Want 10.4.8? Think you 'have' 10.4.8? It's out!

cmoski

233 posts in this topic

sorry for the extremely n00bish quesiton.

but i was wondering how do i tell if my chipset is gma900 or 950 or anything else?

also, i have a working soundblaster usb card and its fully working with 10.4.6 and i noticed that JaS put an option to install sounblaster usb in the 10.4.8 disc. if its already working do i have to still click that box? or does 10.4.8 introduce new problems with the card?

thanks in advance.

ps. i would just trial and error but i wont be home for awhile and i'm just being bored.

@JaS: I believe I have solved the FireGL5200 problem, the question remains whether it works for VGA, which I can test tomorrow. The problem is that it does not work for internal LCD, system boots but colors are completely off and it looks like the picture is set up for a 17 inch widescreen.

Where do I contact the driver maintainers for this package in order to merge FireGL5200 support?

Hi guys, I'm new to this site but I think I'll become a regular. :P

I am currently d/l the"++Demonoid.com++-JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.Combo.Update.torrent" to see if I mange to get it to work with a Dell Latitude D620 I've just been given by my company instead of the MacBook Pro I asked for. :)

Well, I'll just have to get my MB Pro later and hack the Dell to get what I want (and need) to work.

My question is simple:

Will it work or is it the dameged one I've been reading through this post?

Gracias

I downloaded the iso tried to install on a previously successful 10.4.6 on a Qosmio Laptop. Get to the mac grey screen then, the laptop switched off.

OK plan 'B' PAtch the ISO with the AMD Beta, burn the dvd, try to install on a AMD 4000+ with a gigagyte Mobo, Whhops! crash and burn again "Kernel Panic, unresolved kernel trap, cpu 0 type 13 =general protection"

Anyone like a couple of DVD coasters? what a waste of frikkin' time & effort!!!!

Silly question and has probably already been answered, but . . what's the difference between the semthex and mifki kernel ? Or which one should I use ?

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

2x512MB DDR2 667MHZ GEiL RAM in dual channel

GA-965P-S3 /w the F4 bios and also with the F6 bios

Asus Nvidia 7600GT 256MB PCI-X

200GB SATA HDD as disk 0 with XP

80GB SATA HDD as disk 1 to have OSX86

I used Pion's (extremely handy) Gigabyte DS3/4 Installer package, and it made everything work: Audio, Internet, ICH8. Great work Pion - much appreciated! :)

While I search, could I possibly get a link from you for this ?

Edit: Found this Rapidshare link but I can hardly ever dl from Rapidshare, could someone post an alternate link ? :s

Closed for now, thanks to all who replied!

New Info Thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32827