• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

waldisweety

waldisweety

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
have an Acer Aspire 5315 using Leopard 10.5.4.(iATKOS 4i.iso) and Vista Ultimate
.In Vista under Device Manager it gives me an Atheros 5007EG but on another
hard Disk runing XP it displays Atheros 5006 so i did the following

1.Without installing Airport Update 2008-004 l use kext helper to install io80211family.kext (v.2.1.2)
2. After an restart l noticed that Airport turned on but yellow (No Network) I have tried at least 5
or 6 different versions of io80211family.kext but only version 2.1.2 loads properly and gives me
under System Profiler/Airport Card/ Airport Extreme (0x168c,0x428) and System Profiler/ Extensions
-AirPortAtheros v.3.1.5
-IO80211Family v.2.1.2
I noticed that the networkinterface.plist under /library/preferences/systemconfiguration is en1
If l delete all the mkext files and repair io80211family.kext permissions
(chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/io80211family.kext
chown -R root:wheel /system/extensions/io80211family.kext),
after the next restart the AirPortAtheros /IO80211Family are vanished!!!
3. So I tried the >-f< trick editing f to com.apple.boot.plist
from /Library /Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
as bellow
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key> Kernel Flags </key>
<string>-f</string>
4. Although it gave me kernel panic l rebooted as -v so l reboot again as root user
5.Then without Repair disk permission or repairing io80211family.kext permissions again or anything else
6.l started kismac went to preferences --> driver and add airport extreme passive mode --> Start scan
and after l see network detected, l close it .l went to the airport icon on the top right on my desktop
and my network was listed. I clicked on it
From System preferences/Network the Airport icon is green!!!!Surfing with safari the the wireless Lan LED is
always inactive like if it doesn't work?The only thing thats annoying is that l have to always start kismac.

l have an Acer Aspire 5315 using Leopard 10.5.4.(iATKOS 4i.iso) and Vista Ultimate
.In Vista under Device Manager it gives me an Atheros 5007EG but on another
hard Disk runing XP it displays Atheros 5006 so i did the following

1.Without installing Airport Update 2008-004 l use kext helper to install io80211family.kext (v.2.1.2)
2. After an restart l noticed that Airport turned on but yellow (No Network) I have tried at least 5
or 6 different versions of io80211family.kext but only version 2.1.2 loads properly and gives me
under System Profiler/Airport Card/ Airport Extreme (0x168c,0x428) and System Profiler/ Extensions
-AirPortAtheros v.3.1.5
-IO80211Family v.2.1.2
I noticed that the networkinterface.plist under /library/preferences/systemconfiguration is en1
If l delete all the mkext files and repair io80211family.kext permissions
(chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/io80211family.kext
chown -R root:wheel /system/extensions/io80211family.kext),
after the next restart the AirPortAtheros /IO80211Family are vanished!!!
3. So I tried the >-f< trick editing f to com.apple.boot.plist
from /Library /Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
as bellow
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key> Kernel Flags </key>
<string>-f</string>
4. Although it gave me kernel panic l rebooted as -v so l reboot again as root user
5.Then without Repair disk permission or repairing io80211family.kext permissions again or anything else
6.l started kismac went to preferences --> driver and add airport extreme passive mode --> Start scan
and after l see network detected, l close it .l went to the airport icon on the top right on my desktop
and my network was listed. I clicked on it
From System preferences/Network the Airport icon is green!!!!Surfing with safari the the wireless Lan LED is
always inactive like if it doesn't work?The only thing thats annoying is that l have to always start kismac.

Attached Files

iAurora

iAurora

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay, so I have VEN_168C&DEV_001B. I am told it is the Atheros 5006X chipset. I have tried the Atheros kexts provided on the forums already, and none of them have worked for me. Am I doing something wrong? I am using Kext Helper, and simply dragging the files in that I am finding.
Let me know what other information you need to help me

Thanks!
Steven

Shirosaki

Shirosaki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
up coming ppf3 from iPC seems to have the atheros ar5007eg, i asked ive he can provided that driver, because downloading thw whole iPC is pain in the ass.

http://######.com/ip...?p=121#comments

SilSha

SilSha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
I have the DVD and I have an Atheros 5007EG. I have a OSx86 system running where this card is installed.

I will try it today. I will post my results if I do not forget ;)

pat salko

pat salko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I have a Dlink DWL-G510 rev B (Atheros AR5005G 802.11abg 168c 001a). I was able to get this working out of the box when I installed iDeneb v1 and selected the Atheros WiFi adapter during custom install.

Hope this helps.

If anyone needs the install package...here it is!

Atheros.pkg.zip for wireless.

---

FYI, before reformatting, I had the same issues where the card was detected, but I couldn't "turn it on". Now it works flawlessly :)

THANK!!!!

This work with my DELL D610. I m trying to figure out how to connect with WPA2 now

eidwisam

eidwisam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi
I followed the instruction to install my Ar5007EG. but when i reach the code"kextload AirPortAtheros5424.kext" I get the message no such bundle file exists.
any suggestions ??

eidwisam

eidwisam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Ok, got atheros 5005 MiniPCI working, also using 10.4.7 JaS.
edit: please note you have to have your wireless/airport device as en1, in my case my built in ethernet takes en0 so it works out fine. (make change in /library/systemconfiguration/networkinterfaces.plist)

• Download the official Intel 10.4.5 update from Apple (98MB) (http://www.apple.com...45forintel.html)
  • Backup your /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext
  • Extract the IO80211Family.kext from the 10.4.5 update (using pacifist?)
  • open finder to /System/Library/Extensions
  • drag the kext from 10.4.5 update into the /System/Library/Extensions folder
  • enter passsword when prompted
  • open the disk utility (/Application/Utilities/Disk Utility), then repair permissions on your Startup volume (may take a little while)
  • open up terminal, and switch to root (enter sudo -s, enter your user password)
cd /System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 755 IO80211family.kext
chown -R root:wheel IO80211family.kext
then list the contents
ls -l
make sure the IO80211Family line looks like this:
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel  102 Feb  2  2006 IO80211Family.kext
check that the permissions propagated to subdirectories:
cd IO80211Family.kext/contents/plugins
ls -l
should look like this:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel  102 Feb  2  2006 AirPortAtheros5424.kext
drwxr-xr-x   3 root  wheel  102 Feb  2  2006 AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext
then test that the extensions works:
kextload AirPortAtheros5424.kext
should give a extension loaded successfully message

then you have to go to System Preferences>Network
a message should pop up telling you you have a new AirPort. from the Show: box, pick AirPort. you can set the options here, i suggest you check the Show airport status in menu bar, make sure you click apply now.

There you have it, fully working native Atheros card! :P

hi, I followed your instruction, but when I reach the code (kextload airportatheros5424.kext) , I get the message ( no such bundle file exist). Nay suggestions?
I have ahteros 168c, 001c on acer aspire one.
Many thanks

eidwisam

eidwisam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

edit: please note you have to have your wireless/airport device as en1, in my case my built in ethernet takes en0 so it works out fine. (make change in /library/systemconfiguration/networkinterfaces.plist)

• Download the official Intel 10.4.5 update from Apple (98MB) (http://www.apple.com...45forintel.html)
  • open the disk utility (/Application/Utilities/Disk Utility), then repair permissions on your Startup volume (may take a little while)
  • open up terminal, and switch to root (enter sudo -s, enter your user password)
then list the contents
ls -l
ls -l
should look like this:
total 0

a message should pop up telling you you have a new AirPort. from the Show: box, pick AirPort. you can set the options here, i suggest you check the Show airport status in menu bar, make sure you click apply now.

There you have it, fully working native Atheros card! :P

hi, I followed your instruction, but when I reach the code (kextload airportatheros5424.kext) , I get the message ( no such bundle file exist). Nay suggestions?
Many thanks

then list the contents
ls -l
ls -l
should look like this:
total 0

There you have it, fully working native Atheros card! ;)

hi, I followed your instruction, but when I reach the code (kextload airportatheros5424.kext) , I get the message ( no such bundle file exist). Any suggestions?
Many thanks

Gabo_c

Gabo_c

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Hi,

I'm searching for a workaround or a driver for an atheros AR5005G Wlan-Card (in a Laptop)

Is there any solution to get it running?

Thanks!

Well playing arround I found a way to make work with a lattest version of IO80211Family.kext (ver 2.1.4) for 10.5.6 I hope this one works for you. tested with a 10.5.6 and vanilla, on a tp-link tl-wn551g (168c,001a) (atheros 5005g) PCI.
Sometimes sleep works, but if not, you have to deactivate airport before sleep....but almost times works fine.

EDIT!!!

Solved at all use Wireless Sleeper, just add to autorun programs at users startup items , now allways sleep without a problem download here

pimpinmonkey247

pimpinmonkey247

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Well playing arround I found a way to make work with a lattest version of IO80211Family.kext (ver 2.1.4) for 10.5.6 I hope this one works for you. tested with a 10.5.6 and vanilla, on a tp-link tl-wn551g (168c,001a) (atheros 5005g) PCI.
Sometimes sleep works, but if not, you have to deactivate airport before sleep....but almost times works fine.

EDIT!!!

Solved at all use Wireless Sleeper, just add to autorun programs at users startup items , now allways sleep without a problem download here

Is this kext spose to work for 5007eg? Cause i had no luck.

Gabo_c

Gabo_c

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Is this kext spose to work for 5007eg? Cause i had no luck.

No, this is a topic for the atheros ar5005g, look here for the 5007 http://www.insanelym...t=#entry1051305

Gabo_c

Gabo_c

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Hi,

I'm searching for a workaround or a driver for an atheros AR5005G Wlan-Card (in a Laptop)

Is there any solution to get it running?

Thanks!

Once again after airport security update 2009-1 you will loose wireless again, then i made a new one after install it only for 10.5.6 here :

darthkud

darthkud

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Once again after airport security update 2009-1 you will loose wireless again, then i made a new one after install it only for 10.5.6 here :

Ahh! Thank you very much! After applying the new kext, it worked perfectly with my dlink DWL-G510 wireless card. I did have to delete the network connection and add it back but other than that no problems.

Out of curiosity... what did you have to change in the package?

jasballz

jasballz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Check out my post:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=156546

I have an Atheros AR5007EG in my Acer Aspire 3680-2633 Laptop, I have not been able to get it to work at all. It has the vendor ID of 168c, and device ID of 1c. I'm trying to use it on a 10.4.8 Jas install, and have also tried using the 10.4.5 kexts. Can someone help me out? Thanks

Gabo_c

Gabo_c

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Ahh! Thank you very much! After applying the new kext, it worked perfectly with my dlink DWL-G510 wireless card. I did have to delete the network connection and add it back but other than that no problems.

Out of curiosity... what did you have to change in the package?

The binary IO80211Family

enDal

enDal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have Acer TravelMate 2482 with atheros 5005G(vendor 168c, device 001a). After installing kext from post 272 it works somehow - it is detected in System Profiler:
Wireless Card Type:	AirPort Extreme  (0x168C, 0x418)
  Wireless Card Locale:	Unknown
  Wireless Card Firmware Version:	0.1.31.1
  Current Wireless Network:	wireless network not available
and can scan and display available networks.
But when i try to connect to network it says 'Connection failed'
In dmesg I see following messages:
AirPort_Athr5424: Ethernet address 00:16:cf:50:64:f7
unable to start recv logic
ath_chan_set: unable to restart recv logic
I've tried kismac cheat with no results.
Any help?

enDal

enDal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
a little bit more googling and found solution =)
http://www.insanelym...showtopic=40317

Nicole

Nicole

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
When I type ls -1, the 80211 kext files does not show up as "drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Feb 2 2006 80211Family.kext" but it only shows up as 80211Family.kext

and for the next step, it doesn't come up as

total 0
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Feb 2 2006 AirPortAtheros5424.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Feb 2 2006 AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext

but it just comes up as

AirPortAtheros.kext
AppleAirportAtheros5424.kext

does anyone know what the problem is? I've been at this for close to five months with no help.
I have an Atheros AR5B91

Thanks in Advance.

sado0og

sado0og

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
my mac shows that my wireless is AR242x

but my real wireless is AR5007

why ??

TORKY7

TORKY7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have a Dlink DWL-G510 rev B (Atheros AR5005G 802.11abg 168c 001a). I was able to get this working out of the box when I installed iDeneb v1 and selected the Atheros WiFi adapter during custom install.

Hope this helps.

If anyone needs the install package...here it is!

Atheros.pkg.zip for wireless.

---

FYI, before reformatting, I had the same issues where the card was detected, but I couldn't "turn it on". Now it works flawlessly :P

Спасибо огромное! Завел на Hakintosh 10.5.6 Retail адаптер Wi-Fi TrenDnet TEW-441PC_443PI (Atheros AR5005GS)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy