"Titan" Enables QE/CI for Hackintosh NVIDIA Cards

REVENGE

58 posts in this topic

Working great for my GeForce 7800GT and ACD 30" display... running at 2560x1600 resolution and looking wonderful!

One thing to note, however, is that it won't boot to the GUI when I have both my 7800gt cards in the computer. I use SLI in Windows XP, but I guess that freaks out the loader. It recognizes that I have two installed, but it hangs shortly afterward when booting in Darwin.

Great work!

If anyone gets problems, remember to get the kexts seperately from Demonoid. If at all possible, try to use a 10.4.8 8.8.1 Install DVD from the start to avoid problems such as black screen, inverted, NForce mobo f***ups, etc.

here we go again, stupid questions...

i have an "nVidia geForce 440MX" and i would like QE/CI support.

1) I downloaded the accellerated nvidia kext's but the readme says i need to be running 10.4.8 (which i am) and kernel 8.8.1 (which i'm not)

2) I have an sse2 cpu, can i upgrade to the 8.8.1 kernel ? if so how ? URL ?

3) After upgrading the kernel (if at all possible) can i expect QE/CI to work ?

QE and CI are not available unless you have a running 8.8.1 kernel.

8.8.1 is not SSE2 compatible at the moment.

Maybe not, we are seeing that the newer cards are getting QE/CI, but is a matter of test your card once the kernel supports SSE2 (or emulates SSE3).

QE and CI are not available unless you have a running 8.8.1 kernel.

8.8.1 is not SSE2 compatible at the moment.

Maybe not, we are seeing that the newer cards are getting QE/CI, but is a matter of test your card once the kernel supports SSE2 (or emulates SSE3).

any idea of an ETA on sse2 support for kernel 8.8.1 ?