hp dv6000t laptop

riffraff

272 posts in this topic

alright people, i need some pointers here. I booted a USB Windows XP release and flashed the bios back to a legit HP f29, and STILL i can't load my OS. I'm only getting the BSOD. what do i do now?

EDIT: New symptom. When i booted the windows XP install disk to reinstall windows, the install fails because there are "no hard disks installed"

alright people, i need some pointers here. I booted a USB Windows XP release and flashed the bios back to a legit HP f29, and STILL i can't load my OS. I'm only getting the BSOD. what do i do now?

EDIT: New symptom. When i booted the windows XP install disk to reinstall windows, the install fails because there are "no hard disks installed"

is your harddrive serial ata? if is, maybe the old bios was pointed to be a ide serial ata mode and now is ahci serial ata mode. Try booting with vista dvd, if it boots and recognize your harddrive, the problem is this. if not, we need more details to help you.

if the problem is the ahci, try to put the ahci driver of your chipset on a usb pendrive, boot into xp install cd and try to install the driver, if not possible, i think you'll need to re-install xp with a modded cd, with your sata ahci drivers

yes, my drives are serial ata's. and i think you're right with the bios. I'm tryin the vista disc now.

question, when i'm booting into windows, it shows the windows loader screen and starts working, THEN crashes. so it's still finding the hard drive. could this still be a change in hard drive mode?

EDIT: Alright fernando.kreutz, you are my new hero! vista see's the harddrives no problem! Now, how do i go about fixing it so windows can see the drives too?

also, my mac install is also having issues. It gets stuck on the startup screen. could it be caused by the same issue?

EDIT2: after much searching and reading i've figured out how to load the AHCI drivers into an nlite install of xp. so now i'm back up and running on the windows side. AND with the f27 modded bios i might add, so mission accomplished there.

How do i load the mac install with this driver? Or do i even need to?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to successfully patch the F.2C [2008-05-26] Bios from HP?

I might have missed this one somewhere in the forum? :)

sp39360.exe

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp39001-39500/sp39360.exe

Bios: 30BBF2C.WPH

I just want to get the wireless card white list removed so I can stick a Wireless N off ebay in there.

thanks,

Michael

F.2B is the biggest challange . this is wierd . why some are so easy to do and some like F.2B are almost impossible . it makes you think as if it has a dynamic program behind whatever you see inside the roms which everytime you touch anything . it'll disable itself. and untill now there is no phoenix bios editor that can open F.2B correctly. so all i can say god damn it what a luck.

The F.2C [2008-05-26] Bios from HP has been successfully patched?

I took the chance and it's fine. I have an Intel Processor. :rolleyes:

rpol

do you have intel or amd processor???? because i have amd procesor and i dont know if i can use this. for the moment i have F3D version for my dv6316eu but networking controller is not working : the device cannot start (code 10) :S

To doctorj

Thanks alot to you doctorj ..as instructed on ur post i successfully flashed my bios version F.29 (latest) for the intel based HP Pavillion dv 6000t and got my wireless 3945abg replaced with wireless 5300 agn. It worked !!! No 104 error anymore. I got it running on both xp and vista on the same laptop. i havent got the 3rd antenna connected yet though. Can u instruct on doing so?

Can u post some more hacks n patches for dv6000t?

Thanks again..keep up the good work

• 4 weeks later...
Ok I have a big problem. I followed these instructions for my dv2000 (it said dv2700 in BIOS) and now the computer won't boot. Screen stays blank. What can I do now?

Thanks,

-Tom

Ok, I fixed it with the windows key+b during boot from USB stick. Now the problem is none of the tricks I researched (and I spent few hours) seem to work for my Dell 1490 wifi. It refuses to boot with a 104 error. Any ideas?

-Tom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OMFG I'm having a terrible time trying to flash my C700 (C776CA) with the F27 BIOS.

I booted to a WinXP liveCD, and tried running winflash, but it won't flash because it insists my computer is in "battery mode" (it isn't). So I tried making a DOS boot CD using AWDFLASH.EXE, but it won't flash because of a file size error. As far as I can tell the error is that it can't backup my existing bios to the RAMdisk because the disk is too small. AUGHGGHAHGHG.

oTHER c700 users - have you had this kind of trouble? How did you flash your BIOS? I am honestly at the point where I'm going to reinstall windows, JUST so i can use winflash. Sweet jesus what a pain in the ass.

• 4 months later...

i know it is an old thread and im not on here much. but i thought that i would say that it IS in fact possible to use the information gathered from this thread to update the bios of an AMD based notebook. tested on a dv6436nr and dv6105us. both used the same bios file in fact.

also these laptops have SUPPORT for the pheonix crisis recovery disk. but it is DISABLED in the bios. so if you are going to do any playing i would ENABLE it in a clean unmolested (hexedited) bios and flash it to the laptop. then use that as the base for changing wireless cards in the table.

also use the newest phoenix bios editor you can find. 2.2.0.1 worked for me. at first i tried an older version (2.0.1.8 i think) and it didn't support a table. well i was brave and tried 2.0.1.8 anyway, and it ended badly.

anyways thanx, and though im not around much this forum is very helpful for stuff like this. and as helpfull to windows and linux users as osx users.

• 2 months later...
I have SOLVED the problem with the built-in wireless on my HP dv6103nr (Best Buy Black Friday special)! This applies to any of the dv6000t series laptops also; and with a little work can be applied to others.

I bought a Dell 1390 (PC559) wireless card on ebay for $8.99. Plugged it in, and got the dreaded error 104-Unsupported wireless device detected whitelist BIOS garbage.

So, I put in the time, disassembled the BIOS, and bypassed the whitelist. Once I fixed that little problem, the card is recognized by Vista, recognized by the HP WLAN utility, and most importantly, shows up as an Airport Extreme in OS X 10.4.9 without changes! I could even download the latest Airport update and it just works. The front panel switch and LED even work in Windows... but it's just amber when running Mac OS. I am using it now to post this. It was very scary to actually re-flash my laptop, but the results speak for themselves.

How to do it in detail:

Download the version F.16 BIOS update for the dv6000t from HP's site (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34782.exe). Go ahead and run this and update your laptop BIOS, and give you easy access to C:/SWSetup/30BBF16.exe. Unpack 30BBF16.exe using WinACE. This will get you the Phoenix Winflash utility, along with the Winflash BIOS file 30BBF16.WPH.

Download BiosEdit2100.zip from Intel's site (http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df...ng+Systems?=eng). This "logo editor" is actually the Phoenix BIOS Editor Pro version 2.1.0.0.

Next get a hold of HexIt (http://81.233.34.242/hexit.php). This is a very handy free hex editor that also does disassembly.

Now it is time to fix the problem. Open 30BBF16.WPH using the Phoenix BIOS editor. Click continue for the unrecognized sections.

Use HexIt to edit BIOSCOD4.ROM, found in C:\Program Files\Phoenix Technologies Ltd\BIOS Editor\Temp, where it unpacks the BIOS. At offset 0x1505 you will find an $F9, corresponding to an stc instruction. Change the $F9 to $F8 (clc). That's it. Now the whitelist check will always pass. Save the file.

Rebuild the BIOS. You will have to change something in the Phoenix editor and change it back in order for the Build BIOS option to 'ungrey'. Save the patched BIOS. Make sure there are NO errors.

Now you are ready to Flash using Winflash. Put the BIOS into your extracted 30BBF16 directory. Then modify the PHLASH.INI file so that it shows the full user interface. Set HideAll=0, and add Advanced=1 under [uI]. Now you can run Winflash, backup your BIOS, enable the checksum checks, and Flash your newly patched BIOS.

Done. Now you can use any wireless card - no more whitelist.

I would like to point out that the F.16 BIOS only has two different model cards in the whitelist. The 3495ABG and the Broadcom 4311... which is what the Dell 1390 is. The only difference is the SUBSYS ID! Look at 30BBF16_Whitelist.doc for the details.

30BBF16_Whitelist.doc

What made this especially scary is that the BIOS modules are not built back in the same order as they were originally. But they are all present, and it appears that the Phoenix BIOS Editor has handled everything correctly. Since the BIOS is compressed, the resulting binary is quite different, but uncompressed you can compare the differences and see that they are "the same" as they can be.

Enjoy! :)

Would this trick also work for my Compaq Pressario V6500?

Ed

HI all i just Patched my BIOS for hp pavilion dv6000t. which is F.29 works perfect

http://rapidshare.com/files/181177307/sp38012.rar

Is this the same bios for my Compac presario V6500?

Ed

I have been poking, playing around, and learning how to patch/hack the BIOS in the past two days, and I have successfully patch the BIOS on my HP DV6500T with any card I want. I patched the latest firmware F.53 to include the Broadcom BCM94321MC and the Dell 1390 or BCM94311MCG into the whitelist.

I'm still trying to figure which antenna to use at this point as I can only get the Broadcom BCM94231KFBG with pre-N to connect at 24mbps. With the Intel 4965AGN, I was able to connect to my router at 54mbps. The broadcom only have two antenna connector whereas the Intel 4965AGN has three antenna connector.

Here's the patched for the latest firmware F.53:

http://rapidshare.com/files/114623219/30CCF53-PATCH.rar

Do you still have this patched Bios somewhere?? I'm on a compaq V6500 and the bios should be the same.

Have a 1390 card with unsupported card message.

Ed

Do you still have this patched Bios somewhere?? I'm on a compaq V6500 and the bios should be the same.

Have a 1390 card with unsupported card message.

Ed

I Patched the bios myself and it works!!! No more "104-Unsupported wireless network device detected" massage. Here is what I did;

In windows find the VEN/DEV and SUBSYS ID's from the Intel 3945 card.

Change the card with the Dell 1390 while windows is still running. And find its ID's as well.

Download and install the latest bios from HP and update bios.

Then open the the new bios with Phoenix Bioseditor. it is on your C drive.

The go to c:\programm\Phoenix....\Temp\ and open ROM4 with Hexit.

Find the VEN-ID,DEV-ID and SUBSYS-ID from the 3945 card, search for 8680 2242 3C10 5C13.

change 8680 2242 for E414 1143 and 3C10 5C13 for 2810 0700 and save the ROM.

Go back to Phoenix Editor and change some text in a dialog so that you are able to build a new bios.

That's it. save the new bios. and update youre system with this bios.

After reboot you should have no more errors and OSX will detect it as AIRPORT. Yes I'm writing this from my Compac V6500.

Here is my tested and running patched bios.

I followed this link http://www.richud.com/HP-Pavilion-104-Bios-Fix/

Bios_f.59A_With_dell_1390.zip

• 11 months later...
yes, f53 works with the removal of wireless whitelist.

here is the patched bios

to install: download the f53 bios from hp, and install it go all the way to flashing, but do not flash exit the program.

open c:\swsetup\sp39158/swinflash replace the bios file with this one, and run the applicationm to flash the bios.

http://rapidshare.com/files/118211749/BIOS.WPH.html

this did not brick my laptop but dont try with caution

yup this did the trick for my HP Pavilion dv9535 using a dw1490 card connected w/black & grey wire (3rd is white)

I'm going to research this further & get it edited for the latest BIOS,which is up to f59 now. . .

thanx again everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

i need to hack my bios to be able to use an atheros wireless card because i'm getting the 104 unsupported error when i replace my intel wifi 4965. the laptop is HP Pavilion dv6926nr. Please somebody i need wireless in mac osx and there arent drivers for my card.