tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Lenovo T460 macOS with Clover Guide

Various Tweaks over Last months

Spoiler

The zip file is a complete Clover ESP (/EFI) bundle and kext pack for the Lenovo T460. The current file bundle is tested on Sierra. 

Note: I never got the GFX fully working on El Capitan. 

• Full Clover file set - config.plist etc.
  • Includes all custom kexts
  • Includes custom DSDT/SSDT scripts and patches
  • Utility scripts

The zip bundles are posted to GitHub: https://github.com/tluck/Lenovo-T460-Clover/releases

Caveat: My system is a T460 with i5-6300U, Intel HD Graphics 520, 1920x1080 touch screen. If you have a different system model, then extract the ACPI files and use the included scripts to create a set of files consistent with your system type and BIOS version. See below for details.

Credits: RehabMan, Shmilee, vusun123, TimeWalker, Mieze from which, much of their work and help is/was was used to get the T460 to this point.

Devices and aspects working:

1. Ethernet -  Intel I219LM is enabled via IntelMausiEthernext.kext
  2. WiFi/BT - substitute the Intel WiFi/BT with a compatible Broadcom or Atheros chip
  3. Audio - ALC293 codec implemented via AppleALC.kext (old AppleHDA_ALC293 and CodecCommander kexts are not needed)
  4. PS2 - ClickPad + TrackPoint + all 3 buttons - using a modified VoodooPS2Controller to support new layouts - and added some custom Fn key maps based on 440/450 dsdt
  5. USB - implemented via custom SSDT + USBInjectAll kext. All USB3/USB2 ports are intel-based and work -  3 external USB and internal Camera, BT, etc 
  6. Sleep/Wake - the sleepwatcher package and custom sleep/wake scripts are used to help with sleep/wake for BT and PS2 devices.

Note: have not tried to implement the SD card reader - no driver found.

ACPI Files

Spoiler

New Installation - Steps and Details

Spoiler

Part 1 - OS Installation

Spoiler

Part 2- Post OS Installation and Setup

Spoiler

Notes on Custom Kexts

Spoiler

Edited by tluck, 05 November 2017 - 02:10 PM.

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

On the graphics, I don't think the DVMT is the problem, as most Skylake laptops with closed-off bios such as Dell and Acer also have 32MB DVMT-pre allocated memory and they still boot in just fine - only minor glitch on finder bar and gradient area, but that can be dealt with by using other display color profiles

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,079 posts

First off, EDID. Use MonInfo ( Windows ) and post the current EDID of your monitor ( in text format, save the raw numbers ). Then we will actually have something to work with. There are also cases of laptop display ( mainly Sony Vaio ) doesn't detect the right EDID, therefore it will get stuck or black screen with backlight on

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,079 posts

OK nothing new here. Did you try manually injecting EDID into your DSDT ? Also put it in your config.plist for making sure it will always get injected

azerty076

azerty076

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Hello,

Can you upgrade your guide with what is working or not?

Thank you

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,079 posts

Hello,

Can you upgrade your guide with what is working or not?

Thank you

Everything will work except for:

1. Stock Intel Wireless Card ( replace with a BCM4352Z or Dell Wireless 1830A ( BCM4360Z )

2. Graphics ( currently bugged )

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

@azerty076 - just posted a reply on another site. but i will update the GUIDE with my latest files etc. 

So quickly what works:

1) ethernet - IntelMausi kext
2) WiFi/BT - with Dell 1510 (BCM43252Z) - BrcmPatchRAM2 modified for to slow down firmware for USB wake.
3) Audio - ALC293 AppleHDA.kext
4) PS2 - Clickpad/Trackpad + TrackPoint + all 3 buttons - VoodooPS2Controller modified - F key maps
5) USB - custom SSDT + USBInjectAll kext mods. so all external USB3/USB2 ports and internal ports - Camera, BT work.
6) sleep/wake

have not messed with SD Card.

azerty076

azerty076

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

@azerty076 - just posted a reply on another site. but i will update the GUIDE with my latest files etc. 

So quickly what works:

1) ethernet - IntelMausi kext
2) WiFi/BT - with Dell 1510 (BCM43252Z) - BrcmPatchRAM2 modified for to slow down firmware for USB wake.
3) Audio - ALC293 AppleHDA.kext
4) PS2 - Clickpad/Trackpad + TrackPoint + all 3 buttons - VoodooPS2Controller modified - F key maps
5) USB - custom SSDT + USBInjectAll kext mods. so all external USB3/USB2 ports and internal ports - Camera, BT work.
6) sleep/wake
7) GFX 2D - turn off IntelAccellerator.

have not messed with SD Card.

Hello,

I saw your message on the other site. It will be good if you can update this guide with the latest files ;) 

Otherwise, I think that i saw in the bios that we can configure the NVRAM size, for me it was 128Mo I think. I have a core i7 6660U.

aleixsr

aleixsr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I posted the current/updated zip - not much changed. 

@tluck,

hello In my case I have 3D acceleration but I have transparency glitches only. I didn't rename file AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext and my Hackintosh is working like a charm.

Here I attach transparency glitch example:

do you have this issue also ?

Attached Files

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,961 posts

@aleixsr - what is your machine model? perhaps post your clover ESP and any other ideas for comparison? i will repost my zip later today. i made some slight changes in the VoodooPS2Controller kext.

aleixsr

aleixsr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

It is exact the same as yours.

Here I attach my CLOVER folder in EFI partition, I think it is what you need.

Attached Files

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,079 posts

@tluck,

hello In my case I have 3D acceleration but I have transparency glitches only. I didn't rename file AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext and my Hackintosh is working like a charm.

Here I attach transparency glitch example:

do you have this issue also ?

Try changing display color profile. One of the sRGB profiles will solve the issue

aleixsr

aleixsr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

darn. no joy. i tried your clover zip and got to same exact place - hung on IntelAccelerator.

wonder about differences in computer

cpu  - mine is i5-6300U? vs you have i5-6200U.

LCD - do you have touch screen?

i noticed you dont have a DSDT or SSDT files in your ACPI folders?

$ ioreg -l 

| |   | | +-o IOFramebufferUserClient  <class IOFramebufferUserClient, id 0x1000003df, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
    | |   | |     {
    | |   | |       "IOUserClientCreator" = "pid 220, WindowServer"
    | |   | |     }
    | |   | |    
    | |   | +-o IntelAccelerator  <class IntelAccelerator, id 0x1000002fd, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 10>
    | |   |   | {
^C^C^C

I don't have touch screen.

Why you said I don't have DSDT and SDST? Yes, I have it and I'm based on your files you posted on another forum. Please let me know.

Here is my ioreg -l:

| |   | | +-o IOFramebufferUserClient  <class IOFramebufferUserClient, id 0x100000380, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
    | |   | | |   {
    | |   | | |     "IOUserClientCreator" = "pid 172, WindowServer"
    | |   | | |   }
    | |   | | |
    | |   | | +-o IOFramebufferSharedUserClient  <class IOFramebufferSharedUserClient, id 0x100000431, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
    | |   | |     {
    | |   | |       "IOUserClientSharedInstance" = Yes
    | |   | |       "IOUserClientCreator" = "pid 1071, firefox"
    | |   | |     }
    | |   | |
    | |   | +-o AppleIntelFramebuffer@1  <class AppleIntelFramebuffer, id 0x1000002d3, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 14>
    | |   | | | {

| |   | +-o IntelAccelerator  <class IntelAccelerator, id 0x1000002d0, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (42 ms), retain 92>

Please tell me how can I help you.

Try changing display color profile. One of the sRGB profiles will solve the issue

GREAAAATTTT !!!!!

It's true! Using sRGB IEC61966-2.1 Display profile did the trick!!

Thank you very much!!!

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,079 posts

GREAAAATTTT !!!!!

It's true! Using sRGB IEC61966-2.1 Display profile did the trick!!

Thank you very much!!!

In fact your problem is the same as Haswell's 9MB Cursor issue. A little bit edit to the framebuffer will solve this matter without changing display profile, but I'm no expert on this one

aleixsr

aleixsr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Sorry, you're completely right, I don't understand what happened when I compressed files.

Here is the correct version, you'll fine references to your nickname ;)

Attached Files

aleixsr

aleixsr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

cool. i'll test this out later. as i said i wanted to replicate your setup to see what is different on my box.

is your LCD touch?

No, my LCD isn't touch.

aleixsr

aleixsr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

In fact your problem is the same as Haswell's 9MB Cursor issue. A little bit edit to the framebuffer will solve this matter without changing display profile, but I'm no expert on this one

Hi, it is not fully fixed, can you help me or tell me where I can found info about how to solve it ?

Thank you

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,079 posts

Hi, it is not fully fixed, can you help me or tell me where I can found info about how to solve it ?

Thank you

Google "Haswell 9MB Cursor Patch" and 1st result should be from tony's site. It has basic information on how to fix that problem on Haswell, take that and do what you can with Skylake ( do not replicate the same patch onto the SKLFramebuffer, I do not know if the patch will crash your system or not )

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,079 posts

well - still no luck here on full 3D gfx - i took your zip and booted up - but again IntelAcellerator hangs.

seems the touch display is the difference.

Is your touch display PS2-based or I2C based ?

aleixsr

aleixsr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Hello, I discovered that if I boot Windows and then reboot these graphic glitches don't appear, it is related to framebuffer? How can I know what I must change?

Here I attach ioreg files booting directly to OS X and rebooting from Windows.

Thank you very much

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lenovo, T460, Skylake

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy