• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

weeguy

weeguy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I'm currently getting my hands dirty by trying to port Vienna (RSS Reader).
I don't have experience with porting apps so I thought this app should be relatively easy to begin with.
I opened the project in Xcode 2.1 and saw that there were several entries under Other Frameworks highlighted in red. Namely SystemConfiguration.framework, Webkit.framework, ApplicationServices.framework and Security.framework.

I deleted those entries and replaced them with the ones found in /System/Library/Frameworks/ . Is that the correct way to do so?

Thereafter, I changed the necessary project settings to make it compile as an Intel binary (ie change Architectures to i386).

When I tried building it, the sources compiled ok but the errors came when Xcode tried to link the frameworks.

Ld /Users/me/2.0.0/build/Deployment/Vienna.app/Contents/MacOS/Vienna normal i386
	mkdir /Users/me/2.0.0/build/Deployment/Vienna.app/Contents/MacOS
	cd /Users/me/2.0.0
	setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.4
	/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -o /Users/me/2.0.0/build/Deployment/Vienna.app/Contents/MacOS/Vienna -L/Users/me/2.0.0/build/Deployment -L/Users/chongwee/2.0.0 -F/Users/me/2.0.0/build/Deployment -F/Users/me/2.0.0 -F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks -filelist /Users/me/2.0.0/build/Vienna.build/Deployment/Vienna.build/Objects-normal/i386/Vienna.LinkFileList -framework Cocoa -framework AddressBook -framework Growl -lsqlite3 -framework ApplicationServices -framework SystemConfiguration -framework WebKit -framework Security -arch i386 -lcurl
/usr/bin/ld: warning -F: directory name (/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks) does not exist
/usr/bin/ld: warning /Users/me/2.0.0/Growl.framework/Growl cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
.objc_class_name_GrowlApplicationBridge
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

It seems that the Growl framework that came with the source was built for ppc. So how could I get over this?

If anyone's interested, the instructions for Vienna developers can be found here:
http://www.opencommu...vienna_dev.html

faust93

faust93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

/usr/bin/ld: warning /Users/me/2.0.0/Growl.framework/Growl cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not loaded)
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
.objc_class_name_GrowlApplicationBridge
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status[/code]

It seems that the Growl framework that came with the source was built for ppc. So how could I get over this?
If anyone's interested, the instructions for Vienna developers can be found here:
http://www.opencommu...vienna_dev.html

Linker reports error cause of Growl.framework precompiled for PPC! Replace it with x86 version. Search forum/wiki, there exist x86 binary of this framework already. or compile it yourself.

Chad

Chad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I've been fighting with the Vienna compile all day! You might look into replacing those frameworks with the ones in the 10.4u SDK. If you didn't install that, re-mount the Xcode image (or re-download it), and open the Packages folder. There are all sorts of neat toys in there. I seem to have gotten past all the errors, but I'm still getting a PPC-only build when I compile. I'll try to keep you posted...

stevepa

stevepa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi! Any success in getting Vienna to build for x86?

dasepsilon

dasepsilon

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
mmh, dont know if it really works-
i just compiled it and started it.
it could connect and i could read some rss.
thats all testing i have done.
(eeh, were links allowed? if not, i'll edit asap)

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
Sure, links are allowed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy