven't tested WPA/2 as I am using WEP on router.

To accomplish this, I did the following;

1) Made a copy of the IO80211Family.kext to the desktop, so I was ready to edit it

2) Removed my id from the plist located at in the AirPortAtheros.kext (sans the number 21): IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros.kext/Contents/info.plist

3) Added my id to the 'new' AirPortAtheros21.kext's plist, located here: IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros21.kext/Contents/info.plist

4) Rebooted after reinstalling the new edited kext, enable airport in the system preferences (required clicking apply to turn on airport). And thats it ;]

So if anybody wants my 10.6.5 kext, which will only work for AR5005 with the id: 168c:0013, you can grab it from the attachments:

I've been trying to get my wireless working for a couple of months now, with no success what so ever.
I can't even get the card recognized (though it works just fine in Linux and Windows).

According to most applications, the ID is pci168c:001a, though adding pci168c,1a to the Atheros21's Info.plist doesn't do me any good, keep getting the damn "Hal status 3" error about not being able to attach the device.

What options do I have in debugging this?

t-master

t-master

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
If someone's looking for an easy solution which works (at least for me), just take the iAtkos S3 U2 distribution and make a check for the Atheros-Fix during the installation, when I reinstalled OS X, it worked out of the box for me :P

shine-away

shine-away

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hey Didanix, try this kext for your ar5005:
http://www.mediafire...iuorunpl0rtofs2

Post back if this kext works or not, if not you could try rebranding your card to one of the ids in the Atheros21's info.plist, which I am going to try with my card soon, so that future updates won't require us to reinstall another kext.

Btw, sorry for the late reply.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
problem is the firmware in kext .. soem hardware doesnt interface properly to it = hal xx.

just get ar5b91 dev id 2A and problems over = OOB

pierluigifrant

pierluigifrant

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi!!!
In my guide i have installed the Atheros AR5005G on 10.7.2 and it's OK! :wink2:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=276495

bye

crushers

crushers

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Ok.I have a problem via mz WIFI card AR 5005g.Does not work on my Yosemite 10.10.How to fix and which kext for my WIFI AR5005g?

Thanks in advanced!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy