Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

This is a new build with more settings possible in Info.plist. Contains device-id -> name for both nVidia and ATI.

Inside is default settings for ati and nvidia which will be set if not otherwise specified. To specify other settings for a specific device id put a string inside the dictionary of the device id, with key "entriesToAddKey" and value of your choice. Then add to the entriesToAdd dictionary of the vendor, a dictionary with the key you choose before. Then this should be loaded for devices where entriesToAddKey is set to the dictionary's key.

This sounds confusing, but it's actually now. I'm just to tired to explain it better right now. If someone can explain this better, it would be great.

But anyway, this design should make it possible to collect the different configurations that work, and put them inside their own dictionaries, then point the device ids to the right dictionary for the card.

Warning: this has not been tested very much (and only on nVidia), and the default values might not work for you as they're taken from attempts at getting multiple displays working.

Please report back any bugs you find. Stories of success is also welcome. ;)

--- EDIT ---

The reason why I'm not releasing source code yet is that the source contains a lot of confusing and messy vbe & gdt/ldt code which is not in use yet. Once I get it fully working and cleaned up I will of course release the source again.

--- EDIT ---

I've removed from some entries from the ATI default values and set the display-connect-flags to the right values on suggestion from MiR.

--- EDIT ---

New release with test of ATI autodetect of X1300, X1600, X1800 & X1900 based on values provided by Ciber.

Please report any results as the code for multiple settings for different device-ids has not been tested yet.

--- EDIT ---

For QE/CI you have to add the device id of your card in ATIRadeonX1000.kext.

Hi! i Tried for Ati radeon xpress 1250. It didn,t work.

pls help me for this .

Thanks

I have my 9600m GT up and running except via internal LCD which Im still working on...I used iPC 10.5.6 and selected ONLY NVDarwin 512mb for the graphic options, both my HDMI and VGA have full hw support etc...now just need to get my internal working

I run a Toshiba Qosmio G50

Any updates buddy?

did you used the "Ideneb 1.4"?

did you used the DVI port to connect to the tv / LCD ?

Anything wrong when you put -v at booting?

only weird thing for me was there was like a spam of "appleDecrypt"

Did you installed Darwin or Nvinject at the customize?

remember to use the 256mb setup on darwin / nvinjectgo

Which one should one choose?

Does this work for the Nvidia Go 7300? Cause I'm using a modded nvinject right now to get monitor out with qe and ci

Which Distro, which video driver / kext etc?

• 4 weeks later...

i Install natit and on ATIRadeonX1000 write my id..Natit is found my card...but after /usr/sbin/ocspd[95]: starting my os is freezes on boot..how to fix this?

i try with keys -x -f but this don't helped me :P

Video:ATI Mobility Radeon X1450

hi, i'm using Natit in my Acer Aspire 5594WXMi (Mobility Radeon X1600)

with device ID 71c5 (yes, already supported in your "autoATI" kext)

the result is QE/CI enabled. i can see ripple in Dashboard

but i can't change my monitor resolution.

i'm stuck @ 1024x768.

i'm using SnowOSX Universal v3.6a

i need to delete ATI1600Controller in order to boot, otherwise its KP :P

is there anything i can do to change resolution to 1280x800 in my internal LCD ??

Thanks!

PS: before i'm using Natit, i use boot.plist method

adding "device-properties" and hex value i got from gfxutil.

and still the same result (QE/CI enable, but stuck @ 1024x768)