• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

bluedragon1971

bluedragon1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
OK, first the bad news. It appears that my patch didn't work. I just got my network card in and I still get the error. I'm going to try patching with the F16 BIOS and see what happens. To anyone who downloaded my previous patch, just delete it, as it does NOT fix the issue.

edit: YES!!!!!!!!!! It worked. I now have what OS X considers a real AirPort Extreme in my Hackbook. I'll post the working patch in a few minutes. Obviously HP did something to the newer BIOS versions that disables this hack, so I reverted to the F16 BIOS, did the patch, and it worked!!

Here's the patched F16 BIOS update: http://rapidshare.co...BBF16-patch.zip

guilliamo

guilliamo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

edit: YES!!!!!!!!!! It worked. I now have what OS X considers a real AirPort Extreme in my Hackbook. I'll post the working patch in a few minutes. Obviously HP did something to the newer BIOS versions that disables this hack, so I reverted to the F16 BIOS, did the patch, and it worked!!

According to the HP web site, BIOS F25 & up allow use of 2GB so-dimms, for a total of 4GB RAM, so patching a later BIOS is probably still useful:

F27 Fixes

Resolves an issue where notebooks with a Celeron CPU may stop responding (hang) and display a black screen when resuming from Standby mode.
Resolves an issue where the Sound button is always enabled, even if it has been disabled in the F10 BIOS menu.

F26 Enhancements

Improves the thermal-protect mechanism for the battery pack.

F25 Fixes

Fixes issue where a "blue screen" error is generated if the notebook has two 2-GB memory modules installed.

F25 Enhancements

Modifies thermal control method to improve system stability.

I'll try the F16 tomorrow with my Dell card, should work fine as yours does.
Thanks for posting it!

G :)

bluedragon1971

bluedragon1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

According to the HP web site, BIOS F25 & up allow use of 2GB so-dimms, for a total of 4GB RAM, so patching a later BIOS is probably still useful:

I'm going to try again with F27 soon. I have a feeling that I know what I did wrong with it. At worst, if it doesn't work, I can still go back to F16 again.

guilliamo

guilliamo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

I'm going to try again with F27 soon. I have a feeling that I know what I did wrong with it. At worst, if it doesn't work, I can still go back to F16 again.

Just to report back that your patched F16 BIOS clears the "104" error, and my Dell 1490 Rev A02 (Broadcom based) now allows boot & works perfectly in my HP hackintosh laptop. It was recognized as Airport Extreme on first boot-up with your F16 BIOS, and configured/connected without any further patches.
Attached File  Dell_1490_Rev_A02.png   12.54KB   84 downloads

Please let me know if I can assist in any way with your efforts to patch current (F27) BIOS.

Side Note: Laptop would now be essentially perfect in OSX 10.4.10 if the built-in stereo mic worked. Mics are apparently connected to the Conexant audio chip so may work when other Conexant features are sorted out.

Thanks!
G :D

===============================
Hackintosh Desktop
Everything works, including both cores, DVI & sleep:
Pentium D 3.2 Ghz - Intel Motherboard D945GNTKLR
Vista Ultimate
OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4iR3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater)
Darwin Kernel 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386
2 GB Ram - 2x 1GB DDR2 667
HD 400 GB - Seagate SATA
Onboard Firewire 400
Onboard 10/100/1000 LAN
DVD-RW-DL Pioneer 18X DVR-212D SATA
Sony CDRW 52X CRX23EE EIDE
Belkin F5D7000 Wireless PCI
Video ATI/ATI X1600 Pro PCIE 512MB
Display Dell 2405FPW
Logitech Wireless keyboard & mouse
Aspire Pininfarina Tower Case

Hackintosh Laptop
HP DV9230US 17" widescreen @ 1440 by 900
1.66 GHz Core2Duo
NVIDIA Go7600 256MB
2GB DDR2 RAM
2X 250GB (233GB Formatted) WD SATA WD2500BEVS Hard Drives
Vista Ultimate on first HDD, formatted NTFS
OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4iR3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater) on second HDD, formatted HFS+ & MBR
Darwin Kernel 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386
EasyBCD BootLoader

XBench 1.3: 109.19
Working: Sleep; QE/CI/Rotation, iLife08, iWork08, Built-in speakers, Camera/PhotoBooth, Dell 1490 RevA02 Mini-PCIE (recognized as Airport Extreme)
Not working: Sound in/out other than built-in speakers

bluedragon1971

bluedragon1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
Good news!! :P F27 is now patched and working without a whitelist!! Have fun with it. Intel dv6000 and dv9000 models ONLY. http://rapidshare.co...431/sp36368.rar

For those who care to know why my previous attempt failed, it seems that I accidentally put the F8 into the decimal field in my hex editor instead of in the hex field, which converted it to some other value! Yes, it was a boneheaded mistake. ;)

fvista

fvista

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can someone plz upload this somewhere other than rapidshare? Thank u in advance...

bluedragon1971

bluedragon1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Can someone plz upload this somewhere other than rapidshare? Thank u in advance...

What exactly is wrong with rapidshare? If someone else wants to upload it somewhere else, feel free, but be sure that people know that this is the hacked version of this BIOS file, not the original.

fvista

fvista

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It keeps tellin me to wait ~90 min even tho i havent downloaded anything recently.

bluedragon1971

bluedragon1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

It keeps tellin me to wait ~90 min even tho i havent downloaded anything recently.

You probably need to clear your cache and/or cookies. I've seen that happen before.

ManCas

ManCas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
well, sadly it's not working for me. I have a dv6135nr with the intel 9345 wi/fi card.

I tried with the f27 and f16, neither worked for me. I just downloaded your (bluedragon's) zipped files, unzipped to my desktop (i'm on win xp sp2) and runned winflash utility from the winflash folder. I tried running flash32.bat but nothing happened. Then I pointed winflash to the patched BIOS file and it flashed all right. But OS X doesn't recognize my wireless card.

Can you help me? Did I do something wrong?... I'm sad.

guilliamo

guilliamo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Good news!! :D F27 is now patched and working without a whitelist!! Have fun with it. Intel dv6000 and dv9000 models ONLY.

Just to report back that your patched F27 works perfectly for me. Posting this from 10.4.10 with my Dell 1490 Wireless card which now boots up fine in your patched BIOS.

Also to clarify for other posters: Bluedragon1971's most excellent BIOS patches (F16 & now F27) permit booting of Intel-based HP 6000 & 9000 series laptops with mini PCIE wireless cards not supported (recognized) by HP. Whether a given wireless card then actually works in OSX is determined by other factors/drivers.

Also it is extremely cool & brave of Bluedragon1971 to risk bricking his own laptop in order to make it easy for the masses !!!!

A VERY Happy G
:)

Hackintosh Laptop
HP DV9230US 17" widescreen @ 1440 by 900
1.66 GHz Core2Duo
NVIDIA Go7600 256MB
2GB DDR2 RAM
2X 250GB (233GB Formatted) WD SATA WD2500BEVS Hard Drives
Vista Ultimate on first HDD, formatted NTFS
OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4iR3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater) on second HDD, formatted HFS+ & MBR
EasyBCD BootLoader

XBench 1.3: 109.19
Working: Sleep; QE/Q2DE/CI/Rotation, iLife08, iWork08, Built-in speakers, Camera/PhotoBooth, Dell 1490 RevA02 Mini-PCIE (recognized as Airport Extreme in F27 BIOS thanks to bluedragon1971 !!!!)
Not working: Sound in/out other than built-in speakers

BrumBrum74

BrumBrum74

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Thanks a million for making this patch.

bluedragon1971

bluedragon1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

well, sadly it's not working for me. I have a dv6135nr with the intel 9345 wi/fi card.

I tried with the f27 and f16, neither worked for me. I just downloaded your (bluedragon's) zipped files, unzipped to my desktop (i'm on win xp sp2) and runned winflash utility from the winflash folder. I tried running flash32.bat but nothing happened. Then I pointed winflash to the patched BIOS file and it flashed all right. But OS X doesn't recognize my wireless card.

Can you help me? Did I do something wrong?... I'm sad.

You seem to misunderstand the purpose of this patch. It is NOT designed to get Intel wifi cards working in OS X, but to get around the restriction that HP puts in the BIOS of these laptops which prevents you from using other models of wifi card in it. After using this patch, you need to buy a mini-PCI-e card that is compatible with OS X (most of us are using a Broadcom card from Dell, but you could even use an actual Airport Extreme card from an Intel Mac mini or Macbook/Macbook Pro).

bluedragon1971

bluedragon1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Also it is extremely cool & brave of Bluedragon1971 to risk bricking his own laptop in order to make it easy for the masses !!!!

I was simply frustrated with the aparant lack of progress on getting the Intel wireless cards working in OS X, so I decided to risk doing this to get it working. I figured that others would appreciate the files after I got them working too. One thing to note: It seems that OS X may not always recognize the broadcom card correctly if it is in the laptop when you are installing OS X, you may need to take it out while installing then put it back in for it to be recognized correctly. I wonder if this would be the case if we had a REAL Airport Extreme card in here instead of a Dell card? The AE card from an Intel Mac mini should work if anyone wants to test that.

ManCas

ManCas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
ahhh... got it... awesome. I,m gonna try to get one of this cards, the Broadcom one, the Airport sounds expensive. Thanks a lot for your help guys. Cheers

bluedragon1971

bluedragon1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

ahhh... got it... awesome. I,m gonna try to get one of this cards, the Broadcom one, the Airport sounds expensive. Thanks a lot for your help guys. Cheers

Yeah, the Airport cards go for about $90 on eBay (then again, those are the 802.11n cards), but the Dell cards like most of us are using go for about $15 or less (I got mine for $13 with free shipping).

cppak43

cppak43

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello I am new just installed OS X on my HP DV6244US. I am excited I would like to know if someone could please post exactly how to use the winflash F27 bios. Also cant seem to get audio working either any suggestions. Just purchased the Dell 1490 of eBay 15bucks thanks in advance really appreciate it.

bluedragon1971

bluedragon1971

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Hello I am new just installed OS X on my HP DV6244US. I am excited I would like to know if someone could please post exactly how to use the winflash F27 bios. Also cant seem to get audio working either any suggestions. Just purchased the Dell 1490 of eBay 15bucks thanks in advance really appreciate it.

Simply download and extract the folder. Open the SWinFlash folder and run SWinFlash.exe. Make sure that "Backup BIOS and Flash BIOS with new settings" is selected. Click the first browse button to specify a backup file for your old BIOS, then click on the second browse button to select the new BIOS file (30BBF27-PATCHED.WPH in the sp36368 folder). Then click on the Advanced button and select "Verify BIOS Checksum" and click OK. Then click Flash BIOS.

If you are running a 64-bit OS, you will need to use the program in Winphlash64 instead of SWinFlash, but copy the PHLASH.INI from the SWinFlash folder, as it is tweaked to allow you to access the advanced options.

For sound, you should download my compilation of drivers for Hackbooks: http://rapidshare.co...ook_drivers.zip The azalia.pkg in there works well. If you are running 10.4.10, DO NOT install the Speedstep driver from this pack, it will cause a kernel panic. Good luck!!

cppak43

cppak43

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you so much I will try that.

cppak43

cppak43

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I just flashed my bios everything went well only problem is that I cannot seem to find the right dell 1490 rev a04 driver for xp. I have tried about 8 none work can anybody help thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy