hp dv6000t laptop

riffraff

272 posts in this topic

well, sadly it's not working for me. I have a dv6135nr with the intel 9345 wi/fi card.

I tried with the f27 and f16, neither worked for me. I just downloaded your (bluedragon's) zipped files, unzipped to my desktop (i'm on win xp sp2) and runned winflash utility from the winflash folder. I tried running flash32.bat but nothing happened. Then I pointed winflash to the patched BIOS file and it flashed all right. But OS X doesn't recognize my wireless card.

Can you help me? Did I do something wrong?... I'm sad.

Good news!! :D F27 is now patched and working without a whitelist!! Have fun with it. Intel dv6000 and dv9000 models ONLY.

Just to report back that your patched F27 works perfectly for me. Posting this from 10.4.10 with my Dell 1490 Wireless card which now boots up fine in your patched BIOS.

Also to clarify for other posters: Bluedragon1971's most excellent BIOS patches (F16 & now F27) permit booting of Intel-based HP 6000 & 9000 series laptops with mini PCIE wireless cards not supported (recognized) by HP. Whether a given wireless card then actually works in OSX is determined by other factors/drivers.

Also it is extremely cool & brave of Bluedragon1971 to risk bricking his own laptop in order to make it easy for the masses !!!!

A VERY Happy G

:)

===============================

Hackintosh Laptop

HP DV9230US 17" widescreen @ 1440 by 900

1.66 GHz Core2Duo

NVIDIA Go7600 256MB

2GB DDR2 RAM

2X 250GB (233GB Formatted) WD SATA WD2500BEVS Hard Drives

Vista Ultimate on first HDD, formatted NTFS

OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4iR3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater) on second HDD, formatted HFS+ & MBR

Darwin Kernel 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

EasyBCD BootLoader

XBench 1.3: 109.19

Working: Sleep; QE/Q2DE/CI/Rotation, iLife08, iWork08, Built-in speakers, Camera/PhotoBooth, Dell 1490 RevA02 Mini-PCIE (recognized as Airport Extreme in F27 BIOS thanks to bluedragon1971 !!!!)

Not working: Sound in/out other than built-in speakers

well, sadly it's not working for me. I have a dv6135nr with the intel 9345 wi/fi card.

I tried with the f27 and f16, neither worked for me. I just downloaded your (bluedragon's) zipped files, unzipped to my desktop (i'm on win xp sp2) and runned winflash utility from the winflash folder. I tried running flash32.bat but nothing happened. Then I pointed winflash to the patched BIOS file and it flashed all right. But OS X doesn't recognize my wireless card.

Can you help me? Did I do something wrong?... I'm sad.

You seem to misunderstand the purpose of this patch. It is NOT designed to get Intel wifi cards working in OS X, but to get around the restriction that HP puts in the BIOS of these laptops which prevents you from using other models of wifi card in it. After using this patch, you need to buy a mini-PCI-e card that is compatible with OS X (most of us are using a Broadcom card from Dell, but you could even use an actual Airport Extreme card from an Intel Mac mini or Macbook/Macbook Pro).

Also it is extremely cool & brave of Bluedragon1971 to risk bricking his own laptop in order to make it easy for the masses !!!!

I was simply frustrated with the aparant lack of progress on getting the Intel wireless cards working in OS X, so I decided to risk doing this to get it working. I figured that others would appreciate the files after I got them working too. One thing to note: It seems that OS X may not always recognize the broadcom card correctly if it is in the laptop when you are installing OS X, you may need to take it out while installing then put it back in for it to be recognized correctly. I wonder if this would be the case if we had a REAL Airport Extreme card in here instead of a Dell card? The AE card from an Intel Mac mini should work if anyone wants to test that.

ahhh... got it... awesome. I,m gonna try to get one of this cards, the Broadcom one, the Airport sounds expensive. Thanks a lot for your help guys. Cheers

Yeah, the Airport cards go for about $90 on eBay (then again, those are the 802.11n cards), but the Dell cards like most of us are using go for about $15 or less (I got mine for $13 with free shipping).

Hello I am new just installed OS X on my HP DV6244US. I am excited I would like to know if someone could please post exactly how to use the winflash F27 bios. Also can’t seem to get audio working either any suggestions. Just purchased the Dell 1490 of eBay 15bucks thanks in advance really appreciate it.

Hello I am new just installed OS X on my HP DV6244US. I am excited I would like to know if someone could please post exactly how to use the winflash F27 bios. Also can’t seem to get audio working either any suggestions. Just purchased the Dell 1490 of eBay 15bucks thanks in advance really appreciate it.

Simply download and extract the folder. Open the SWinFlash folder and run SWinFlash.exe. Make sure that "Backup BIOS and Flash BIOS with new settings" is selected. Click the first browse button to specify a backup file for your old BIOS, then click on the second browse button to select the new BIOS file (30BBF27-PATCHED.WPH in the sp36368 folder). Then click on the Advanced button and select "Verify BIOS Checksum" and click OK. Then click Flash BIOS.

If you are running a 64-bit OS, you will need to use the program in Winphlash64 instead of SWinFlash, but copy the PHLASH.INI from the SWinFlash folder, as it is tweaked to allow you to access the advanced options.

For sound, you should download my compilation of drivers for Hackbooks: http://rapidshare.com/files/49249006/HP_Hackbook_drivers.zip The azalia.pkg in there works well. If you are running 10.4.10, DO NOT install the Speedstep driver from this pack, it will cause a kernel panic. Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...
Good news!! :) F27 is now patched and working without a whitelist!! Have fun with it. Intel dv6000 and dv9000 models ONLY. http://rapidshare.com/files/52109431/sp36368.rar

For those who care to know why my previous attempt failed, it seems that I accidentally put the F8 into the decimal field in my hex editor instead of in the hex field, which converted it to some other value! Yes, it was a boneheaded mistake. :P

hi, i have a dv6137ea with f27 bios. this is compatible for my notebook? i have the 104 error when put on the dell dw 1490 minipci-e in my notebook.

sorry for my english.

tanks

hi, i have a dv6137ea with f27 bios. this is compatible for my notebook? i have the 104 error when put on the dell dw 1490 minipci-e in my notebook.

sorry for my english.

tanks

Yes, according to HP <http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3289593&lang=en> your machine uses the same F27 BIOS.

Bluedragon1971's patched BIOS will eliminate the "104" error.

Note that AMD-based DV6000 & DV9000 machines and some of the newest Intel-based DV6000 & DV9000 machines do use a different BIOS.

G :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Laptop DV9230US 1.66 GHz Core2Duo 2GB DDR2 RAM F27 BIOS w/Bluedragon1971 whitelist patch to allow booting with non-stock mini-PCIE wireless card

2X 250GB (2X 233GB Formatted) WD SATA WD2500BEVS Hard Drives (run quiet and cool)

Dell 1490 (Broadcom) mini-PCIE Wireless

OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4ir3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater) on second HDD, formatted HFS+ & MBR

Darwin Kernel 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386

EasyBCD BootLoader

Working in OSX: Sleep; Dual widescreen monitors (Internal @ 1440 by 900 & external Dell 2405FPW 24" LCD DVI @ 1920 by 1200) both w/QE/CI/Rotation, iLife08, iWork08, Built-in speakers, Camera/PhotoBooth, Sonix WebCam Monitor, Wireless

Not working in OSX: Sound in/out other than built-in speakers (Conexant)

Sorry to bother you guys but I was wondering if someone could help me to patch the BIOS from a dv6220 with AMD Turion x2 (not mine). I tried to follow the posted instructions but it seems that this BIOS is very different. It comes with a Broadcom wireless card, but i'm trying to put my intel 3945 in it, so I can keep the Broadcom (working awesome in os x right now)

I'm not getting any 401 error but Windows (vista) doesn't seem to even see the hardware. It says it can't load the drivers, so I thought maybe it has something to do with the BIOS.

Can anyone please help me?

Cheers

PS: I tried two Intel 3945 with no success.

Bluedragon's patched BIOS worked great for my dv6135, where I put the Broadcom card.

Anyway to flash this without Windows? I don't have a copy laying around anymore and don't really want to mess with it. I do have a bootable USB drive with dos on it that i use to do my flashing with.

Sorry, the only flashing utils I know of that work for this are Windows based. You could use one of the Windows XP live CDs that I've seen floating around the net though, I assume.

Sorry to bother you guys but I was wondering if someone could help me to patch the BIOS from a dv6220 with AMD Turion x2 (not mine). I tried to follow the posted instructions but it seems that this BIOS is very different. It comes with a Broadcom wireless card, but i'm trying to put my intel 3945 in it, so I can keep the Broadcom (working awesome in os x right now)

I'm not getting any 401 error but Windows (vista) doesn't seem to even see the hardware. It says it can't load the drivers, so I thought maybe it has something to do with the BIOS.

Can anyone please help me?

Cheers

PS: I tried two Intel 3945 with no success.

Bluedragon's patched BIOS worked great for my dv6135, where I put the Broadcom card.

Like you, I have an Intel-based HP, so I don't know about patching the BIOS on an AMD machine, but:

1) You implied that the Broadcom card worked fine in the dv6220, is that correct ?

2) On the dv6220 with the Intel card installed, does the card show up in the device manager ?

3) On the dv6220 is there any BIOS entry related to the wireless ?

4) I'm pretty sure that HP only puts the drivers on the laptop that correspond to the wireless card that shipped with the laptop. Have you attempted to install Intel 3945 drivers on the dv6220 ?

You may be able to do that by letting Vista search for them on the internet or a Vista install DVD. (If, of course, the card actually shows up in device manager.)

5) There seem to be lots of folks struggling with wireless in Vista on these machines. See <http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1136440&admit=-682735245+1191099976759+28353475>. It is possible you've backed into another issue.

6) As you suggest, it may also be that the dv6220 has some sort of BIOS block (like your dv6135 did before you patched out the whitelist), just implemented differently on an AMD-based machine.

AFAIK, HP claims that they just do that to comply with FCC regs. Logical that HP perceives a need to whitelist cards on the dv6135, they'd perceive a similar need on the dv6220. A Google search did

turn up a lady who says she found the whitelist in the AMD BIOS: <http://paganladyserena.livejournal.com/>. Scroll down to the post for 23 August.

G :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Laptop DV9230US 1.66 GHz Core2Duo 2GB DDR2 RAM F27 BIOS w/Bluedragon1971 whitelist patch to allow booting with non-stock mini-PCIE wireless card

2X 250GB (2X 233GB Formatted) WD SATA WD2500BEVS Hard Drives (run quiet and cool)

Dell 1490 (Broadcom) mini-PCIE Wireless

OSX86 10.4.10 (Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4ir3 followed by KoolKal 10.4.10 updater) on second HDD, formatted HFS+ & MBR

EasyBCD BootLoader

Working in OSX: Sleep; Dual widescreen monitors (Internal @ 1440 by 900 & external Dell 2405FPW 24" LCD DVI @ 1920 by 1200) both w/QE/CI/Rotation, iLife08, iWork08, Built-in speakers, Camera/PhotoBooth, Sonix WebCam Monitor, Wireless

Not working in OSX: Sound in/out other than built-in speakers (Conexant), card reader

Thanks for your response guilliamo.

The dv6220 (the white special edition) has an AMD Turion x2 processor and a Broadcom wlan card. This laptop is not mine, I borrowed it from a friend.

The dv6135 is the one that's mine, is Intel based with a Core2Duo and an Intel 3945 wlan card.

So, what I did was swap the wlan cards, I put the Broadcom card in my Intel based laptop and the Intel card on the AMD laptop, with these results (following your list, hehe)

1. What I said is that the Broadcom card worked well, actually it works AWESOME on MY Intel based laptop running OS X, uphuck's 1.3 DVD (OSx86 10.4.9). It shows as an airport card and works great.

2. Now, running Windows Vista, the Intel card DOES NOT show in the device manager of the AMD laptop (dv6220).

3. This one I'm not sure, I tried to fix it using the method posted on this thread and others found somewhere on the net but I couldn't find anything close.

4. On the AMD computer, I tried with a different, complete install of Vista and it didn't found the Intel card, I tried to install it manually but it says it can not load the drivers, also tried the automatic onlline driver search with no success.

5 and 6. I read these, tries to find that whitelist but I couldn't find anything even close.

Thanks a lot for your help man. Cheers