Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

Ahm I think you can just install the new package but PLEASE save your setting and files before (because of the beta stage)! I don't want that the files will be blown away because of my installer :sorcerer:

@joe75:

Sorry but Natit isn't working with the other cards yet! Maybe the future brings more support!

but why does it find my x700 perfectly then? and x700 cards can work with the 9700radeon kext, and so kan x800 cards.

can someone explain me why these cards cant get to work?

but why does it find my x700 perfectly then? and x700 cards can work with the 9700radeon kext, and so kan x800 cards.

can someone explain me why these cards cant get to work?

1. Because it reads out the devID and theres the whole ATI devID catalog in the kext!!

2. It doesn't work because the right drivers will not be called (Only ATINDRV, for X1000 series)!

1. Because it reads out the devID and theres the whole ATI devID catalog in the kext!!

2. It doesn't work because the right drivers will not be called (Only ATINDRV, for X1000 series)!

and isn't there a way to use the atiradeon9700.kext? because at this moment, i have qe and ci with this kext, and with callisto i can set res also, only it is a messed up horizontal lines screen.

sorry if im telling some stupid things, but it isn't very clear to me.

thanks for all the answers.

Ruud

hmm :sorcerer: , maybe i will try.

Do you have DVI working?

nope, only qe and ci, when i open system profiler, i see that it doesn't find my card, only have vga because its an x700 mobility

about automatic way of getting EDID best way is i2c , apple do provide i2cinterface but problem with it is work "when he want" ....

I have a question about this method. As far as I can see, the IOFramebuffer I2C interface is first created when the nVidia driver initializes, but the EDID values are needed before. Am I overlooking something here - ie. is it possible to make I2C request before the driver is initialized? If so could you point me in the direction of the class to use? I've been looking at the IOI2CInterface.h, but it seems to need an IOFramebuffer instance.

That's why I originally looked at calling the VBE/Core 3.0 protected mode interface to retrieve the EDID. Is there some reason why this should not work?

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

First - let me say I think this is a great piece of work.

That said, let me ask for what I hope is a *small* feature. I have downloaded all three of the Natit*.kext packages. I unpacked them in different locations and scanned the Contents -> Info.plist using finder and the Plist Editor from Xcode.

My concern is that I can't tell the difference between the various Natit.kext packages. I assume the code is different. However, when I try to experiment with different versions it is somewhat problematic trying to be sure which one is in use.

Would it be possible to place a short comment in the Info.plist file that identifies which version it is. i.e., Standard - Edited - Auto detect ...

the NATIT AUTO ATI kext

both output are working

i cant upload them download 10.4.5 Combo or Neo 3.6 :)

I've a Sapphire X1600 Pro 512Mb AGP.

I've ATINDRV and IONDRVSupport from version .5 (i'm trying to attacch them to this post, but something doesn't work)

I'm trying ATIauto.kext but dual display doesn't work

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

Slot: SLOT-1

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x71c2

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display:

I've a Sapphire X1600 Pro 512Mb AGP.

I've ATINDRV and IONDRVSupport from version .5

I'm trying ATIauto.kext but dual display doesn't work

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600

Bus: AGP

Slot: SLOT-1

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Display:

I have the PCIe version of this card (1 DVI port and 1 VGA port) and can't get pure DVI out of the card. I can only get VGA output from the DVI > VGA adapter.

Do you get pure DVI from your card?

First - let me say I think this is a great piece of work.

That said, let me ask for what I hope is a *small* feature. I have downloaded all three of the Natit*.kext packages. I unpacked them in different locations and scanned the Contents -> Info.plist using finder and the Plist Editor from Xcode.

My concern is that I can't tell the difference between the various Natit.kext packages. I assume the code is different. However, when I try to experiment with different versions it is somewhat problematic trying to be sure which one is in use.

Would it be possible to place a short comment in the Info.plist file that identifies which version it is. i.e., Standard - Edited - Auto detect ...

I'm going to add version numbers for all future releases. The newest available right now is the auto version.

I have the PCIe version of this card (1 DVI port and 1 VGA port) and can't get pure DVI out of the card. I can only get VGA output from the DVI > VGA adapter.

Do you get pure DVI from your card?

I get the vga output like you by default. Even if playing with the ATIinject.kext and EDID values i was able to make dvi port work, but vga port doesn't work anymore. It's a bit confused, but look here

Work for me but no dual display

I have two monitor LCD 19' in VGA-DVI adapter and CRT 17' in VGA

and X1600Pro PCI-e 512MB 0x71c2 1002

I have look info.plist but this section it must be modified for ATI?

</dict>
				<key>entriesToAdd</key>
				<dict>
					<key>default</key>
					<dict>
						<key>@0,EDID</key>
						<data>
						APUFS/74CBgHFPAQEBAQ
						EBAQEBAQEBMCoAmFEAKk
						AwcBMAUg4RAAAeAAAA/Q
						A4Sx5RDgAKICAgICAgAA
						AA/ABTeW5jTWFzdGVyCi
						AgAAAA/wBINEpYQTExMj
						I5CiAgAC
						</data>
						<key>@0,NVMT</key>
						<data>
						CgN/IEwtHAJ4BRoESAfQ
						BWAGAABBBB0EIQQAAPDB
						QQcAAAEAAAAA/wAAAAAA
						AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
						AAAAAAAA
						</data>
						<key>@0,compatible</key>
						<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
						<key>@0,device_type</key>
						<string>display</string>
						<key>@0,fboffset</key>
						<integer>131072</integer>
						<key>@0,name</key>
						<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>
						<key>@1,EDID</key>
						<data>
						APUFS/74CBgHFPAQEBAQ
						EBAQEBAQEBMCoAmFEAKk
						AwcBMAUg4RAAAeAAAA/Q
						A4Sx5RDgAKICAgICAgAA
						AA/ABTeW5jTWFzdGVyCi
						AgAAAA/wBINEpYQTExMj
						I5CiAgAC
						</data>
						<key>@1,compatible</key>
						<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
						<key>@1,device_type</key>
						<string>display</string>
						<key>@1,name</key>
						<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>
						<key>NVCAP</key>
						<data>
						BAABAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAA
						CgAAAAA=
						</data>
						<key>device_type</key>
						<string>NVDA,Parent</string>
					</dict>
				</dict>
				<key>name</key>
				<string>nVidia</string>

I get the vga output like you by default. Even if playing with the ATIinject.kext and EDID values i was able to make dvi port work, but vga port doesn't work anymore. It's a bit confused, but look here

I would take the DVI port only as I have no need for doing dual monitor and have no need for the VGA port to work. I need to hook up my card via DVI > HDMI cable to my brand new 46" Samsung 1080P LCD (native 1920x1080)...well, about 6 weeks old, now.

Looking at your threads, it appears that in order for me to do as you did I would need to know the Sammy's EDID. Is this correct? If I had this info, and followed what you did, do you think I'll get DVI to work?

How can I get the EDID of my Sammy? I don't have Windows installed on my Hack installation.

So here are my results:

X1600XT(PCI-E) two DVI outputs

IONDRVSupport .5 and ATINDRV .5=Crash at loginwindow

IONDRVSupport .8 and ATINDRV .8=lose second screen at login, everything works on first screen

IONDRVSupport .5 and ATINDRV .8=lose second screen at login, everything works on first screen.

IONDRVSupport .8 and ATINDRV .5=Both screens work in mirrored mode, but lose res change.

I gotta head out for a bit, but there might be some hope with IONDRVSupport .8 and ATINDRV .5, i think... heh.

Neopheus, your installer worked perfect, i like it when it does the optimization at the end.

It worked, it installed perfectly over your previous 3.5 installer.

System Profiler shows same data, however there is now an entry at bottom for Display:

Good work to all involved.

Thanks

Radeon X1600 Series:

Chipset Model: Radeon X1600 Series

Bus: PCI (in fact AGP)

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Displays:

VGA Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Display:

Neopheus, your installer worked perfect, i like it when it does the optimization at the end.

It worked, it installed perfectly over your previous 3.5 installer.

System Profiler shows same data, however there is now an entry at bottom for Display:

Good work to all involved.

Thanks

Radeon X1600 Series:

Chipset Model: Radeon X1600 Series

Bus: PCI (in fact AGP)

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Displays:

VGA Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Display:

Thanks for the report, Billy!

However, I need testers for NVidia cards too! Would be perfect!