• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

bluedragon1971

bluedragon1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

I just flashed my bios everything went well only problem is that I cannot seem to find the right dell 1490 rev a04 driver for xp. I have tried about 8 none work can anybody help thanks.

Sorry, can't help you there. I was using Vista which detected the card with no problems.

MagoSaGazzu

MagoSaGazzu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Good news!! :) F27 is now patched and working without a whitelist!! Have fun with it. Intel dv6000 and dv9000 models ONLY. http://rapidshare.co...431/sp36368.rar

For those who care to know why my previous attempt failed, it seems that I accidentally put the F8 into the decimal field in my hex editor instead of in the hex field, which converted it to some other value! Yes, it was a boneheaded mistake. :P

hi, i have a dv6137ea with f27 bios. this is compatible for my notebook? i have the 104 error when put on the dell dw 1490 minipci-e in my notebook.

sorry for my english.

tanks

dark_knight_1408

dark_knight_1408

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
How to make wifi Intel work Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection on my HP Presario V3000 (RD473PA#UUF) ??? Help me

guilliamo

guilliamo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

hi, i have a dv6137ea with f27 bios. this is compatible for my notebook? i have the 104 error when put on the dell dw 1490 minipci-e in my notebook.

sorry for my english.

tanks

Yes, according to HP <http://h10025.www1.h...289593&lang=en> your machine uses the same F27 BIOS.
Bluedragon1971's patched BIOS will eliminate the "104" error.

Note that AMD-based DV6000 & DV9000 machines and some of the newest Intel-based DV6000 & DV9000 machines do use a different BIOS.

G :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Laptop DV9230US 1.66 GHz Core2Duo 2GB DDR2 RAM F27 BIOS w/Bluedragon1971 whitelist patch to allow booting with non-stock mini-PCIE wireless card
2X 250GB (2X 233GB Formatted) WD SATA WD2500BEVS Hard Drives (run quiet and cool)
Dell 1490 (Broadcom) mini-PCIE Wireless
Vista Ultimate on first HDD, formatted NTFS
OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4ir3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater) on second HDD, formatted HFS+ & MBR
Darwin Kernel 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386
EasyBCD BootLoader

XBench 1.3: 109.19
Working in OSX: Sleep; Dual widescreen monitors (Internal @ 1440 by 900 & external Dell 2405FPW 24" LCD DVI @ 1920 by 1200) both w/QE/CI/Rotation, iLife08, iWork08, Built-in speakers, Camera/PhotoBooth, Sonix WebCam Monitor, Wireless
Not working in OSX: Sound in/out other than built-in speakers (Conexant)

macubergeek

macubergeek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Anyway to flash this without Windows? I don't have a copy laying around anymore and don't really want to mess with it. I do have a bootable USB drive with dos on it that i use to do my flashing with.

dark_knight_1408

dark_knight_1408

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
How to make wifi Intel work Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection on my HP Presario V3000 (RD473PA#UUF) with the same of HP dv9000??? Help me

ManCas

ManCas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Sorry to bother you guys but I was wondering if someone could help me to patch the BIOS from a dv6220 with AMD Turion x2 (not mine). I tried to follow the posted instructions but it seems that this BIOS is very different. It comes with a Broadcom wireless card, but i'm trying to put my intel 3945 in it, so I can keep the Broadcom (working awesome in os x right now)

I'm not getting any 401 error but Windows (vista) doesn't seem to even see the hardware. It says it can't load the drivers, so I thought maybe it has something to do with the BIOS.

Can anyone please help me?

Cheers

PS: I tried two Intel 3945 with no success.
Bluedragon's patched BIOS worked great for my dv6135, where I put the Broadcom card.

bluedragon1971

bluedragon1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Anyway to flash this without Windows? I don't have a copy laying around anymore and don't really want to mess with it. I do have a bootable USB drive with dos on it that i use to do my flashing with.

Sorry, the only flashing utils I know of that work for this are Windows based. You could use one of the Windows XP live CDs that I've seen floating around the net though, I assume.

guilliamo

guilliamo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Sorry to bother you guys but I was wondering if someone could help me to patch the BIOS from a dv6220 with AMD Turion x2 (not mine). I tried to follow the posted instructions but it seems that this BIOS is very different. It comes with a Broadcom wireless card, but i'm trying to put my intel 3945 in it, so I can keep the Broadcom (working awesome in os x right now)

I'm not getting any 401 error but Windows (vista) doesn't seem to even see the hardware. It says it can't load the drivers, so I thought maybe it has something to do with the BIOS.

Can anyone please help me?

Cheers

PS: I tried two Intel 3945 with no success.
Bluedragon's patched BIOS worked great for my dv6135, where I put the Broadcom card.

Like you, I have an Intel-based HP, so I don't know about patching the BIOS on an AMD machine, but:

1) You implied that the Broadcom card worked fine in the dv6220, is that correct ?

2) On the dv6220 with the Intel card installed, does the card show up in the device manager ?

3) On the dv6220 is there any BIOS entry related to the wireless ?

4) I'm pretty sure that HP only puts the drivers on the laptop that correspond to the wireless card that shipped with the laptop. Have you attempted to install Intel 3945 drivers on the dv6220 ?
You may be able to do that by letting Vista search for them on the internet or a Vista install DVD. (If, of course, the card actually shows up in device manager.)

5) There seem to be lots of folks struggling with wireless in Vista on these machines. See <http://forums1.itrc....6759 28353475>. It is possible you've backed into another issue.

6) As you suggest, it may also be that the dv6220 has some sort of BIOS block (like your dv6135 did before you patched out the whitelist), just implemented differently on an AMD-based machine.
AFAIK, HP claims that they just do that to comply with FCC regs. Logical that HP perceives a need to whitelist cards on the dv6135, they'd perceive a similar need on the dv6220. A Google search did
turn up a lady who says she found the whitelist in the AMD BIOS: <http://paganladysere...ejournal.com/>. Scroll down to the post for 23 August.

G :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Laptop DV9230US 1.66 GHz Core2Duo 2GB DDR2 RAM F27 BIOS w/Bluedragon1971 whitelist patch to allow booting with non-stock mini-PCIE wireless card
2X 250GB (2X 233GB Formatted) WD SATA WD2500BEVS Hard Drives (run quiet and cool)
Dell 1490 (Broadcom) mini-PCIE Wireless
Vista Ultimate on first HDD, formatted NTFS
OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4ir3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater) on second HDD, formatted HFS+ & MBR
Darwin Kernel 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386
EasyBCD BootLoader

XBench 1.3: 109.19
Working in OSX: Sleep; Dual widescreen monitors (Internal @ 1440 by 900 & external Dell 2405FPW 24" LCD DVI @ 1920 by 1200) both w/QE/CI/Rotation, iLife08, iWork08, Built-in speakers, Camera/PhotoBooth, Sonix WebCam Monitor, Wireless
Not working in OSX: Sound in/out other than built-in speakers (Conexant), card reader

ManCas

ManCas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for your response guilliamo.

The dv6220 (the white special edition) has an AMD Turion x2 processor and a Broadcom wlan card. This laptop is not mine, I borrowed it from a friend.
The dv6135 is the one that's mine, is Intel based with a Core2Duo and an Intel 3945 wlan card.

So, what I did was swap the wlan cards, I put the Broadcom card in my Intel based laptop and the Intel card on the AMD laptop, with these results (following your list, hehe)

1. What I said is that the Broadcom card worked well, actually it works AWESOME on MY Intel based laptop running OS X, uphuck's 1.3 DVD (OSx86 10.4.9). It shows as an airport card and works great.

2. Now, running Windows Vista, the Intel card DOES NOT show in the device manager of the AMD laptop (dv6220).

3. This one I'm not sure, I tried to fix it using the method posted on this thread and others found somewhere on the net but I couldn't find anything close.

4. On the AMD computer, I tried with a different, complete install of Vista and it didn't found the Intel card, I tried to install it manually but it says it can not load the drivers, also tried the automatic onlline driver search with no success.

5 and 6. I read these, tries to find that whitelist but I couldn't find anything even close.

Thanks a lot for your help man. Cheers

jimbeaned

jimbeaned

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have the Dv2000 Intel based HP and also have had the 104 Error using a Dell 1490 wifi card. I have followed the directions and edited the bios file, re-saved it and flashed my laptop. It did not have any effect, I still have the 104 Error.

I have tried changing the file in several different places as the 1505 value of F9 is not there. the closest in the code is 2075 F9 but this did not work, If someone could tell me where in the *bios.ROM files I need to make the change it would be greatly appreciated, I am stuck back in Vista now, so please help.

This is the link to the Bios I am using on the HP web site, the file can be extracted using winRar and edited using the Phoenix utility from Intel and hexit for the .ROM file.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36501-37000/sp36869.exe

Follow-up:
I was able to bypass the 104 Error by using the tools listed above and on Page 1 of this Post (Please read first or this will not make sense) and add my card to the wireless card whitelist. The file for this bios is is MOD_5100.ROM After adding the code for the Dell 1490 Subsys to the existing Broadcom card list the 00071028 so the ID gets put into hexedit as 28 10 07 00 (see below)

I searched the file for the vendor ID 14E4 so you search for E4 14 There are 2 entries for this Vendor in the file one followed by 11 43 for the 4311 Card and one for 12 43 for the 4312 card this was followed by a list of SUBSYS ID's these are the SubVendor ID and the SubDevice ID: So for Dell I had to change one of these to allow the Dell card to work. I found the SUBSYS ID for the Broadcom branded card and swapped it with the Dell one. So for the 4312 Broadcom card the full string looks like this %BCM430M_DeviceDesc% = BCM43XM11, PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4312&SUBSYS_1360103C The Last number are searched for 3C 10 60 13 and I replaced it With The dell code VEN_14E4&DEV_4312&SUBSYS_00071028 So reversed it is 28 10 07 00 and then saved the file and closed hexit.

Now i went back into Phoenix BIOS editor made a change clicked ok and then changed it back and went to FILE > BUILD the file built OK and I saved it to the desktop. I then copied it into the winflash folder over the old BIOS that was originally in the folder, Change the .ini file to full mode and save the file.

Next the big step: Flashing the BIOS:

I ran the winflash and flashed with the new bios, everything went OK and I shut it down.

Placed the Dell 1490 card into the dv2000's miniPCI slot and Started the computer and it went straight into Booting, (NO Error 104) Vista installed the card automatically and had no problems with it. I then shut down swapped HD drives and rebooted into OSX, It immediately recognized it as a Airport Extreme card and it worked fine.

Some good places to look at are:
http://www.modem-hel...0071028#results

http://www.richud.co...n-104-Bios-Fix/ (At the bottom of the page are some links to lists of Cards and ID's )

RMCL

RMCL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I have SOLVED the problem with the built-in wireless on my HP dv6103nr (Best Buy Black Friday special)! This applies to any of the dv6000t series laptops also; and with a little work can be applied to others.

I bought a Dell 1390 (PC559) wireless card on ebay for $8.99. Plugged it in, and got the dreaded error 104-Unsupported wireless device detected whitelist BIOS garbage.

So, I put in the time, disassembled the BIOS, and bypassed the whitelist. Once I fixed that little problem, the card is recognized by Vista, recognized by the HP WLAN utility, and most importantly, shows up as an Airport Extreme in OS X 10.4.9 without changes! I could even download the latest Airport update and it just works. The front panel switch and LED even work in Windows... but it's just amber when running Mac OS. I am using it now to post this. It was very scary to actually re-flash my laptop, but the results speak for themselves.

How to do it in detail:

Download the version F.16 BIOS update for the dv6000t from HP's site (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34782.exe). Go ahead and run this and update your laptop BIOS, and give you easy access to C:/SWSetup/30BBF16.exe. Unpack 30BBF16.exe using WinACE. This will get you the Phoenix Winflash utility, along with the Winflash BIOS file 30BBF16.WPH.

Download BiosEdit2100.zip from Intel's site (http://downloadfinde...ng Systems?=eng). This "logo editor" is actually the Phoenix BIOS Editor Pro version 2.1.0.0.

Next get a hold of HexIt (http://81.233.34.242/hexit.php). This is a very handy free hex editor that also does disassembly.

Now it is time to fix the problem. Open 30BBF16.WPH using the Phoenix BIOS editor. Click continue for the unrecognized sections.

Use HexIt to edit BIOSCOD4.ROM, found in C:\Program Files\Phoenix Technologies Ltd\BIOS Editor\Temp, where it unpacks the BIOS. At offset 0x1505 you will find an $F9, corresponding to an stc instruction. Change the $F9 to $F8 (clc). That's it. Now the whitelist check will always pass. Save the file.

Rebuild the BIOS. You will have to change something in the Phoenix editor and change it back in order for the Build BIOS option to 'ungrey'. Save the patched BIOS. Make sure there are NO errors.

Now you are ready to Flash using Winflash. Put the BIOS into your extracted 30BBF16 directory. Then modify the PHLASH.INI file so that it shows the full user interface. Set HideAll=0, and add Advanced=1 under [UI]. Now you can run Winflash, backup your BIOS, enable the checksum checks, and Flash your newly patched BIOS.

Done. Now you can use any wireless card - no more whitelist.

I would like to point out that the F.16 BIOS only has two different model cards in the whitelist. The 3495ABG and the Broadcom 4311... which is what the Dell 1390 is. The only difference is the SUBSYS ID! Look at 30BBF16_Whitelist.doc for the details.

What made this especially scary is that the BIOS modules are not built back in the same order as they were originally. But they are all present, and it appears that the Phoenix BIOS Editor has handled everything correctly. Since the BIOS is compressed, the resulting binary is quite different, but uncompressed you can compare the differences and see that they are "the same" as they can be.

Enjoy! ;)

I have a DV6500T and when I open 30CCF22.WPH and don't see BIOSCOD4.ROM but I do see many .ROM files in the Temp Folder. Could you have a look and see if you can do something with this. Thx

mhless

mhless

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
@ccpak43

You can find the Dell wireless driver bundle here:

http://ftp.us.dell.c...ork/R151519.EXE

It's a large download since it contains drivers for most of the dell wireless cards out there, including an XP driver for your 1490.

MsockoR

MsockoR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
the f27 bios only works with the dv6000 models NOT dv6500 models. i tried this on my dv6563cl and it said the platform was different.

debauchery1st

debauchery1st

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I'm using the dv6119us (amd turion), which bios allows legacy mode for sata? Is there a way to patch one to allow legacy mode?

dvtwinks

dvtwinks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
when i try to flash my dv9500 with the modded bios f.27 i get error about platform not the same. currently i have bios f.22. can someone help with modding f.22. thank you

velvetbutter

velvetbutter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi there, for those of you who have found the nice working swapped cards that work for Vista and our lovely OSX can you please post them. I've been looking at getting the DELL 1490 but none seem available to australia easily via the old Ebay.

Was looking at something like a Broadcom BCM94318, but just wanted to see how others faired before investing.

Many thanks to those with the hard work in getting things moving.

EDIT. Have been able to find a:

DELL MINI PCI-Express port wireless mini adapter.

Part number: BCM94311MCAG

Dell Wireless 1490 High Speed

Broadcom Quality Wireless

But these seem to be quite expensive compared to the previous one I posted. This is asking for $40+ after shipping.

AsterixTheVicking

AsterixTheVicking

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I have DV2055EA, can you send a patched BIOS to to use with my notebook and Dell 1490 Wifi card? Otherwise please let me know how manage my F.39 HP Bios. Help me!

JakeGub

JakeGub

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Good News for dv2000t users!

I followed some of the work from the first page or 2 and I think I found the values that need changed for the dv2000t. I will write up an easier to read guide and either edit this one or just post a new one.

Step 1
Get whatever BIOS you want from hp's website.

Step 2
Get HexIt 1.57, Phoenix BIOS Editor, and a program called Tiny Hexer if you can't figure out how to edit in HexIt

Step 3
Extract the BIOS file from the HP executable and open it using Phoenix BIOS editor (Skip through the error messages)

Step 4
Copy the BIOSCOD4.ROM file into the folder with the hexit program (It may not be necessary, but I couldn't open the file when it was in a different directory)

Step 5
Open HexIt and just input the filename with no directory info "BIOSCOD4.ROM"

Step 6
Change the mode to Code mode (Press F4)

Step 7
Scroll to the bottom. Use the pagedown button as it is a long file. from the bottom, start moving up looking for the "stc" instruction code. 2 lines down you should see a "clc" code and that is how you know you found the right stc code. This "stc" should correspond to a value F9 and there should be an address next to the F9. For BIOS F39 the address is 0x2075. Change that to F8 and save the file.

Step 8
Copy that file back into that TEMP folder and go back to Phoenix BIOS editor. Change a value, then change it back the way it was. Then rebuild the BIOS file and you can save it to a different filename if you want.

NOTES
I haven't tested this yet, so I don't know that it eliminates the problem. I DO KNOW however, that this doesn't make your laptop unbootable. I modified my bios file and flashed it, and I'm sitting here typing with my modified BIOS. I should be getting my Dell wireless card in a few days and then I can test to see if the problem is fixed. If someone out there can test it before me, please post back here and let us know. DV2000t with working osx86 wireless will be the best HacBook EVER!

velvetbutter

velvetbutter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'd like to say a very big thank you to bluedragon1971 and anyone else out there who helped with this. I've followed your patched bios and installed the Dell wireless card and all works brilliantly. Infact writing this wirelessly as we speak.

Once again many thanks for your efforts.

Now that HP pack you had, I really have no idea what some of those do. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy